Four Continents Article | Golden Skate

Four Continents Article

Bennett

Record Breaker
http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?bicode=070000&biid=2010012967208

The content of the video was not the serious one, but the fact that the employee of an officially designated hotel not open to the public did such an action is outrageous.

It seems to me that both the Korean and Japanese Federations addressed the issue in a calm, decent manner. As some skaters are so famous and popular that things can happen, but the Korean Skating Federation seems to have been very sensitive and considerate. As I mentioned in the ladies's SP thread, they have also hired a group of round-the-clock bodyguards for Mao from a big security company. I am sure that nobody in these Federations wants any unfortunate incidents happening before the big event.

The hotel employee, (who used his cell phone to film her), says, "I did not mean any harm/offense. (It was) out ouf curiousity, (she is) so cute/lovely that I filmed her and uploaded only on my homepage. I did not think that the issue will be so big. I deeply apologize," showing remorse.

The hotel says, "It was not on purpose, but obviously a mistake. We will do our best efforts not to repeat the same mistake."

The JSF complained to the organizer of the competition, the Korean Skating Federation, and the hotel and requested thorough investigation.

The head of the organizer of the competition apologizes on 28th, "We will strictly ensure that no such an incident will be repeated."

Ms. Ogawa, vice manager of the reinforcement department at JSF says, "The content of the video is nothing worth making a big fuss. We have not informed Mao of the incident so as not to upset her."

In Japanese
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100128-00000054-scn-kr
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100129-00000017-sanspo-spo

Last edited:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Ms. Ogawa vice manager of the reinforcement department at JSF says, "The content of the video is not worth making a big fuss. We have not informed Mao of the incident so as not to upset her."

If I was her, I think I'd be upset that I wasn't informed.

But these aren't "normal" circumstances, I guess.

Glad that she's safe though. :)

Bennett

Record Breaker
If I was her, I think I'd be upset that I wasn't informed.

But these aren't "normal" circumstances, I guess.

Glad that she's safe though. :)

Ummm, not sure. For example, if she follows everything that's going on on the web, she would be very disturbed. It may be better not to know. This employee sounds very innocent in his intention, but still violated an important work ethics for people who work in a hotel. If she cannot trust those people and cannot relax at a space that's supposed to be private, she cannot lead any normal life. The people around her, including the Korean Skating Federation, were doing their best to protect her so that she could focus. I agree with you that I am glad that she was safe. If this guy was a bad person, he could have filmed her room number.

Last edited: