Davis and White win second title in convincing fashion | Golden Skate

Davis and White win second title in convincing fashion

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Meryl Davis and Charlie White ignited the audience with an electrifying free dance to music from The Phantom of the Opera to win their second consecutive U.S. Championships here in Spokane.

More

N

n_halifax

I think the world of each of America's top four ice dance teams right now and wish them all the success in the future. :)

Antilles

Medalist
I like Kimberly's comment about planning to eat a lot of donuts. :) Too bad they didn't make the team.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I feel for BelbinAgosto.. they have done soo much for Ice Dance in their country but it was obvious the youngsters aren't that young anymore and have already surpassed them.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I love, love, love their "Phantom of the Opera" programme. The difficulty was mind-blowing for me. The only thing wrong with a programme this complex, is that it increases the likelihood of making a mistake in the heat of competition. I find it a very exciting viewing experience. My hat's off to Igor and Marina for this tour de force, and major congratulations to Meryl and Charlie for carrying it off superbly. :clap:

I also love their OD. ;)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Did anybody ever verify what the -1 deduction was for? An extended lift?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
PS: Tonichelle your blog is fabulous! Please take over reporting for major figure skating events!

really? it's just a bunch of ramblings! :rofl: but thank you, it means a lot. I'm actually starting to miss my journalism classes.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Did anybody ever verify what the -1 deduction was for? An extended lift?

Yes, it was an extended lift. The protocol doesn't say which one, but I think it was the one where Meryl balances on Charlies leg. That seemed a little long to me.

BTW, if you caught the exhibition on NBC, Uncle Dick is a huge D&W fan and "feels privileged" to hage been there to see their FD.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I thought Meryl took a teeny bit longer than usual to find her proper balance point on that one . It's just a wonderful program for them. I so admire the choreography Zoueva has done for all her couples..each piece unique ,and so obviously perfectly suited to the skaters. ..loved Ch/Z..and the La Strada piece for H-M/C make beautiful use of that music . 4CC could be a lot of fun.

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the world of each of America's top four ice dance teams right now and wish them all the success in the future. :)

While I was hoping for Tanith & Ben to win their 6th US title, I am thrilled for Meryl & Charlie and how they performed at Nationals. I love all four teams, but I am heartbroken for Kim & Brent. :cry: I just wish they could have their Olympic opportunity this time around.