Nightmare Vancouver Podiums | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Nightmare Vancouver Podiums

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Plushenko, Lysacek, Chan, any podium with them in any order or any circumstances which sees any of them going home with a medal...that is my worst nightmare

Also merely the idea of Dom/Shab or Khok/Nov going home with a medal makes me sick enough to support the idea of banning ice dancing from the olympics.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
I remembered some. I would hate it if Alena or Rachael medaled. I don't have any for Pairs. Don't know why...

life684

Final Flight
Men : Chan or Lysacek winning the gold medal.

Ladies : Flatt gifted a medal & no gold for Rochette Pls.

ice Dance: D/W & V/M winning the gold. which looks very likely now, Unless french D/S surprise us.

Pairs: Zhangs getting a gold and D/D gifted a medal. Can handle anyone one the top team winning the medal

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'll do ladies. There are many scenarios I can think of:

Any podium with Rochette on the top spot

A podium with Suzuki, Leonova and/or Kostner on it

Ando gifted a medal with an uninspiring performance (cough*NHK)

Last edited:

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Nightmare podiums:

I don't have a nightmare podium for the ladies. I think that says a lot about the field. I think any of the top ten ranked ladies could end up with a medal & I'd be fine with that, so long as their skating on those days makes them worthy. My nightmare would be people winning when they really don't deserve it.

Men:
1. Joubert
2. Weir
3. Plushenko

Pairs:
1. Kavaguti and Smirnov
2. Mukhortova and Trankov
3. Zhangs

Don't hate the Chinese. Just don't want them behind the Russians; the Russiands on top and no medal for Shen & Zhao. That's my nightmare.

Dance
1. Domnina and Shabalin
2. Belbin and Agosto
3. Any of the Italian or French teams

With Virtue/Moir, Davis/White off the podium. I really don't think that'll happen but you just never know when it comes to dance!

louieb2009

Rinkside
MEN:
1. Joubert
2. Plushenko
3. Chan

WOMEN:
1. Kim
2. Asada
3. Rochette

PAIRS:
1. Kavaguti/Smirnov
2. Zhang/Zhang
3. Mukhortova/Trankov

DANCE:
1. Domina/Shabalin
2. Delobel/Schoenfelder
3. Virtue/Moir

Ice&Glass

Rinkside
Men
1. Weir
2. Lysacek or Plushenko
3. Oda... or any podium w/o Lambiel or Takahashi

Ladies
1. Flatt
2. Rochette
3. Any one of *three Finns* Laura Le Pistol, O Susanna, Sha-Kiira! (thanks to skatingpunk for amazing nicknames :rofl:)

Pairs
Any podium w/o Shen/Zhao

Last edited:

miki88

Medalist
Men

1. Weir
2. Plushenko
3. Lysacek

Ladies
1. Flatt -- :)banging:
2. Costner
3. Any other European lady

I am not going to pairs, because I don't pay attention to them much.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Men:
1. Chan
2. Chan
3. Chan

Women:
1. Anyone whose TES + 10 < PCS
2. Anyone whose TES + 10 < PCS
3. Anyone whose TES + 10 < PCS

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
I am stunned by all the Evan hating going on here!

Me too!

I do not want Plushenko to win another gold. Enuff Russian federation corruption crap already!!!!
On the ladies side, I am not happy that Yu Na Kim is the darling of so many and it's considered a fait accompli for her to win the gold. I root for the underdog! Let me also say the 2006 Olympics fizzled, not sizzled, esp. in the Ladies event.

I agree!!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Since Vancouver/Whistler is hosting the Games - We are suppossed to "Own the Podium" (predicted most medal wins). Therefore, you do the math!

Juli®

Rinkside
My nightmare too! Absolutely... :yes::yes:

Men
Lysacek
Takahashi
Oda

Ladies
Rachael Flatt
Mao Asada
Miki Ando

Pairs
Kavaguti/Smirnov
Zhang/Zhang
Shen/Zhao

Ice Dance
Khokhlova/Novitski
Virtue/Moir
Zaretsky/Zaretsky

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Not if the whole thing is a splat fest and her 2009 Worlds is the winning free :eek:

Ant

If the entire ladies' event turns into such as splatfest that 2009 Worlds Carolina-type performance is the "winner", then the IOC should seriously consider refusing to give out any medals to anybody at all. Or hand out medals of aluminum (foil) instead. :p

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Pairs
Kavaguti/Smirnov
Zhang/Zhang
Shen/Zhao

I am flabbergasted. HWHAAAT? Do you not like them? :cry:

If the entire ladies' event turns into such as splatfest that 2009 Worlds Carolina-type performance is the "winner", then the IOC should seriously consider refusing to give out any medals to anybody at all. Or hand out medals of aluminum (foil) instead. :p

ITA, man. ITA.

seniorita

Record Breaker
lol it is hilarious talking about the Evan hate here but then most add Plushenko, Weir and Chan in nightmare podium:laugh:

I used to have a nightmare one, now I dont care, bad energy brings bad energy back and frustration will ruin my Olys. It is in three weeks and I want to be a party. :party2:I just hope it is not a splatfest.

Bennett

Record Breaker

I love that idea. They do that in music competitions and literature prizes. No winner.