Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 194

Thread: Nightmare Vancouver Podiums

  1. #151
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    In the post I used as just an example Joubert was the one mentioned if finished fourth not Plush, but thanx for giving me directions how to behave here.
    I could say "look who's talking"

    Back on topic - what is all this talk about Joubert NOT being able to handle a 4th place finish? Wouldn't that be better than a 6th place finish or an 8th place finish?

    Is he really such a poor sportsman?

    I remember Joubert's disappointing performance at TEB this season and comments young skater Adam Rippon made about Joubert. He said something like "Brian came back and shook his hand and congratulated him on winning his first Sr GP medal."

    Rippon said he thought it was a very nice thing for Joubert to do - and that Joubert's kind gesture meant alot to him and made him very happy.

    I hope Brian skates his best in Vancouver and I supsect no matter what the results are he will handle it with class and good sportsmanship. I like his interviews and never take them too seriously even if they can be fun to talk about.
    Last edited by janetfan; 02-03-2010 at 08:03 AM.

  2. #152
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Back on topic - what is all this talk about Joubert NOT being able to handle a 4th place finish? Wouldn't that be better than a 6th place finish or an 8th place finish?
    Well any interview I saw of people finishing 4rth at the Olympics said it was the worse feeling in the world. Just saying.

    Also, there are many threads I do not like or approve of, and what I do about them is simply ignore them, not read them, and certainly not post in them. I mean come on... Don't be party poopers. Fine if you consider yourself above this thread, but actions (or lack of in this case) speak louder than words .
    Last edited by BigJohn; 02-03-2010 at 06:41 AM.

  3. #153
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
    Well any interview I saw of people finishing 4rth at the Olympics said it was the worse feeling in the world. Just saying.

    Also, there are many threads I do not like or approve of, and what I do about them is simply ignore them, not read them, and certainly not post in them. I mean come on... Don't be party poopers. Fine if you consider yourself above this thread, but actions (or lack of in this case) speak louder than words .
    Fair enough points but it might seem to some there is quite a difference in arguing about the results of a competition as opposed to wishing bad luck to certain skaters or as Buttercup mentioned - trashing them before they have even skated. Last time i checked this thread was not locked and only availbale tor posters who agree with it's premise.

    Maybe you don't agree ot see any difference but I do. I am opinionated and I have my favorites like many here do. But I will not have a "nightmare" if certain skaters win medals in Vancouver.

  4. #154
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,581
    funny janetfan after all the double standar I have we seem to agree, i m quoting myself
    Is this thread created to trash Joubert, Evgeni or whoever we dont like??:frown2:
    and I had just said the same as you. Maybe i dont have as much softisticated english but that was my point. I didnt know I had to make a list of all eligible skaters, I thought whoever covered that.

  5. #155
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,691
    I don't see anything wrong with this thread. Sports fans do this all the time for the major sports- what makes skating any different? That is, if you believe it

  6. #156
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    I know how to make this thread credible. Simply take you dream podium and say that your nightmare podium would be one without said skaters x, y, and z.
    You are always so tricky AJ.

    I get that this topic is mostly for fun and it's OK with me. The plain truth is I don't have a Nightmare podium.
    I am not a big Joubert fan - but I am not against him either. Maybe he needs to medal or not finish 4th - either way I hope he brings his best to Vancouver.

    I don't have a dream podium either - maybe I am lacking in imagination

    I do have a reality podium OK. Does that count

  7. #157
    I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    I gotta add another nightmare: NBC showing a fluff on Johnny Gaga singing to Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" during their broadcast. If you haven't seen it, it's on the nbcolympics.com under videos.

    (wait that might possibly happen)

    And I agree Wicked... I don't think Brian would take it well if he finishes 4th. But I think it could be a reality.
    Oh the more Johnny fluff the better! Pour it on NBC! That clip was adorable BTW. I think all the non-Johnny fans may be a little bit jealous that Johnny gets all the press and publicity. But that's because he has a personality, he's witty, constantly entertaining, true to himself, and he's magnetic, artistic and just all around fabulous. He is a global phenomenon and a superstar. No matter how many golds Evan and Jeremy collect they can never reach the superstar legend status that Johnny is achieving as we speak. And watch out Vancouver he's ready to rock the tassel!

  8. #158
    The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Posts
    1,896
    I don't think that there is anything wrong with saying who you don't want to win. That being said if the mens podium includes Plushenko, Joubert and/or Lambiel I will be very disappointed.

    If Shen/Zhao do not win gold I will probably scream very loudly.

    If Domina and Shablin or Dolebel and Schoenfelder win any medal I will scream very, very loudly.

  9. #159
    Rink Rat i love to skate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,477
    Oh, the thread is all in good fun people! Relax!

    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I think this is an unfortunate thread but it seems to be very popular with GS posters.
    There were many "unfortunate threads" and posts about Rachael Flatt after she won Nationals too. This thread is sunshine and butterflies compared to those posts....
    Last edited by i love to skate; 02-03-2010 at 02:47 PM.

  10. #160
    Custom Title prettykeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    I know how to make this thread credible. Simply take you dream podium and say that your nightmare podium would be one without said skaters x, y, and z.
    Already did that. Page 5.

    Although I didn't list just a "dream podium", I listed other "acceptables" as well.

  11. #161
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,691
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Oh, the thread is all in good fun people! Relax!



    There were many "unfortunate threads" and posts about Rachael Flatt after she won Nationals too. This thread is sunshine and butterflies compared to those posts....
    indeed...

  12. #162
    Always Believed! Sk8n Mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    520
    There were many "unfortunate threads" and posts about Rachael Flatt after she won Nationals too. This thread is sunshine and butterflies compared to those posts....
    I think this thread is okay. Just keep it about their skating and not attacks on their character, and definitely not on the poster's character

    We all have our favourites and our definite non-favourites. I'll admit some people's dream podiums are my nightmares. But, it's all good, because we're all skating fans!

  13. #163
    Comeback Queen! ARipp42014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by futureidol View Post
    Oh the more Johnny fluff the better! Pour it on NBC! That clip was adorable BTW. I think all the non-Johnny fans may be a little bit jealous that Johnny gets all the press and publicity. But that's because he has a personality, he's witty, constantly entertaining, true to himself, and he's magnetic, artistic and just all around fabulous. He is a global phenomenon and a superstar. No matter how many golds Evan and Jeremy collect they can never reach the superstar legend status that Johnny is achieving as we speak. And watch out Vancouver he's ready to rock the tassel!
    Well for those who can't access it on nbcolympics.com, they finally have it on YouTube!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sspYS03QIc

    Not necessary a nightmare podium, but more like a nightmare exhibition... Plushy skates to that Dima Bilan song "Believe" with Bilan and Edvin Marton in person, just like in Eurovision 2008.
    Last edited by ARipp42014; 02-03-2010 at 06:00 PM.

  14. #164
    I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Well for those who can't access it on nbcolympics.com, they finally have it on YouTube!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sspYS03QIc

    Not necessary a nightmare podium, but more like a nightmare exhibition... Plushy skates to that Dima Bilan song "Believe" with Bilan and Edvin Marton in person, just like in Eurovision 2008.
    You're from PA, you love Adam Rippon and you don't like Johnny? How can that be? I personally love them both. They are really good friends! And I see a lot of early Johnny in his skating with a dash of Matt Savoie and Brian Boitano.

    Johnny just tweeted something about getting Stephen Colbert to wear one of his costumes on air. Colbert mentioned Johnny during the Sport Report this week, and how he has a dependency on fabulousness.

    Adam replied to his tweet with: DO ITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!


  15. #165
    Comeback Queen! ARipp42014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by futureidol View Post
    You're from PA, you love Adam Rippon and you don't like Johnny? How can that be? I personally love them both. They are really good friends! And I see a lot of early Johnny in his skating with a dash of Matt Savoie and Brian Boitano.

    Johnny just tweeted something about getting Stephen Colbert to wear one of his costumes on air. Colbert mentioned Johnny during the Sport Report this week, and how he has a dependency on fabulousness.

    Adam replied to his tweet with: DO ITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

    Ah to be blessed and cursed to live between Scranton and Philly.

    I like Johnny... just not in love with him anymore. For me, it's been (American skater wise) Todd then Timothy then Johnny then Evan and now Jeremy & Adam. But while I love his Johnny Gaga persona (since Poker Face I've been calling him that... he's just missing the platinum wig), his singing talents... not as much. Then again I would've love to see Johnny and Evan call it a truce and sing "Ebony & Ivory".

    And I do see Adam as a helping of Johnny, a sprinkle of Jeremy, a dash of Savoie, a serving of Boitano, and spoonful of Eldredge! Now he needs to improve his 3As, possibly work on a quad, and continue to improve as a senior skater and he'll be World Champ in no time!

    Back to Johnny, if Colbert wears Johnny Gaga's "Gaga" outfit... OMG!! Btw, did you seen that YouTube clip of "The Soup" when they mentioned his show? I can't post it here because it's NSFW but he's getting more love from E! than Evan's fashion faux pas.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •