Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Senior Free Dance

Tripping on the Podium
    about 3 more hours. cant wait! ihave my chips and soda and popcorn and laptop all ready. :-) :-)

will those selected for 4CC leave right from spokane? i would think so with travel issues and the time change...

Quote Originally Posted by silversprings77 View Post
    about 3 more hours. cant wait! ihave my chips and soda and popcorn and laptop all ready. :-) :-)
    Oh the life of a skating fan

Hope its on YT soon cannot wait to see D/W. Now North american's are the favourites for Olympics. Of course my very favourites remain Virtue and Moir though. Funny how D/W ended up 1 point ahead in the free compairing them with V/M at Canadian's. Think it would have been the other way around if Canadian's were second lol. Gosh will be very close. After seeing D/S at Europeans they won't be able to beat either V/M or D/W to me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hrmsk8ngnutt View Post
    For the past 2 years, I have loved their OD. However, their FD puts me to sleep. It's the music.
    Sadly, me too. I also loved their gala programs but their FD is.... not so.... interesting.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dgel View Post
    I'm guessing the deduction was for the throw jump right at the end- it's new
    That move has been in the program since the beginning. It's gottten no deductions and should qualify as an assisted jump so long as the in air rotation is under on revolution. I think the deduction was likely for either finishing slighting after the music or for the first lift being held too long.

So sad for Kim and Brent. They are so entertaining and, as Tracy said, "heartfelt." They will make great show skaters if they get picked up. Love them. Still Samuelson and Bates are better technicians and were far cleaner. Still they really need to bring in an outside choreographer next season. Their coaches have given them a great technical base. Now they need to take it to the next level.

Still so happy to see how deep ice dance remains in the US. The US dance in the 80s and 90s seem like a whole other lifetime ago.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BravesSkateFan View Post
    I definetly think music is problem. I just had a hard time keeping my attention on them. I hate to say it, but it was kind of boring.
    And compare the music choices of Navarro/Bommentre. Here are their FD choices since 2006:

2006 - Michael Buble medley
    2007 - Beatles medley
    2008 - Since I've Been Loving You by Corinne Bailey Rae (originally by Led Zeppelin)
    2009 - Fatboy Slim medley
    2010 - One by U2 & Mary J. Blige

They always choose music that is familiar to many and skateable/danceable. As I said, Samuelson/Bates music - especially last year - is boring and doesn't hold the audience's attention - or at least my attention. They have great music for their OD. I hope that next year their FD music will be just as exciting.

I'm glad everyone performed well.

WOW what a lousy weekend of skating...why do I watch this sport again.

Once again the less original, boring, YAWN dance team robs someone who is actually talented of the Bronze medal and in this case a spot on the olympic. S/B are boring, slow, no real difficulty, and no originality.

KIM AND BRENT WERE ROBBED!!!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Oh the life of a skating fan
    hahaha. even my boyfriend has agreed to sit and watch with me (and he's not a FS person....i had to watch some "man tv" in return). yes to be a skating fan is so much fun!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Yes! Meryl Davis and Charlie White win
    Hope they can repeat at the Olympics but it'll be hard

How many hours until NBC show ladies?
    Be prepared for more fluff and another reshowing of some of the SPs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post

Once again the less original, boring, YAWN dance team robs someone who is actually talented of the Bronze medal and in this case a spot on the olympic. S/B are boring, slow, no real difficulty, and no originality.

Wow. You're actually quite wrong here. No real difficulty? Seriously? I get that the team you were rooting for didn't make it and that sucks as a fan, but take it down a notch.

How do you feel NavBom were original?

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Navarro/Bommentre are the Kerr/Kerr of the USA. Never boring, but never fully embraced by the judging panel either, and that's a shame.

Custom Title

If you are referring to Silverstein/O'Meara over Matthews/Zavozin 4 years ago, I will have to respectfully disagree with you. Matthews/Zavozin made mistakes which resulted in a 5th place finish in the free, 4th overall. I think both those teams were equally talented. It really was amazing Silverstein/O'Meara had come so far since they had only been together for less than a year, but they were able to mesh together and had really nice programs.

Samuelson/Bates have a better quality in skating, but Navarro/Bommentre have a better quality in performing. N/B also has better FD music than S/B. I really do feel for N/B, but I think the judging was correct that put S/B ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by dgel View Post
    I'm guessing the deduction was for the throw jump right at the end- it's new
    V/M had a similar lift jump and had to change it at Nationals so they would not get a deduction. I loved it though :/ and the one D/W do also. Such a shame they would get deducted for something so new and interesting. Neither were deducted all season so its unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by hrmsk8ngnutt View Post
    If you are referring to Silverstein/O'Meara over Matthews/Zavozin 4 years ago, I will have to respectfully disagree with you. Matthews/Zavozin made mistakes which resulted in a 5th place finish in the free, 4th overall. I think both those teams were equally talented. It really was amazing Silverstein/O'Meara had come so far since they had only been together for less than a year, but they were able to mesh together and had really nice programs.

Samuelson/Bates have a better quality in skating, but Navarro/Bommentre have a better quality in performing. N/B also has better FD music than S/B. I really do feel for N/B, but I think the judging was correct that put S/B ahead.
    No not at all, I LOVED SILVERSTEIN AND O'MEARA!!! They were my favorite dance team, I have all of their programs on video. I was heartbroken, when Jamie quit again. I had always hoped that Jaime and Ben would skate together!!!!

No I was comparing this to watching the European Championships, Khok/Nov won the bronze over a much better and more talented Kerrs.

S/B do not have a better quality in skating, they used an drawn out opera like ballad with ice dancing moves, that is the oldest trick in the book. Nav/Bom were original, and deserve that space on the Olympic team!!!!

Nav/Bom were original, and deserve that space on the Olympic team!!!!
    If they hadn't made that mistake on the twizzle maybe they would be going...

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast