Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pairs Short Program

Custom Title

Dong/Wu CHN - Four Continents - SP

First time for me seeing them. They train in Beijing with the famous Shen/Zhao coach, forget his name for now. Nice burgundy costume. Basic classical/almost elevator music. Beautiful opening twist as Chinese pairs know how to do, problem with SBS triple toe, wonky throw but successful triple loop, good height. Nice lift, good coverage, nice back outside death spiral, straight leg. Nice unison in SBS spins, nice line,loses unison at the end and loses speed, pretty basic straight line step sequence, losing speed, nice unison, PJ is so nice she only says nice things. They have all the basic skating skills, clean line throughout. She looks quite young close up. Score 28.06/19.96 48.02 total

Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Ouch. Hmm, it will be interesting to see how the American skaters get through this competition... Nationals were only a few days ago (especially for the dance teams/ladies). Not much time to get ready for this one!
    Which is why I was trying to figure out why on earth US Figure Skating would split their Sr events up the way they did. I feel so bad for the entire team, but especially the Ladies and Dancers.

They sure did a disservice to their skaters when talking about how to prepare to compete at 4CC this year and a shame too.

Custom Title

yankowskas/coughlin (US) Four Continents 2010

Piano Sonata #16 by Mozart, ranked 6th in US, she in a pink dress, he in black shirt and pants. nice throw triple lutz twist to open, nice height, long prep into successful triple throw sal, SBS triple toe loop, successful, she fought for the landing, john has good speed in the lift, she has a nice air position, really straight beautifully stretched out legs, nice, slightly out of sinc in SBS spins, in and out of sinc PJ says, back outside death spiral holding one leg, nice pair comb spin to end , a nice program. They seem happy with the skate. Skating together since 2007 Score is 33.46/22.64 56/10 total Season's Best. They are smiling.

Custom Title

Coming up Group 3 - Pairs Short - Four Continents 2010

Warm-Up Group 3
    6 Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG CHN
    7 Meagan DUHAMEL / Craig BUNTIN CAN
    8 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Mervin TRAN JPN

This should be exciting. Duhamel and Buntin missed the Olympic Team by a sliver, less than one point at Canadian Nationals. Hope they enjoy this performance.

Custom Title
    Great to hear that Caitlin & John skated well! Go Megan & Craig!! Keauna & Rockne!!

ETA- Thanks for the PBP aurora100

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    Piano Sonata #16 by Mozart, ranked 6th in US, she in a pink dress, he in black shirt and pants. nice throw triple lutz twist to open, nice height, long prep into successful triple throw sal, SBS triple toe loop, successful, she fought for the landing, john has good speed in the lift, she has a nice air position, really straight beautifully stretched out legs, nice, slightly out of sinc in SBS spins, in and out of sinc PJ says, back outside death spiral holding one leg, nice pair comb spin to end , a nice program. They seem happy with the skate. Skating together since 2007 Score is 33.46/22.64 56/10 total Season's Best. They are smiling.
    Opting for the easier throw 3S has really worked for them... They seem pretty consistent in the short.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Which is why I was trying to figure out why on earth US Figure Skating would split their Sr events up the way they did. I feel so bad for the entire team, but especially the Ladies and Dancers.
    how many times does it need repeating - they split it up because NBC asked them to.

Custom Title

Next three pairs warming up

CBC/BOLD just replayed two remaining Canadian Teams performance at the Canadian National.

I just found out out BOLD is going to air 6 hours of women's short from 12:30 am to 6:30 am (MST), which is two hours behind EST. It is now 10:35 pm. And Mao and other top skaters are going to be in the last group. No way I can stay up for this. I will have to wake up early and watch them. so no PBP for women's short.

Custom Title
    http://www.freeetv.com/mod.php?Video...tch-id-109-d-1

Try this Korean stream.

Zhangs just finished. New program a heck of a sight better than Sing Sing Sing.

Custom Title

Zhang and Zhang CHN - Pairs SP Four Continents 2010

Four time world medalist, silver last two, Russian like black and white costume, "Piano fantasy", unbelievable height in opening triple twist, huge throw triple loop, SBS triple sal, she touches down on landing, a nice comb spin,a bit slow, he has nice speed through the lift with a nice position, beautiful variations, nice SBS spin, pretty good unison, fairly lively step sequence, nice back outside death spiral to finish the program with one leg hold, "wonder energy, great expression" Nice interpretation of usic, PJ says. There is hardly any crowd so no great applause at the end of any performance, wonder how that affects the skaters, may be it makes them less nervous.
    PJ questioning whether her jump was under-rotated. The score is 37.70/28.16 65.86 total. He has a puzzled look. They are in commanding lead.

I found a link to a SBS broadcast:

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm?http://w...nnels/8000.htm

Good luck.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    http://www.freeetv.com/mod.php?Video...tch-id-109-d-1

Try this Korean stream.

Zhangs just finished. New program a heck of a sight better than Sing Sing Sing.
    It works! THANKS! Meagan and Craig looked pretty good until they had a big fall on the throw triple loop. I feel really bad for them that they missed out on the Olympic team. :(

Custom Title

Duhamel and Buntin CAN Pairs SP - Four Continents

skating to instrumental Hotel California, beautiful height in triple twist PJ says looked double to me, (PJ is so nice and she must be right), SBS triple toes, landed, he had to fight for the landing, nice SBS spin, PJ likes the musicality of the team in step sequence, back outside death spiral, she keeps the leg straight out, nice position PJ says, she goes low to the ice, nice variations in the long distance list, they are smiling. her landing foot crumbles, she lands on her back in the throw, she must be hurt, she got up right away though, he threw her really hard and far it looked to me. She doesn't look hurt just mad for missing her throw. The score is 32.86/25.04 -1 56.90 total. Currently 2nd. They are smiling

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    skating to instrumental Hotel California, beautiful height in triple twist PJ says looked double to me, (PJ is so nice and she must be right)
    Their twist is definitely a double.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast