Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Senior Free Dance

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Yes, Phantom is so overused and old (it even has a sequel now, ffs). But Davis/White were in a different ballpark, a shinier and better one. Given B/A's score, Davis/White should've broken 110.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    I hate this music but S/B are going to be going to Vancouver over the other team, I think. Much cleaner, better extension, better speed, harder footwork and twizzles.
    Yep.

I don't get S/B...I want to, I just don't.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Yep.
    Think you're right--i can live with S/B being #3 in Vancouver, though sentimentally I was hoping for N/B.

I'm pretty sure USFS will go with 1-2-3 order of finish on this.

Tripping on the Podium
    congrats to the top 3. s/b put on one heck of a case for a trip to vancouver. but i feel so much for n/b...its almost like most of the time they are always the bridesmaids but never the bride...looks like alternates again...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BravesSkateFan View Post
    I don't get S/B...I want to, I just don't.
    For the past 2 years, I have loved their OD. However, their FD puts me to sleep. It's the music. They have great quality has skaters. But the music choice is just not up to par. Granted, this year's music choice is better and I do like it - but not for a FD program. As Tracy said, it's predictable and just one tempo. I don't know who their choreographer is, but they need a new one who can pick better music for the FD.

Quote Originally Posted by hrmsk8ngnutt View Post
    For the past 2 years, I have loved their OD. However, their FD puts me to sleep. It's the music. They have great quality has skaters. But the music choice is just not up to par. Granted, this year's music choice is better and I do like it - but not for a FD program. As Tracy said, it's predictable and just one tempo. I don't know who their choreographer is, but they need a new one who can pick better music for the FD.
    I definetly think music is problem. I just had a hard time keeping my attention on them. I hate to say it, but it was kind of boring.

Custom Title
    Who is their coach? S/B i mean.

Custom Title
    1. Yes, I think we can say that D/W are one of the favourites for the Gold Medal - and in my mind, there are only two.

2. I can definitely understand why S/B don't appeal to everyone. Right now, their free programs (generally the make-or-break with fans) tend to be based on less famous, repetitive music. This year particularly I get it - Evan is grinning throughout the entire thing and he really shouldn't be. But they create such lovely pictures with their bodies - the transition lift is a thing of beauty. To me, it's like their movements create the tempo of the program, it's build and flow, and I'm fine with that.

3. Emily's giddy laughter after their score was read was awesome.

4. NavBom will likely go to worlds - I think B/A will retire after Vancouver. But the young ones are coming (not just Chock and Zuerlein, but next season the Shibutanis will likely be seniors - nationally, if not internationally).

Who is this interviewer?? She totally just cut Emily off when she was talking!

Oh my god Dick. Stop talking! "toodle bumps" [color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color]!

Tripping on the Podium
    whats with the souffle analogy??? sasha has a souffle....ice dancing now has a souffle...

how soon do we find out the olympic committee selections?

Custom Title
    deleted
    Last edited by bigsisjiejie; 01-23-2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: double post

Custom Title
    we should find out almost immediately, also 4CC selections as that team has to leave ASAP. Probably no later than after ladies--maybe they will announce at same time.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Yes! Meryl Davis and Charlie White win
    Hope they can repeat at the Olympics but it'll be hard

How many hours until NBC show ladies?

Custom Title
    ^^ about 3 hours I think?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast