Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 182

Thread: Ladies Short Program

  1. #61
    Custom Title Morning Glory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in the Lavender Garden
    Posts
    455
    Good job, Haruka

  2. #62
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    But I thought she had gained speed by the time of Natls? Did she skate tentatively? That's unexpected. This is a second-tier competition. She should've skated with conviction and confidence.
    It looks like she hasn't gotten enough momentum by this time she used to before. She looked so confident and secure at the interview with the press. But anything can happen to Mao, so..

  3. #63
    Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by liketotally View Post
    Caroline got 55.10 - TES 29.94 (downgrades?) and PCS 25.16. I didn't really get to see the skate because the feed was pretty jerky, but it seemed better than she'd skated all season.
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Did she have a clean skate (meaning no falls) or did she get dinged on UR?
    I guess she had no falls, as liketotally is suspecting downgrades and thinks Caro Z "seemed better than she'd skated all season." Probably UR.

  4. #64
    Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Did she have a clean skate (meaning no falls) or did she get dinged on UR?
    Yes, she had a clean skate. 3F-2T, 3L and 2A.
    I think she got cought on UR as usual. But it's not confirmed yet. Her TES is very low and she had usual disagreement look at K&C...I wonder how she is still coping..

  5. #65
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,120
    Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    I guess she had no falls, as liketotally is suspecting downgrades and thinks Caro Z "seemed better than she'd skated all season." Probably UR.
    Thank you. Seems much better than she did at her Nationals where she placed I believe 11th after the short program, fourth is an improvement.

  6. #66
    Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Thank you. Seems much better than she did at her Nationals where she placed I believe 11th after the short program, fourth is an improvement.
    It's a very weak field and Caroline should have been higher than 4th.

  7. #67
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Elizabeth View Post
    Yes, she had a clean skate. 3F-2T, 3L and 2A.
    I think she got cought on UR as usual. But it's not confirmed yet. Her TES is very low and she had usual disagreement look at K&C...I wonder how she is still coping..
    Thank you. Yeah she has had that look all season. Poor thing.

    Congrats to the top three SP finishers.

  8. #68
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Elizabeth View Post
    It's a very weak field and Caroline should have been higher than 4th.
    Because of the way she skated today or what she is capable of. Caroline's tech has really been her downfall this season plus her injuries.

  9. #69
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    104
    Doesn't seem like Mao has completely recomposed herself yet..

  10. #70
    Whippet Good!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    674
    In this week field, Mao should've blown them away. I'm shocked at her score.

  11. #71
    Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Because of the way she skated today or what she is capable of. Caroline's tech has really been her downfall this season plus her injuries.
    Well, she did 3 F and 3L and Dobbs did 3T and 3S. Even with not perfect technic Caroline's jump content should count more..And just compare spins and spirals of these two...very strange. But I don't know who to blame for that...

  12. #72
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    What happened to Mao? Popping a solo flip is uncharacteristic of her.

    I haven't watched the performance. But I read elsewhere that Suzuki struggled with Lo in her practices because she changed the entrance to make it more difficult.

  13. #73
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Elizabeth View Post
    Well, she did 3 F and 3L and Dobbs did 3T and 3S. Even with not perfect technic Caroline's jump content should count more..And just compare spins and spirals of these two...very strange. But I don't know who to blame for that...
    Thanks. It does seem strange. I will have to check out the protocols.

  14. #74
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Is it just me, or were the performances here far worse than those of the often-maligned Euros ladies? I mean, I know it's an Olympic year so half the field is elsewhere - but seriously, this is just sad.
    I agree it's worse, but given that it's basically a B-competition this year, I wouldn't have the highest expectations.

  15. #75
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    beijing
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    What happened to Mao? Popping a solo flip is uncharacteristic of her.
    Yuna-bots put hex on Mao maybe?!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •