Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: European Championships 2010 Gala

I've heard that lots and lots of the Russian skaters smoke. I think Kavaguti said it once, that she was so happy to be able to room with Domnina, because she is one of the few Russian skaters who doesn't smoke.

Doesn't Lambiel smoke? There was a weird article after Worlds 2008 that indicated that, I think.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I've heard that lots and lots of the Russian skaters smoke. I think Kavaguti said it once, that she was so happy to be able to room with Domnina, because she is one of the few Russian skaters who doesn't smoke.
    unlike their partners
    i didnt see stephan smoking, he was also flying in the morning like me but i saw him shopping only. On second thought, I m not sure it was even him, he was dressed with black long jacket and scarf, i was too sleepy to investigate more.
    Papa Mishin was also in the flight and was reading a book all the time.

I remember that there was an article a while back when Brian Joubert was interviewed by Goldenskate, and he commented that he did not smoke, because he felt that was a nasty habit (which I agree with), and that it was true that many of the Russian athletes that he had met did smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    Wow, I find this totally suprising. As an ex-smoker, I cannot believe you'd be a top athlete and continue smoking. They mostly do not drink alcohol, right? So why continue smoking which is much worse for stamina? Weird.. I'm curious which of the smokers you caught there Seniorita..
    Maybe some just smoke as a social thing on occasion? Many skater's have a few drinks after an event its pretty normal.

I liked the clip i found of Stephan Lambiel doing a compulsory dance Maybe he can come back for the next Olympics after Vancouver in Ice dance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    What was Kiira Korpi thinking? That was just... strange. I'm confused what about the song made her think she should dress up in a sparkly cop uniform and then strip. Does anyone know?
    The uniform is related to the video of the song in which Beyonce is acting as a lady cop whose boyfriend also is a cop. He is jealous on the cop she is working with and she also is jealous on another woman, but in the end they reconciliate. The vid is played very often on MTV Europe and though very popular here, but if you don't know it you obviously can't get the point of Kiiras dress.

On the Ice
    The vid is played very often on MTV Europe and though very popular here, but if you don't know it you obviously can't get the point of Kiiras dress.
    Thanks for this, I have never seen this video, so I was confused, too.

Kiira is always beautiful, anyway......

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    The uniform is related to the video of the song in which Beyonce is acting as a lady cop whose boyfriend also is a cop. He is jealous on the cop she is working with and she also is jealous on another woman, but in the end they reconciliate. The vid is played very often on MTV Europe and though very popular here, but if you don't know it you obviously can't get the point of Kiiras dress.
    Ok, that makes sense... There have been many photos of Kiira in that police uniform in Finnish newspapers, and Finnish cops love her, because she said "what could be more masculine than a policeman"...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3