Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So Who Won the Ladies?

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

So Who Won the Ladies?

I am interested in knowing who won the ladies US title? Did Sasha Cohen compete? If so, how did she do?

I'm pretty sure it hasn't started yet. Will start later today, I think.

It hasn't started so nobody has won yet.
    Last edited by leruiz; 01-23-2010 at 08:00 PM.

first, the free dance hasn't started yet

second, yes, if you'd just read the threads on the ladies competition you'd note that Sasha Cohen did compete...

instead of having us do the work, just do a bit of searching here or on icenetwork and you'd get all your answers solved -or, better yet, read the articles on Golden Skate!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post

second, yes, if you'd just read the threads on the ladies competition you'd note that Sasha Cohen did compete...

instead of having us do the work, just do a bit of searching here or on icenetwork and you'd get all your answers solved -or, better yet, read the articles on Golden Skate!
    I thought Golden Skate was a friendly neighbourhood, where one can ask such questions! I am suprised by your curt reply. Of course, I did some research - I even looked up the US Nationals, but did not see any info on the Ladies. I was not aware that the ladies had not aired yet on tv. I did see some of the dance. However, did not know that the rest of the competition was coming on later. I don't always stay tuned into US channels since I live in Canada.

Sorry, I asked.....

Custom Title
    Ladskater, we're all still biting our nails over this one. Unfortunately, the Nationals are being held in the westernmost time zone, so everything is still to be decided. I can tell you that the top three skaters are in a virtual tie after the short program: Nagasu, Sasha, and Rachael Flatt in that order. All three of those ladies did a solid job. Flatt did the only triple-triple of the bunch (though I vaguely recall that it was downgraded), Sasha did an amazing job considering that she hasn't competed in four years--her spiral made nearly everyone else's look stiff by comparison, and her footwork was like lightning. Mirai was splendid, lacking only a triple-triple. I'm hoping she'll have as spectacular a free skate as Joannie Rochette, whose long program for the Canadian Nationals was one for the ages.

Alas, Caroline Zhang and Alyssa Czisny fell at least once each and are pretty far down. It's always sad to watch such gifted skaters slump dejectedly off the ice.

Ask us again in about 3 hours! I hope I don't expire of nerves before the end of the competition. More than that, I hope none of the skaters expire of nerves either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    Of course, I did some research - I even looked up the US Nationals, but did not see any info on the Ladies. .
    there are links that stickied on this very board that are exclusive to Golden Skate that are on the very subject you asked. There are several ladies threads on this board that also have the answers you seek (especially where Sasha's concerned) it just seems rather interesting that you didn't find them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    ??? I thought Dance Champs finished earlier this afternoon???

meant the free program... sorry still have ice dance on the brain, good catch

and just incase you are still having trouble finding coverage of the US Ladies SP, Lad, here's the Golden Skate article I was referring to. - http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2009/us_slsp.shtml
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 01-23-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    I thought Golden Skate was a friendly neighbourhood, where one can ask such questions! I am suprised by your curt reply. Of course, I did some research - I even looked up the US Nationals, but did not see any info on the Ladies. I was not aware that the ladies had not aired yet on tv. I did see some of the dance. However, did not know that the rest of the competition was coming on later. I don't always stay tuned into US channels since I live in Canada.

Sorry, I asked.....

Hey Ladskater, I am also from Canada, Newfoundland to be exact. It is now 10:19 our time. NBC will be starting the coverage at !0:30. Don't know if the ladies will be starting then. It will be televised at that time.

Down With It
    The event is underway right now. The live TV broadcast is starting in five minutes.

Custom Title
    Flatt won the long program and the title. Nagasu was silver with her first placed short and third placed long. Wagner moved up a slot to third with a second place long. Cohen dropped to fourth with a fourth placed long.

Flatt and Nagasu are likely going to the Olympics.

Sasha skated her typical type of free skate.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    Sasha skated her typical type of free skate.
    No, Sasha skated way worse than her typical free skate. If she fell on one jump- or even two and attacked the rest of the program it would have been better. She was tentative on most of her jumps- tons of two foots which is not common with her and worst of all, her program was BORING. I'm a Sasha fan but tonight was a huge letdown. Maybe if she had more exciting music she could have gotten more into that program but that music was too slow and melancholy- not good to take someone's thoughts off of their nerves.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Soogar, I was too nervous to notice the program as a whole but I was never happy about her choice of Moonlight Sonata for the FP. ITA with you on that - that music has become trite with overexposure and is too much of a downer. Sasha always does better with music that has more momentum and sparkle. But she really fought to stay upright even on wonky jumps. I give her huge points for the effort but she just ran out of prep time.

Mirai should have won. Within ten minutes it was obvious that the judging of this event was going to be controversial. Too bad - the judges looked like they were gonna make it through Nats with almost unanimous kudos!

PS: Ladskate, don't feel bad. Ask whatever you want. You're right, this is the nice board!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast