Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dream Vancouver Podiums

Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    Ladies: don't care
    Men: don't care
    Dance: don't care
    Pairs: Shen and Zhao for gold

No matter what happens at this Olympics, I will cry my eyes out to see Shen and Zhao win Pairs gold. I've watched them since when they first came on the international scene back in early 90s. They were horrible, no lines, stiff as a log, no choreo, just jumps. But look at them now. They have gotten better and better, through all the highs and lows, first in the shadow of the powerful Russian skaters than, ignored during the storm of 2002 pairs judging fiasco, injuries in 2006. Now, they most clearly portray why they skate. They only express sheer joy and love for skating when they skate. This comes from experience money can't buy.
    I totally agree! I want them to win so much!

Custom Title
    Anyone not want Yu-Na Kim on the podium? Seems like pretty much everybody does

Mao says her shot at winning OGM is 80% ...really Mao? Anyone else find Yu-Na's skating so much better than Mao's?

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Anyone not want Yu-Na Kim on the podium? Seems like pretty much everybody does

Mao says her shot at winning OGM is 80% ...really Mao? Anyone else find Yu-Na's skating so much better than Mao's?
    I think that quote was taken out of context. Mao said she was 80% toward reaching her goal (I think it means her preparation rather than her chance of winning). Anyways, either way, will she say she has 50% or lower to the people who expect her to win the thing?

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Apart from Lepisto it could. Miki and Carolina are two of the best skaters that will be there and given Mao's recent struggles and Joannie's inconsistency, switch Lepisto with Kim and that very well could be the podiu,m
    I think all THREE (Ando, Kostner and Lepistö) have the potential to medal IF they skate to their full potential. But at least for Kostner and Lepistö it is a huge if. They've got it all, amazing skating and performance skills, even potential of jumping very well, but their nerves... Sigh. So, my "never gonna happen" was mainly that I seriously doubt that both Laura and Carolina would do well in the same competition :D And I know that for all three of them to actually reach the podium would require at least Asada, Kim and Rochette making errors.

Ladies
    1. Kostner
    2. Korpi
    3. Nagasu or Phaneuf

Men
    1. Lambiel
    2. Abbott
    3. Weir

Pairs
    1. Shen/Zhao
    2. Savchenko/Szolkowy
    3. Kavaguti/Smirnov

Ice Dance
    1. Davis/White
    2. Kerr/Kerr
    3. Virtue/Moir
    Last edited by reynycpr; 01-30-2010 at 05:05 PM.

1. Akiko Suzuki
    2. Yu-Na Kim
    3. Mao Asada

Rinkside

Men
    1. brian
    2. evgeni
    3. chan

Ladies
    1. Yuna
    2. Joannie
    3. Miki

pair
    1. Shen/zao
    2. savchenko / szolkowy
    3. zhang /zhang

Dance

1. virtue /moir
    2. Domniina/ shabalin
    3.davis/ white

Rinkside
    Men:

1. Abott
    2. Takahashi
    3. Joubert

Ladies:

1. Asada
    2. Kim
    3. Ando

Pairs:

1. Shen & Zhao
    2. Kavaguti & Smirnov
    3. Savchenko & Szolkowy

Dance:

1. Virtue & Moir
    2. Kerr & Kerr
    3. Davis & White

Custom Title
    Ladies:

1) Korpi
    2) Kim
    3) Meier

Custom Title
    The men's event is the only one that I'm emotionally invested in enough to cultivate such delusional picks, so:
    1) Lambiel
    2) Abbott
    3) Takahashi

Tripping on the Podium
    I think the Olympic Games have shaped up to be as exciting as ever.
    Asada coming off a win at 4CC, Kostner bounding back at the Euros, Flatt and Nagasu skating wonderfully at the Nationals, Yuna coming down to earth at SA and GPF, Rochette maintaining a superb shape, etc.
    As for men, we have Lambiel, Plushenko, Joubert, the Americans, the Japanese, etc... all in the thick of things.
    Who can ask for more?

My dream podium

Men
    G: Plushenko
    S: Joubert
    B: Abbott

Ladies
    G: Kim
    S: Nagasu
    B: Asada

Now, where can I bet some actual cash?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skate4ever View Post
    I think the Olympic Games have shaped up to be as exciting as ever.

Now, where can I bet some actual cash?
    You sure you want to bet real money? I agree with you that it is going to be really exciting. Except for Pairs, where I am praying for S & Z gold medal for sentimental reasons, I can accept any of the contenders to medal any where. My only wish is that everyone brings their best game and put them down. And then, let the cards fall where they may. But there is always the wild card. You just never know what will happen in Olympic skating. So if I were you I'd keep my cash close when it comes to figure skating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by futureidol View Post
    So far from tallying the dreams our COLLECTIVE dreams for the singles are:

LADIES
    GOLD: Kim
    SILVER: Asada
    BRONZE: Rochette

Kim has near 40 votes overall and the most for both gold and bronze (so I gave bronze to Rochette who had the 2nd most)
    Asada has near 30 votes overall and the most for silver
    Ando, Rochette, and Nagasu have nearly 20 votes each overall

MEN
    GOLD: Lambiel
    SILVER: Takahashi
    BRONZE: Abbott

Lambiel has near 25 votes overall and the most for gold with a dozen
    Abbott equals Lambiel in overall votes, but received the most for bronze
    Joubert surpasses Takahashi in overall votes, but Daisuke had the most for silver
    Plushenko has about 15 overall, Oda and Weir had 10 or so

I find the Men's dream podium votes so far to be very interesting... but this is a DREAM after all!

Keep dreaming!
    What about the Pairs, have you tallied? It seems like S/Z is on everyone's list? Are they not? They are rare sentimental favourite and based on performance/technical/artistry favourite of just about everyone I think.

Custom Title
    usoc has came out with article about who they think will win--men- gold evgeny, silver -evan bronze patrick,
    dance davis and white gold, silver dominin and shablin silver and virtue and moir -bronze, pair-zhen zhou gold, german team 2nd and pang and tong 3rd,women yu-na gold, mao silver and miki third.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    usoc has came out with article about who they think will win--men- gold evgeny, silver -evan bronze patrick,
    dance davis and white gold, silver dominin and shablin silver and virtue and moir -bronze, pair-zhen zhou gold, german team 2nd and pang and tong 3rd,women yu-na gold, mao silver and miki third.
    Wow! That'll be dreadful if it's really like that. Lambiel and Joubert off, but Evan's on?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast