Nightmare Vancouver Podiums | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Nightmare Vancouver Podiums

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
There were many "unfortunate threads" and posts about Rachael Flatt after she won Nationals too. This thread is sunshine and butterflies compared to those posts....

I think this thread is okay. Just keep it about their skating and not attacks on their character, and definitely not on the poster's character :)

We all have our favourites and our definite non-favourites. I'll admit some people's dream podiums are my nightmares. But, it's all good, because we're all skating fans!:agree:

ARipp42014

Medalist
Oh the more Johnny fluff the better! Pour it on NBC! That clip was adorable BTW. I think all the non-Johnny fans may be a little bit jealous that Johnny gets all the press and publicity. But that's because he has a personality, he's witty, constantly entertaining, true to himself, and he's magnetic, artistic and just all around fabulous. He is a global phenomenon and a superstar. No matter how many golds Evan and Jeremy collect they can never reach the superstar legend status that Johnny is achieving as we speak. And watch out Vancouver he's ready to rock the tassel!

Well for those who can't access it on nbcolympics.com, they finally have it on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sspYS03QIc

Not necessary a nightmare podium, but more like a nightmare exhibition... Plushy skates to that Dima Bilan song "Believe" with Bilan and Edvin Marton in person, just like in Eurovision 2008. :eek:

Last edited:

futureidol

On the Ice
Well for those who can't access it on nbcolympics.com, they finally have it on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sspYS03QIc

Not necessary a nightmare podium, but more like a nightmare exhibition... Plushy skates to that Dima Bilan song "Believe" with Bilan and Edvin Marton in person, just like in Eurovision 2008. :eek:

You're from PA, you love Adam Rippon and you don't like Johnny? How can that be? I personally love them both. They are really good friends! And I see a lot of early Johnny in his skating with a dash of Matt Savoie and Brian Boitano.

Johnny just tweeted something about getting Stephen Colbert to wear one of his costumes on air. Colbert mentioned Johnny during the Sport Report this week, and how he has a dependency on fabulousness.

Adam replied to his tweet with: DO ITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

ARipp42014

Medalist
You're from PA, you love Adam Rippon and you don't like Johnny? How can that be? I personally love them both. They are really good friends! And I see a lot of early Johnny in his skating with a dash of Matt Savoie and Brian Boitano.

Johnny just tweeted something about getting Stephen Colbert to wear one of his costumes on air. Colbert mentioned Johnny during the Sport Report this week, and how he has a dependency on fabulousness.

Adam replied to his tweet with: DO ITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

Ah to be blessed and cursed to live between Scranton and Philly. :unsure:

I like Johnny... just not in love with him anymore. For me, it's been (American skater wise) Todd then Timothy then Johnny then Evan and now Jeremy & Adam. But while I love his Johnny Gaga persona (since Poker Face I've been calling him that... he's just missing the platinum wig), his singing talents... not as much. Then again I would've love to see Johnny and Evan call it a truce and sing "Ebony & Ivory".

And I do see Adam as a helping of Johnny, a sprinkle of Jeremy, a dash of Savoie, a serving of Boitano, and spoonful of Eldredge! Now he needs to improve his 3As, possibly work on a quad, and continue to improve as a senior skater and he'll be World Champ in no time! :agree: :love:

Back to Johnny, if Colbert wears Johnny Gaga's "Gaga" outfit... OMG!! :laugh: Btw, did you seen that YouTube clip of "The Soup" when they mentioned his show? I can't post it here because it's NSFW but he's getting more love from E! than Evan's fashion faux pas.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
You're from PA, you love Adam Rippon and you don't like Johnny? How can that be?

It's a rule now that you have to like the skaters from your state/area? ;) (not that I don't also root for the hometown kids, but still) ;)

futureidol

On the Ice
Back to Johnny, if Colbert wears Johnny Gaga's "Gaga" outfit... OMG!! :laugh: Btw, did you seen that YouTube clip of "The Soup" when they mentioned his show? I can't post it here because it's NSFW but he's getting more love from E! than Evan's fashion faux pas.

Yes! I saw it. I've been watching The Soup since I was in middle school! Joel McHale is awesome, but his joke after the Johnny clip was a little weak. I'm sure Johnny will give him more material to work with in further episodes. When Johnny retires *god forbid* I will put my full support behind Adam.

Kinga

Medalist
If Domina and Shablin or Dolebel and Schoenfelder win any medal I will scream very, very loudly.

