Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: European Championships 2010 Gala

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    There's just no words. I've never seen a skater express emotions so beautifully and freely on the ice. He's a true artist. I feel so blessed to be able to follow his career as a skating fan.
    Yes, it was absolutely marvellous. I enjoy Brian's galas a lot too, they are totally different in character but also great.. Brian and Lambiel were the highlights here.. ( I also adore K&S's blues to Gary Moore but I may be the only one as always)..
    What a shame what Lambiel has created for LP and SP this season doesn't even remotely come close to what he has done with this Jaques Brel gala programme. The feeling, the passion, the exquisite moves to the music in the gala, whereas all I see is reshuffling of old programmes in the LP.
    B, I also thought it was very strange what Kiira did. When I first saw the costume I thought it would be great fun but then I saw the music selection to it and I was very confused. It did not make any sense to me at all.To be brutally frank, I actually thought it was as a poor attempt to apply some male fetish fantasy to the ice.
    Since we're talking about poor costume choices, errr Caro K, please never again!

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    What a shame what Lambiel has created for LP and SP this season doesn't even remotely come close to what he has done with this Jaques Brel gala programme. The feeling, the passion, the exquisite moves to the music in the gala, whereas all I see is reshuffling of old programmes in the LP.
    B, :
    I agree. I thought his first LP for this season (tango?) was so much better.

I also enjoyed Brezina a lot! He is very musical and he might become an artist just like Lambiel.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    joubert got the biggest rythme applause while skating! All arena caught with him!I loved it! Exhibition is to relax a little!
    Stephan was magic!
    Plush was just aetherial
    Standing ovation for three of them!!!!

I saw the morning practice of gala, it was so fun!!!!
    You needed to see what kira was planning to wear first time. A sparkling pink short as never dress. She wore it in practice. When she took off the costume thing all men eyes popped up.
    Glebova also wore this travesty of a dress with make up in morning practice.Awful, her program also!!!
    The first person i saw in front of me at the morning was Shabalin in the matrix costume with the sunglasses! I got scared to helll!Oksana was with human clothes.

The choreographer was trying to put them all together, Plushy arrived late and missed the first steps and then the guys were making fun cause he didnt know what to do and was following them. I loved their goofying thing. They didnt do what they were told and fooling around. It was hilarious, they were asked by microfone to behave.

Also a bunch of the women were always around the trio medalists, stephan mostly with natalie, plushy with carolina and kira and jouby with natalie also
    They also gave a kid to hand to each skater and Stephan had a cute cute one who was looking at him like God in the eyes, Plush got a little blonde mullet boy who was embarassed and didnt look at his direction and Plush was doing the monkey around him to play!Then he gave him a hug and it was so cuuuute!
    In the practice they were supposed to fall down after a spin and Plush forgot it and did the shoot the duck thing in exhibition and almost crashed to boards
    Lambiel is a great teaser!!!was doing his crazy dance during breaks.

Jouby looked a little sad but we were cheering for him in the morning! But at the night he rocked!!! Brezina was too light and i love this song!!!Did tv showed the belly dance of plush with oksana at the end?

i dont remember more now.:o

Custom Title
    I'm really glad that Lambiel finally skated a flawless Ne me quitte pas and where else but Tallinn. There are like 3-4 different recordings of this program in youtube and every one of them is flawed- falls on jumps, toutcing the ice on landings, fall while silmpy skating backwards... Tragic really. Finally a golden performance for youtube.

Joubert and Smirnof were dressed looking like they would probably be leaving the party together...

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by hauteor View Post
    like they would probably be leaving the party together...

:o

Smirnov went for a guys out night with Plush and the other pair russian male whose name i can never remember.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Smirnov went for a guys out night with Plush and the other pair russian male whose name i can never remember.
    Seniorita, while I can understand the source for the rest of your entertaining gossips and I can forgive you for meeting Jouby too many times, I am bedazzled as to how you know this one??? Did you tag along for the ride?

No, I just saw them going out at late night all clean and tide (totally checking out material but i behaved nonchalant and like a lady:boohoo when I was walking back to my room. They were entering a taxi laughing and I have no clue what they were saying, so I figured out they are happy going out without their women

I was also flying with many skaters back to my connecting flight ande entered the smoking area to find to my surprise a whole bunch of skaters:sheesh: saw who smokes which i didnt like at all. Plush doesnt smoke, thank god, at least there
    Last edited by seniorita; 01-25-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks seniorita for all your observations. What fun those competitions are. Not attended one since 2002.

Custom Title
    Lambiel´s "Ne Me Quitte Pas" was fantastic. He is such a wonderful artist!!!
    Last edited by Jaana; 01-25-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Lambiel´s "Ne Me Quitte Pas" was fantastic. He is such a wonderful artist!!!
    I think so, too!!
    And I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw Plushys two 3As, but I didn't like the program.

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    was also flying with many skaters back to my connecting flight ande entered the smoking area to find to my surprise a whole bunch of skaters:sheesh: saw who smokes which i didnt like at all. Plush doesnt smoke, thank god, at least there
    More skaters than you would think smoke. Nicole Bobek and Artur Dimitriev were both heavy smokers during their amateur careers. It's not a healthy habit but it's not the end of the world... at least IMO, but then again, I am a smoker and smoked when I competed...

Quote Originally Posted by n_halifax View Post
    More skaters than you would think smoke. Nicole Bobek and Artur Dimitriev were both heavy smokers during their amateur careers. It's not a healthy habit but it's not the end of the world... at least IMO, but then again, I am a smoker and smoked when I competed...
    Wow, I find this totally suprising. As an ex-smoker, I cannot believe you'd be a top athlete and continue smoking. They mostly do not drink alcohol, right? So why continue smoking which is much worse for stamina? Weird.. I'm curious which of the smokers you caught there Seniorita..

On the Ice
    Did tv showed the belly dance of plush with oksana at the end?
    No, we didn't see it :

Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    I'm curious which of the smokers you caught there Seniorita..
    I dont kiss and tell:boohoo:
    I find it shocking that someone of their level would smoke and be able to compete. It is not like I m going out for a drink so I had a cig with my friends.It was 6 am in the morning in the smoke cube of airport, I mean , come on. Anyway..
    too bad you missed the belly dance!
    Plush can move his waist in all directions. I was not looking at oksana.:o

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast