7 Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG CHN
    8 Madison HUBBELL / Keiffer HUBBELL USA
    9 Madison CHOCK / Greg ZUERLEIN USA

Warm-Up Group 4
    10 Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG CHN
    11 Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL CAN
    12 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    O'Brien and Merriman are here! They will be doing their authentic Aborigine OD, then. I hope there will be TV or streaming coverage of this.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Definitely Bold will have it . Also streaming on cbcsports.ca ..isn't this last available to those in US ?

Should have said ,9:20 EST ,6:20 PT
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 01-26-2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Adding on

Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Definitely Bold will have it . Also streaming on cbcsports.ca ..isn't this last available to those in US ?

Should have said ,9:20 EST ,6:20 PT
    What is "bold?" Is that a website?

Bold is a 'specialty' TV channel of the CBC. Here in Canada, it costs me $2.50 a month from my cable supplier..the coverage is exactly the same as on the livestream. Insightful and non_distracting commentary from PJ Kwong on both.

Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Bold is a 'specialty' TV channel of the CBC. Here in Canada, it costs me $2.50 a month from my cable supplier..the coverage is exactly the same as on the livestream. Insightful and non_distracting commentary from PJ Kwong on both.
    Oh is the stream on the CBC website geoblocked?

I don't know for sure..it seems to me that during our nationals ,someone from the States posted that they could get it..Hope you can. You have to register, but it's free.

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Coverage on CBCSports has started... first group is warming up now. I will do a PbP.
    Last edited by n_halifax; 01-26-2010 at 09:22 PM.

Summersett/Gilles from the U.S. are the first - him in black, her in black and silver... coached by Angelika Krylova... his sister is Alexe Gilles. Good unison and expression of the music. Definitely a good start to the competition. 25.26, new season's best.

Rinkside
    I'm unable to receive coverage from CBC Sports. Is there another way of viewing live coverage from Four Continents? :(

Bruhns/Lavrik of Mexico are the second team to skate... coached by Matthew Gates (former U.S. medallist). First international event as a team. Unison problems right from the get go. Not a lot of expression whatsoever. Nice qualities to their skating but definitely lacking in unison throughout the dance. They live and train in the U.S. - she is originally from Mexico, him the Ukraine. 17.71 (new Seasons Best obviously), a distant second place.
    Last edited by n_halifax; 01-26-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Next up are McCurdy and Coreno of Canada (he's in a white tux jacket, her in red) - 5th at Canadian Nationals, coached by Shpilband and Zueva. Great unison, some good edges and lots of speed but a good deal of distance between them at times. Good expression of the character of the Tango Romantica. I'm predicting 1st place so far but it will be close between them and the Americans... 29.89, new Seasons Best and 1st place.

After group one:

1. McCurdy/Coreno
    2. Summersett/Gilles
    3. Bruhns/Lavrik

Next group is on the ice - both Australian teams and a Chinese team debuting at the Four Continents.
    Last edited by n_halifax; 01-26-2010 at 09:40 PM.

The husband/wife team of Maria and Evgeni Borounov (2007 Australian Champions) are looking very tense on the warmup. Let's hope their dance goes better.

The second group kicks off with O'Brien and Merriman - the team much talked about recently as they are "the other team doing the aboriginal OD". They are the 3 time and reigning Australian senior Ice Dancing champions. He's in black, she's in a very pretty orangeish and black short dress. A few issues with timing in the first pattern. In the second pattern, timing improved but at parts the holds were a little off. The commentator twice commented on their great improvement over last season. 21.12, 3rd place.
    Last edited by n_halifax; 01-26-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Fifth to skate are Xueting Guan and Meng Wang representing China. 14th place at Junior Worlds last season. This is their debut at 4CCs and they placed 8th and 10th at their two JGP assignments this season. Stumble right out of the starting gate. Speed isn't too bad, the precision is another matter entirely. The unison was at times relatively good, at others not at all. Her carriage is an issue and this will reflect in the first and second marks. He is a much stronger skater than her IMO in terms of edges and upper body. 21.64, surprisingly ahead of the Mexicans and Australians - and 3rd place. It was certainly based on speed - not accuracy.
    Last edited by n_halifax; 01-26-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Australia's Maria and Evgeni Borounov round out this group. They coach and choreograph themselves. Transitions and holds left a little to be desired, not a great deal of depth to the edges and footwork was a little iffy at times. Absolutely no expression of the music really whatsoever. :(

Unfortunately, I'm not expecting big marks for this performance but then again, I expected the Chinese team who just skated to finish well below O'Brien and Merriman. 17.22, last place. At least I called this one!

Standings so far:

1. Hann-McCurdy/Coreno (CAN)
    2. Summersett/Gilles (USA)
    3. Guan/Wang (CHN)
    4. O'Brien/Merriman (AUS)
    5. Bruhns/Lavrik (MEX)
    6. Borounov/Borounov (AUS)
    Last edited by n_halifax; 01-26-2010 at 10:01 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast