Ladies Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Skate

reynycpr

On the Ice
I was able to find this on the subject of Robin Wagner... but it is dated March 19th, 2009 last year. Scroll down to the post from "Dave". Not sure if it has anything to do with anything current today...but all i could find on the matter.

http://www.mkforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21989&mode=linear
Dave: "I saw this too at FSU and the Facebook page only said that she had been suspended and that it was in the PSA announcement. Another poster at FSU appeared to have more information and stated that it was about Angela Maxwell switching from Natalia Mishkutenok to Wagner. They said that Wagner solicited Maxwell while she was still with Mishkutenok and even offered some subsidies for switching to her and moving to New York. Wagner and Maxwell parted ways in September. That's all I got."

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I'm thrilled for Caro, who has had such an awful year coming in and had been written off by just about everyone. She obviously wasn't perfect today, but the important thing for her is that she never gave up on the performance, and I hope that will give her the confidence she needs for the Olympics. I still think she can contend for a medal. This win obviously meant a lot to her and her interview afterward was wonderful. :clap:

:agree:

The interview....like she catched an american accent, cute :laugh:

figuristka

Medalist
I am not sure you have to download something(i have to). Just try http://www.tvunetworks.com/watchTV/index.html#c=79538

I watch it fine now from Sweden. They show ladies SP now, Sasha!, but I think dance is on. Tonight ladies FS.

Thanks, i should have checked back sooner. Ice dance just finished i think. Not sure i can stay up all night for ladies but really interested in the Olympic team. Hoping Sasha skates well, i love all the skaters making come backs, Lambiel, Plushenko etc :)

mystichaze

On the Ice
I'm so happy for Caro!!! I hope she builds upon her performances here and does her absolute best at the Oly's and in Torino for Worlds! I was also pleased with Elene winning her first European Bronze medal!

magicalwords

On the Ice
Congrats Caro, it's nice to see her like this.

But I'm fairly disappointed with judging @ Euros. As much as I like Lepisto, she got held up. And being robbed in SP hurt Sarah & Julia a lot. Had they not been robbed I think they could've been on the podium. Nonetheless, I'm happy to see Sarah competing in LP. And wtf @ Caro's flip getting !.

reynycpr

On the Ice
Congrats Caro, it's nice to see her like this.

But I'm fairly disappointed with judging @ Euros. As much as I like Lepisto, she got held up. And being robbed in SP hurt Sarah & Julia a lot. Had they not been robbed I think they could've been on the podium. Nonetheless, I'm happy to see Sarah competing in LP. And wtf @ Caro's flip getting !.

I was surprised about Caro's flip too. Never seen that "!" on hers before. And at the time of watching her LP I remember thinking how shes one of the few Ladies around that actually have a true and clear Lutz and Flip edge.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I feel ambigious about the Laura's medal. Of course I'm happy about it because I'm Finn myself. But I do agree she did not deserve it. I am also fan of Sarah and also I think she was underestimated.

I am not an expert, just a fun from a little girl. But in my opinion the old system had it's weaknesses, but so does the new one. Skatersare trying to get levels in everything, jumps are not so important than they used be, I think they should. Jumping is still the most injured area. In my opinion skaters who are able to do all triples clean should be rewarded more than they do now. And If someone does all the different triples, scores should be higher than those who repeat the same ones. And it still seems to be the final group get higher scores than skaters before.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I just saw interview of Laura in the morning tv. She feels 2-fold herself and I-ve undestood she herself thinks she is lucky to medal because so many ladies failed. She seems to be little suprised of the points of the free herself, too.

schiele

Final Flight
Well, it was written all over her face even in the k&S when the marks came up. She suspiciously raised her eyebrows and looked suprised when she saw her rank.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The only thing this competition really told me is that the European ladies have no chance of being on the podium at Olympics.

I wish Elene Gedevanishvili had lived up to her early promise. Her SP at 2006 Olympics will always be how I choose to remember her. It's too bad that her skating went downhill.

I wish she at least tried to be competitive. Her LP layout makes no sense to me - she plans 1 Lutz, 2 Salchows, and 2 Toeloops??? She can do so much more than that. She used to land Triple Flip all the time (she gets an edge call, I know, but even still) and she did Triple Loop at Junior Worlds last year. She should be going for a 7-Triple LP.