Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Nightmare Vancouver Podiums

I gotta add another nightmare: NBC showing a fluff on Johnny Gaga singing to Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" during their broadcast. If you haven't seen it, it's on the nbcolympics.com under videos.

(wait that might possibly happen)

And I agree Wicked... I don't think Brian would take it well if he finishes 4th. But I think it could be a reality.

I gotta add another nightmare: NBC showing a fluff on Johnny Gaga singing to Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" during their broadcast. If you haven't seen it, it's on the nbcolympics.com under videos.
    Ugh! Canadians can't see it!
    Last edited by Sk8n Mama; 02-02-2010 at 06:38 PM.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    I guess we will have to disagree because even though it may have been an early medal it still is the highlight of their career. I look at the Olympics is terms of performances rather than longeveity I guess. Sarah Hughes' look of disbelief and happiness after her long program and then her reaction to winning the gold are some of my favorite Olympic moments - and I'm saying this as a girl who grew up idolizing Michelle Kwan and who bawled at each of ther Olympics.
    Awwww, that is cute.
    I'm with you on this one. The Olympics comes only every four years so and it's not fair or realistic to expect many skaters to go to more than one so that the OGM can be a career achievement. For some skaters, the Olympics comes around when they are only 16 but that may be their best chance to win gold. Who know what will happen four years later??

Oksana Baiul and Tara Lipinski had short competitive careers but when their Olympics came around they were considered favorites for the OGM and they need to go for it right then and there, regardless of their age or how many worlds they had gone too. (And for what it's worth Tara's "upset" is not remotely on the same plane as Sarah Hughes'. Tara was already a national and world champion and she was a very tough rival for Michelle Kwan. Her OGM was not out of the blue at all. True she looked like she was 12 and not 15 but that's a whole different thing )

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama View Post
    Ugh! Canadians can't see it!
    Guess we're even because it sucks not to watch Canadian Nationals on cbc.ca! Just joking!

I'm sure it'll be on YouTube along with "Ain't No Sunshine". I'm surprised he chose that song and not "Poker Face" (ala Cartman from South Park). But for those who wants to see it (and have access to it): http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/[color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color]...+sings+karaoke

Back to nightmares... another possible nightmare (or dream if you're a guy), a wardrobe malfunction for a certain American ice dancer's recent FD dress.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    This is not a podium nightmare, but I'd hate to see Brian finish 4th. I don't think he could handle it. And I shudder to think what the reaction of the French federation would be to that finish.
    Now that is something I'd love too see. Especially if he lands a quad and those ahead of him don't.

That would make my day.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
    Now that is something I'd love too see. Especially if he lands a quad and those ahead of him don't.

That would make my day.
    You think Brian will do something along the lines of the '98 US Olympic Hockey Team and destroy his room in the Olympic Village? I don't think anyone would want to be near to him when he's PO'd.

Custom Title
    Honestly, there are certain skaters I just feel are "better": they have shown more natural talent and conditioning and have better choreographed routines this season. Those are the skater's I'd love to see on the podium. However, as long as the winner is deserving, I'll be happy with whoever is on the podium. That said, I'd really prefer to NOT see:

Men:
    Plushenko or Weir on the podium. I simply cannot take Plushenko seriously with his spins. They are a nightmare in themselves. I don't think I really have to worry about Weir winning, but I just really don't like either of his programs this season and to see one of those programs beat out some of the great ones this season would be somewhat disconcerting.

Pairs:
    While D/D, S/Z, and S/S all have spectacular FSs this season, it's S/Z's time. Period. Any podium without them on top would be sad. One where Z/Z placed ahead of them again would be horrible.

Ladies:
    Kostner or Rochette finishing ahead of Mao and Yuna.

Dance:
    I actually like most of the top teams. I don't think I'll be too crushed whichever way it goes.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    You think Brian will do something along the lines of the '98 US Olympic Hockey Team and destroy his room in the Olympic Village? I don't think anyone would want to be near to him when he's PO'd.
    No, but he'd go on a bigger bitchy tantrum then the one after Buttle won Worlds, and that would be hilarious.

Custom Title
    No, but he'd go on a bigger bitchy tantrum then the one after Buttle won Worlds, and that would be hilarious.
    Did he do anything after 2006 Olympics?:sheesh:

That'll be as scary as Faye Dunaway's performance as Joan Crawford in "Mommy Dearest"! NO MORE WIRE HANGERS, EVER!!!!
    http://www.tvgasm.com/newsgasm/MommieDearest.jpg

Then again I see someone like Plushenko doing that instead if they don't win.

I can see it now... Joubert skates 1st in the final flight, and thought he got it....
    http://p-images.veoh.com/image.out?i...1206295710.jpg

...only to experience a case of deja vu by the end of the night (insert your favorite other than Evan and Patrick)
    http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/2...n?size=620x400

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    It' like in 2006, I was happy that Asada couldn't go to the Olys, because a new skater winning gold would have just been contrary to what the Olympics is about, but this year I'm praying for her to win a medal..
    Where the heck does this rule come from?

Why shouldn't a new skater, if she/he is the best, not be allowed to enter and win the OGM at her/his first try? It's a sport, whoever is the best on that day wins, no matter what age. It's a crying shame Mao and Yuna were not allowed to compete in 2006. They were punished by the rule set up after Tara, who won too early, and she should not have won with her "girly" jumps (no offence to Tara or her fans). But now in order to prevent another Tara, we have a rule that prevents other young skaters, without "girlie" jumps and skating to go to the Olympics. Ironically Tara will be in history books forever as the youngest OGM because under the current rule no one as young as Tara was at the 1998 Olympics could ever enter the Olympics and beat her record. There should be no age limit or newbie limit.
    Last edited by aurora100; 02-03-2010 at 01:58 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    The Olympics is not about the older and accomplished athletes, it is the same opportunity for everyone who can participate.

Nevertheless, i think the rule was to prevent young athletes from exhausting themselves entering in senior level when their body and mind are not matured enough to handle all this, even emotionally. And to prevent their parents & coaches to push them further in order to fullfill their dreams. Otherwise this 13 old russian girl , Elissaveta, could have taken the gold this year. In gymnastics girls used to arrive at 19 feeling completely useless and old, because the system could use the 13 year olds in big competitions.

That'll be as scary as Faye Dunaway's performance as Joan Crawford in "Mommy Dearest"! NO MORE WIRE HANGERS, EVER!!!!...I can see it now... Joubert skates 1st in the final flight, and thought he got it....
    Is this thread created to trash Joubert, Evgeni or whoever we dont like??:frown2: Not funny and it is a turn off.

Even we dont like some skaters, at least there is a funny approach (BoP post), that was very funny.
    Last edited by seniorita; 02-03-2010 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Is this thread created to trash Joubert, Evgeni or whoever we dont like??:frown2: Not funny and it is a turn off.

Even we dont like some skaters, at least there is a funny approach (BoP post), that was very funny.
    But why doesn't it turn you off when Evan and Rachael get trashed? Or is it only NOT funny when your personal favorites get trashed?
    Sorry but what a double standard

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Hmm..Since when is Joubert my personal fav???
    I used an example because it was the last post above mine. I didnt read any sharking comments or mocking pics for Evan and Rachel in this thread except for being on a nightmare podium, maybe I skipped them?
    Read back what I have written concerning nightmare podiums anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Hmm..Since when is Joubert my personal fav???
    I used an example because it was the last post above mine. I didnt read any sharking comments or mocking pics for Evan and Rachel in this thread except for being on a nightmare podium, maybe I skipped them?
    Read back what I have written concerning nightmare podiums anyway.
    Sorry! Just bringing some humor to the whole "will Brian have an epic freak out if he finishes 4th or lower and everyone above him does not have a quad". I do have the utmost respect for Brian and his quads (and for every skater, even though some are not my cup of tea) and if it came across as "trashing" him, sorry. Then again anyone have a Joan Crawford "NO MORE WIRE HANGERS" freak out at the Olympics would be scary.

All I really want is no splatfests and fair judging on all events.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast