Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 196

Thread: Nightmare Vancouver Podiums

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    339

    Nightmare Vancouver Podiums

    The anti Dream Vancouver Podiums thread.

    Understand that this is not for those easily offended, nor for those who are politically correct. This is just for fun.

    Ice dance

    D/S
    D/S
    K/N

    This would mean no more ice dance at the Olympics

    Pairs

    M/T
    K/S
    S/S

    Down with the establishment.

    Ladies

    Kostner (if that one wins, THERE IS NO GOD)
    Lepisto
    Gedevanishvili

    Because that podium would really be shameful for any respectable international competition.


    Men

    Joubert (champions are not supposed to be big babies who whine when other people do better)
    Plushenko (plain, robotic, ugly)
    Lysacek (the definition of meh)

  2. #2
    Custom Title MikiAndoFan#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,864
    I guess I don't have any nightmare podiums.


  3. #3
    Custom Title MikiAndoFan#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,864
    Oh! Actually, I do, but just for Men and Ice Dance.

    Men
    1. Evan Lysacek
    2. Patrick Chan
    3. Evgeni Plushenko

    Ice Dance
    1. Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir
    2. Oksana Domnina & Maxim Shabalin
    3. Jana Khokholva & Sergei Novitski (it's not her, it's him)
    Last edited by MikiAndoFan#1; 01-25-2010 at 08:44 PM.

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Good question.

    I think my biggest nightmare podiums would be a combination of skaters who I don't care for who still EARNED the podium. It's one thing when you favourite skates well but misses out because they "wuzrobbed." But if they don't earn it, and the result is underwhelming.... well, that just plain sucks. So, in my mind

    Men
    1. Brian Joubert
    2. Evegeni Plushenko
    3. Evan Lysacek

    I've gotta echo BigJohn on this one. This podium would be awful.

    Women
    1. Miki Ando
    2. Rachael Flatt (hey, just cause I defended her in the small pond that is American Nationals doesn't mean I wish she beats my personal favourites).
    3. Gedevanishvili (doesn't matter who really, the top two are extremely disappointing)

    Pairs
    1. V/M
    2. Z/Z
    3. M/T (ditto)

    Any podium that doesn't have Shen/Zhao on top is by it's very nature disappointing, but the above podium, particularly the top two, would make me lose respect for the sport.

    Dance
    1. Domnina/Shabalin
    2. Khoklova/Novitski
    3. Pechalat/Bourzat

  5. #5
    Tripping on the Podium Yschntä's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Men
    1. Brian Joubert
    2. Evegeni Plushenko
    3. Evan Lysacek
    This would be my worst case scenario, too!!

  6. #6
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    I do have my favorites. But it's not necessarily essential who are on the podium. How they win would matter the most. I would be happy if someone medals with (nearly) clean two programs but it would be problematic if it was messy, esp. if someone else who was clean and delightful did not medal.

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Good question.

    I think my biggest nightmare podiums would be a combination of skaters who I don't care for who still EARNED the podium. It's one thing when you favourite skates well but misses out because they "wuzrobbed." But if they don't earn it, and the result is underwhelming.... well, that just plain sucks. So, in my mind

    Men
    1. Brian Joubert
    2. Evegeni Plushenko
    3. Evan Lysacek

    I've gotta echo BigJohn on this one. This podium would be awful.

    Women
    1. Miki Ando
    2. Rachael Flatt (hey, just cause I defended her in the small pond that is American Nationals doesn't mean I wish she beats my personal favourites).
    3. Gedevanishvili (doesn't matter who really, the top two are extremely disappointing)

    Pairs
    1. V/M
    2. Z/Z
    3. M/T (ditto)

    Any podium that doesn't have Shen/Zhao on top is by it's very nature disappointing, but the above podium, particularly the top two, would make me lose respect for the sport.

    Dance
    1. Domnina/Shabalin
    2. Khoklova/Novitski
    3. Pechalat/Bourzat
    Why would Miki Ando winning be nightmare!

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Of all the top tier skaters, gold medal contenders (defined as the five ladies who medalled in the past three Worlds), she's my least favourite.

  9. #9
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    I am stunned by all the Evan hating going on here!
    Anyway..

    Men:
    1.Plushenko
    2. Weir
    3.Chan

    Ladies:
    1.Kim
    2.Kostner
    3. Korpi

    Pairs:
    1. Zhang/Zhang
    2. Pang/ Tong
    3. Shen/Zhao ( love em, but please not ANOTHER bronze).

    Dance:
    1. Domina and Shabalin
    2. Kohlova and Navinsky
    3. Virtue and Moir

  10. #10
    Quad Queen cloudkicker09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    735
    Plushenko, Lysacek, Chan, any podium with them in any order or any circumstances which sees any of them going home with a medal...that is my worst nightmare

    Also merely the idea of Dom/Shab or Khok/Nov going home with a medal makes me sick enough to support the idea of banning ice dancing from the olympics.

  11. #11
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Nightmare Vancouver Podium

    Men
    1. Evgeni Plushenko
    2. Evan Lysacek
    3. Kevin Van Der Perren

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,707
    I actually wouldn't mind Kostner winning the gold because it would be a tremendous performance.

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,560
    My absolute nightmare:

    Men:

    Plushenko and/or Joubert are not on the podium.
    and/or
    Evan Lysacek wins the gold.

    Ladies:

    Rachael Flatt on the podium.

    Dance:

    Virtue/Moir are not on the podium.

    Pairs:

    Shen/Zhao don't win the gold.
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 01-25-2010 at 09:46 PM.

  14. #14
    End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    My absolute nightmare:

    Men:

    Plushenko and/or Joubert are not on the podium.
    and/or
    Evan Lysacek wins the gold.
    .
    Count me in!

  15. #15
    Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    My absolute nightmare:

    Men:

    Plushenko and/or Joubert are not on the podium.
    and/or
    Evan Lysacek wins the gold.
    I second that. An Olympic podium without Plushenko... ah...

    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    Ladies:

    Rachael Flatt on the podium.
    I second this too.
    I'm sorry. I feel nothing for Flatt's skating.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •