Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Nightmare Vancouver Podiums

Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    Most federations are sleezy, but I'm just really annoyed at how the canadian federation just really annoys me. I don't want the board to get into a whole heated debate about it, because that's not the subject. I'll just say that :
    a) CoP's biggest supporter is Canada
    b) The Canadian federation has been doing loads to ruin Joubert's chances of gold. The whole Kurt Browning thing is wierd and nothing is certain, so I won't comment on that. However at last years worlds, it was strange how Chan had a second rant about Joubert - as if no-one in the federation told him to shut-up. It looks as if his comments suited them. I don't have anything against Chan, he just speaks his mind. It's just funny how somebody from the squeaky-clean Canadian federation was allowed to blow off steam a second time.
    Oh yes, evil, evil, Canada....

whole Kurt Browning thing is wierd and nothing is certain, so I won't comment on that.
    If you read the second part of the interview that fan site http://www.kurtfiles.com did not too long ago, I think it's VERY obvious what is certain. Kurt seemed pretty miffed.

it's not like Kurt's gone out of his way to screw anyone over, quite the opposite. And he's not just Skate Canada's puppet. Who knew the man would become part of a conspiracy

Custom Title
    The worst ever scenario possible would be...

1. Rachel Flatt USA ( Yeah, absolute suicide... )
    2. Clara Peters IRL ( First for her to qualify at least 50 skaters have to get pneumonia or injuries and have to withdraw, and all of the other skaters boots have to go missing and she gets the silver )
    3. Yu-Na Kim/Mao Asada KOR/JPN ( No, I love them, but Mao or Yu-Na losing to these skaters would make me cry and I'll be dead... It'll be an absolute nightmare for them coming third and losing to these skaters, actually to make it worse they get exactly same scores 0.0 ( because they are in hospital ) in SP and some how Yu-Na and Mao manages to step on ice with huge injuries but judges award them 10 points each for the FS, they share the podium with exactly same score... )

I am joking! Don't take this seriously!!PLZZZZ!!

PS. I'm Irish
    Last edited by pokky_oc; 01-31-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by pokky_oc View Post

2. Clara Peters IRL ( First for her to qualify at least 50 skaters have to get pneumonia or injuries and have to withdraw, and all of the other skaters boots have to go missing and she gets the silver )
    3. Yu-Na Kim/Mao Asada KOR/JPN ( No, I love them, but Mao or Yu-Na losing to these skaters would make me cry and I'll be dead... It'll be an absolute nightmare for them coming third and losing to these skaters, actually to make it worse they get exactly same scores 0.0 ( because they are in hospital ) in SP and some how Yu-Na and Mao manages to step on ice with huge injuries but judges award them 10 points each for the FS, they share the podium with exactly same score... )

PS. I'm Irish
    Wow. That's a real nightmare! Never even heard of Clara Peters~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    If you read the second part of the interview that fan site http://www.kurtfiles.com did not too long ago, I think it's VERY obvious what is certain. Kurt seemed pretty miffed.

it's not like Kurt's gone out of his way to screw anyone over, quite the opposite. And he's not just Skate Canada's puppet. Who knew the man would become part of a conspiracy
    Kurt seems like a great guy, that's why I didn't want to comment on that issue, all sorts of rummors have been going around.

Custom Title
    Ladies:

1) Leonova
    2) Sebestyen
    3) Flatt

Kurt seems like a great guy, that's why I didn't want to comment on that issue, all sorts of rummors have been going around.
    he's very cool, down to earth. I was actually surprised to read his candid answer to the question on KurtFiles... I don't think there's any reason not to believe it, either. There was a lack of communication, happens all the time. I'd be annoyed, too.

Down With It
    Can't help but wonder if the skategods are reading these threads and dreaming up a situation which will melt the place down

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Can't help but wonder if the skategods are reading these threads and dreaming up a situation which will melt the place down
    A tie in all disciplines :banging:

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Wow. That's a real nightmare! Never even heard of Clara Peters~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hehe!! Clara's the one and only Irish figure skater with a personal best of 71.15 ( TOTAL SCORE NOT SP )!! I know I wrote the worst ever possible scenario which will never come true lol

My DREAM podium!!

1. Mao Asada/ Yu-Na Kim ( Don't Care really, as long as they're the top 2 )
    2. Mao Asada/ Yu-Na Kim
    3. Akiko Suzuki!! ( River Dance = Irish pride!! Her Sp&LP is awesome!! )

Re-posting my nightmare...

PS. I'm Irish

LOL!!

Down With It
    Seems like most people's "nightmare" situations correlates to my "dream" situation (and vice-versa)...hmm...talk about being in the minority!!

if "she" wins I might have to take an indefinite break from the boards...

You're going to hate this.
    My worst nightmare would be Plushenko and Joubert ON the podium

Custom Title
    Most federations are sleezy, but I'm just really annoyed at how the canadian federation just really annoys me. I don't want the board to get into a whole heated debate about it, because that's not the subject. I'll just say that :
    a) CoP's biggest supporter is Canada
    b) The Canadian federation has been doing loads to ruin Joubert's chances of gold. The whole Kurt Browning thing is wierd and nothing is certain, so I won't comment on that. However at last years worlds, it was strange how Chan had a second rant about Joubert - as if no-one in the federation told him to shut-up. It looks as if his comments suited them. I don't have anything against Chan, he just speaks his mind. It's just funny how somebody from the squeaky-clean Canadian federation was allowed to blow off steam a second time.
    1. True - if you don't like COP, than Canadian Skaters and Skate Canada should be on your hitlist.
    2. Wait a minute. So a teenager shooting his mouth off (which he's done to Plushenko as well, fwiw) is somehow representative of the whole organization? And is contributing to hurting Joubert's chances for Gold? Do you think they sliced his foot as well and voodoo dolled his double axel at worlds last year as well?

If you don't want to trigger debate, maybe saying inflammatory things (which I believe you have) is not the way to go about it. IMO.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    THE worst possible Men's podium would be:

01. Evan Lysacek - he'd be so smug about winning
    02. Evgeni Plushenko - he'd be angry about coming in second to such an inferior skater
    03. Brian Joubert - he'd be angry about finishing below Plushenko yet again

Custom Title
    I'll accept any clean podium, with anybody in any order, but this is my fear.
    Ladies:
    1. Yu Na falls/messes up two or more times, but she has such nice spin and layback positions, she wins anyway.
    2. Mao falls on at least one triple axel, but gets points for trying it and comes in second.
    3. Joannie also messes up visibly, but gets a gift because she's the hometown girl
    4. Rachael skates clean and land triple triples, but comes in 4th because she's "not expressive enough"
    5. Mirai skates clean, but loses her deserved medal because of invisible underrotations and flutzes. Her program is scrutinized for 10 minutes just so they can find something wrong with it.

Men:
    1. Evgeni Plushenko falls and gets a gift
    2. Stephane Lambiel comes out of nowhere and repeats his silver
    3. Patrick Chan comes out of nowhere and is gifted a bronze.

Pairs and Ice Dancers:
    Russians will win both the gold and silvers in both, even though they did nothing memorable on the Grand Prix.
    Davis and White and Belbin and Agosto, who did well on the Grand Prix, get bumped by Virtue and Moir or the French.

I actually think this will happen, it's not just a nightmare.
    As for the men and ladies, if it's in that order and they skate better than those beneath them, that's fine.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast