SARAH vs. SASHA | Golden Skate

SARAH vs. SASHA

L

lottafs

SARAH vs. SASHA

Since my girl (Michelle) is kinda sittin' out this season, which one of her little girls ( :lol: ) do you think will be excellent and stuff?

E

eltamina

Re: SARAH vs. SASHA

Sarah, but I clicked Sasha by mistake because it was the first choice there. It will be easier if the choices were Hughes and Cohen. :)

R

RealtorGal

I selected both but I don't think of them as CUTE.

S

Show 42

.....I chose Sasha.......and she is a cutie.........42

S

salepelletier4ever

I like both of them. But I don't think of them as "cute" either.

Later
Janelle

Q

QuadKingLuvr

I have to pick Sarah.. shes just more respectable.

N

NatureGirl 89

I think both of them will do well. They're both my fave female sk8ers this year!

M

maxell1313

I don't like either of them, but I certainly don't HATE them. I reserve hate for the true bad guys of the world...figure skaters don't make that list.

D

diamondqueen

Sarah/Sasha

My choice is Sarah Hughes. Sarah is a sweet nice person and a very gifted skater. Since my Michelle may not be skating the rest of the year, I want Sarah to do well. Hope she wins the US/Worlds. Anyway I find it hard not to like this darling young woman. She may not be Michelle, but Sarah Hughes is a terrific person.

diamond:)

M

mathman444

Re: Sarah/Sasha

Say it again, Diamond Queen!

(But they're both cute.)

MM

L

LADSKATER

I voted for both of them because I feel they each have unique qualities plus quality skating abilities. I don't think "cute" is the correct adj. for either of these ladies. Sasha I would describe as "fiesty" and Sarah is "demure." They are both talented and each has her own style. The US nationals ladies event will really be exciting this year with so many quality skaters fighting for the top!

Ladskater

B

BronzeisGolden02

Sarah Probably, but not by a huge margin

I would most likely choose Sarah Hughes, but not by a huge margin. Sarah is less precocious, but has a nice style that, with some tweaking, could become wonderful.
She has the consistency and the right attitude, and you can tell she is a strong person and an equally strong athlete.
On the other hand, Sasha is fresh and unique and has an extremely vivacious attitude when it comes to just about everything. That is exciting, and it adds a bit to the amateur scene for me. She has beautiful lines and carriage, with that I agree, but the consistency bothers me. She's not yet mentally prepared. I'm hoping that will come together for her.

T

TimGoebelsGirl

Re: sarah or sasha

I don't like either of them, I'm a Michelle girl, and neither Sarah or Sasha are of her caliber. Sasha is the lesser of two evils (so to speak), so I like her better. If you ask me, Sarah is just a fluke.

S

SkateElectric

SASHA versus sarah

Okay, why is everybody going with Sarah here?? Was the Crest Whitestrips competition like not broadcast in your area? Sasha totally blew Sarah off the map, IMHO. Not even one judge went with Sarah -- and that in the face of a clean and respectable skate from Sarah. No-one is holding up the Olympic champ this year. I don't expect her to win Nat's or Worlds, while Sasha is very likely to sweep both. JMHO.

R

RealtorGal

Re: SASHA versus sarah

<span style="color:navy;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">This thread originated in September before we knew Sarah would miss the GP season and come back overweight and out of shape.</span>:eek: