Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Senior Free Dance

Custom Title
    Ben Agosto is the classiest guy.

http://twitter.com/Ben_Agosto/status/8132088406

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    What a great event. Everybody skated with so much heart and so much joy. I was rooting for Tanith ans Ben but Meryl and Charlie deserved to win. The lif where she stands on his leg did not look quite as easy as I have seen them do it, actually I wish they would lose it. But other than that they skated the best ever this season. So did Tanith ans Ben. They made a LOT of changes to that program since the GP. They look faster, more confident, and seem to have harder lifts. I would like nothing more than for them to win in Vancouver but I fear they will lose to thier injured, slow, training mates.

Anyway, Emily and Evan were a joy to watch. Interesting music choice that felt more like an exhibition but I just love watching them. They have the best lines of any dancers out there and are developing some nice chemistry. So happy they made the team.

Custom Title
    Will Navarro/Bommentre split up?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    No, but I expect that they will retire-however, they would like to skate professionally. However, there are only a limited number of professional opportunities out there.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post

I really love him. In interviews B/A are making it sound like they will leave skating after the Olys, and not even do shows. I hope they'll do a little bit of show touring. I know Tanith has said she'd like to do TV interviewing as a possible career and has done some of this in the past. Has anyone heard what Ben might do when they retire? I know he plays guitar and I've wondered if he will pursue music professionally.

I wonder if N/B could get picked up by small ice shows. I don't know if they'd want this or not. I hate that they will just stop skating entirely, but I guess that's what happens with everyone eventually.

Has the dance US Olympic team been made official yet?

At my computer watching Meryl and Charlie skate!
    Yes, the Olympic dance team is officially Davis/White, Belbin/Agosto, and Samuelson/Bates.

I will miss B/A when they retire. They have both represented the US in a very positive way these past years and they have both been a credit to our sport.
    I know they will be touring with SOI after the Olympics but I don't see B/A making pro skating their career choices.

n_halifax
    I am so thoroughly disappointed that Navarro and Bommentre weren't given an assignment at 4CC's or Worlds - at the very least. Their free dance this season is just spectacular and hasn't even reached its true potential yet! :( I sincerely hope they go on to explore whatever professional skating opportunities there are out there. Who knows? If a huge crop of skaters turn pro following this season, the networks and event organizers might think it viable to revive a few of the professional competitions missing from the skating world in the past few years. That would be my dream come true!

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    I will miss B/A when they retire. They have both represented the US in a very positive way these past years and they have both been a credit to our sport.
    I know they will be touring with SOI after the Olympics but I don't see B/A making pro skating their career choices.

I feel the same way. B/A have done so much for US Ice Dancing. It's hard to grasp that will not be skating at Nationals next year

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by n_halifax View Post
    I am so thoroughly disappointed that Navarro and Bommentre weren't given an assignment at 4CC's or Worlds - at the very least. Their free dance this season is just spectacular and hasn't even reached its true potential yet! :( I sincerely hope they go on to explore whatever professional skating opportunities there are out there. Who knows? If a huge crop of skaters turn pro following this season, the networks and event organizers might think it viable to revive a few of the professional competitions missing from the skating world in the past few years. That would be my dream come true!
    I think it highly likely that N/B will have their chance to compete again this season at Worlds. I doubt that B/A will continue on to Worlds no matter what their placement is at the Olympics. If they win or medal they won't want to jinx that standing by going onto Worlds where they could possibly lose again. If they lose, the writing will be on the wall and I think they'll be too emotionally exhausted to fight one last time at Worlds.

I hope we get to see N/B perform that FD one last time before the season is over.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post

He seems like a great guy, but his tweet can't be true.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15