Hmmm, how strange - after Torino everyone was screaming loudly about Del/Sch being robbed of the medal. Now it is so many that do not want them to medal... What has changed during these years? I thought that they got even better..

my nightmare podium could be in women the OGM other girl that is not Mao, Yuna or Joannie, and the worst if it is for Rachel.:no:

I really hopes that Racheal medals! She might be not the most interesting skater out there, but she is far from being totally uninspiring... I dont think that her skating is that much worse than Miki's, for example. Seeing all negative opinions about her (which I bet, very often are based on the fact that she is not the prettiest and has a bad posture) really make me want her to medal :D. I think that she is musical and shows sensitivity to the music that she skates to. JMO

Koboldspike

Rinkside
Thanks for posting the vid of a singing Johnny, although I think he should stick to skating, lol! He's even worse than Sandhu... By the way, I could do without Bilan at the Olympic gala myself, although participation of the other two heroes would find my warm welcome, especially when the winner of the gold medal is announced;-)

jennylovskt

Medalist
Oh the more Johnny fluff the better! Pour it on NBC! That clip was adorable BTW. I think all the non-Johnny fans may be a little bit jealous that Johnny gets all the press and publicity. But that's because he has a personality, he's witty, constantly entertaining, true to himself, and he's magnetic, artistic and just all around fabulous. He is a global phenomenon and a superstar. No matter how many golds Evan and Jeremy collect they can never reach the superstar legend status that Johnny is achieving as we speak. And watch out Vancouver he's ready to rock the tassel!

Johnny was very intertaining at 2006 Olympics. But if he does it again this time, I will feel tired of watching. Is that all he got? I won't feel jealous at all. I will feel sorry for him while my favorites are there fighting for something real.;)

seniorita

Record Breaker

:eek:
You almost made me suddenly stop rooting for Plush.
Plushy had a nice exhibition in 2006, so I m sure he wouldnt try this, some journalists asked him also if he wants to repeat the sex bomp there, as it was the first time he launched it in Vancouver 2001, and he said a big fat NO WAY. (thanx god)

futureidol

On the Ice
:eek:
You almost made me suddenly stop rooting for Plush.
Plushy had a nice exhibition in 2006, so I m sure he wouldnt try this, some journalists asked him also if he wants to repeat the sex bomp there, as it was the first time he launched it in Vancouver 2001, and he said a big fat NO WAY. (thanx god)

Exactly, nothing could be worse than "Sex Bomb". But if you're ever having a bad day, it's great for a laugh :laugh:

Oh and as much as I love Johnny fluff, I'm pretty sure he's just as focused at trained as all the other men. His practices have been going great and he's ready this time around to fight and let his skating do the talking. Since expectations for his Olympic placement are so bleak, according to the predictions thread anyway (10th and 11th place, come on now, he got Bronze at the GPF two years in a row and has been pretty consistent this season, he's not going to place that low *knock on wood*), I think he could come out and surprise everyone since the pressure is off his shoulders (of course there's always the pressure he places on himself). This is his last chance and if he does what he's been doing in practice and skates without fear he will do well.

seniorita

Record Breaker
i liked sex bomb back in 2001 and some years after, it was a good surprise after the russian folk exhibitions , but I grew up and so did Plush.
After I saw all euros backstage my ultimate dream is to see Plush skating in gala to Bad Romance.:laugh: This would be better than any dream podium!:love:

ARipp42014

Medalist
i liked sex bomb back in 2001 and some years after, it was a good surprise after the russian folk exhibitions , but I grew up and so did Plush.
After I saw all euros backstage my ultimate dream is to see Plush skating in gala to Bad Romance.:laugh: This would be better than any dream podium!:love:

Actually I do see Johnny changing "Poker Face" to "Bad Romance", in all of its platinum blonde wig, plastic wearing, cat-hat wearing, foot-long heels glory!

But no for Plushy doing "Sex Bomb" ever again! I'll rather take "Believe" (in all of its Eurovision velveeta glory) over that any day, even though I admit I liked it when it came out in 2001. But it would be funny if Plushy did that. He already got the blonde hair and choreography down! :laugh:

Last edited:

schiele

Final Flight
Exactly, nothing could be worse than "Sex Bomb". But if you're ever having a bad day, it's great for a laugh :laugh:

Well although the novelty has worn off a long time ago, I'd still take sex bomb any day over a snoozefest gala with some boring pop song and basic stroking across the ice and two three jumps here and there. That's like watching Titanic 5 times in a row and much worse than sex bomb.. :laugh::laugh: (and no, that description wasn't for Pokerface..)

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Well although the novelty has worn off a long time ago, I'd still take sex bomb any day over a snoozefest gala with some boring pop song and basic stroking across the ice and two three jumps here and there. That's like watching Titanic 5 times in a row and much worse than sex bomb.. :laugh::laugh: (and no, that description wasn't for Pokerface..)

The description accurately fits Vaughn Chipeur's gala skate at Canadian Nats. :(

Fae

Rinkside
My nightmare podium...which unfortunately has a HIGH possibility of coming true. oh noes!

Men:
Plushenko, Evan, Joubert (in any order)

Ladies:
Carolina on the podium, doesn't matter where.

Pairs:
Zhangs, K/S, D/D. Will literally break out in hives.

Dance:
DomShabs, agian, doesn't matter where.

sigrid

On the Ice
My nightmare podium includes a Russian guy... I won't give names, let's call him E. Plushenko... nah, too obvious, OK let's call him just E. P. (I'm a genius :cool: ) who wins gold, and from the highest part of the podium, start screaming "did you see that ISU? transitions are just for %#?!&" While in the rest of the podium, an angry Frenchman and his even more angry mother start arguing with an American who doesn't know that black is not the only colour in the rainbow.

Later in the press conference when the Russian is asked about his choreography he answers "chor...what? sorry, I don't like reading" :unsure: