Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short Program

Surprising results, ive never even heard of Dobbs.Certainly does not sound like very good skates by many of the top competitors. I think its unfortunate Mao had to compete at this event with TT in the hospital, and after coming off such a strong skate at nationals.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Yuna-bots put hex on Mao maybe?!
    haha another conspiracy theory in the making?!

No, she should be fine. The Korean Skating Federation has hired a group of around-the-clock bodyguards from a big Korean security company to ensure her security.
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/10...0506003-n2.htm

Custom Title
    I'm not really surprised at Dobb's good showing-- she has impressively solid technique, just needs to work on her freeskate endurance and consistency. I still think there's something remarkably similar in the way she skates-- her figure/lines, speed and her jumps-- to Kwan. Artistry/expression/interpretation aside, of course. And I haven't really found that deja vu-ness with any other of the current ladies.

According to the Japanese media, Akiko got level 4 for all the spins, spiral, and step. Mao got the time deduction.

Custom Title
    Shaba22, thanks so much for these links. I now know that I can get the CCTV5 feed - now, can you tell us exactly when, in American Eastern Time, is the long program feed?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    According to the Japanese media, Akiko got level 4 for all the spins, spiral, and step.
    Level 4 on steps? Wow!

I hope she goes back to the simpler entrance to the Loop. Landing it is 200% more important than possibly getting a slightly higher GOE.

Custom Title
    According to the Japanese media, Akiko got level 4 for all the spins, spiral, and step. Mao got the time deduction.
    Akiko score is pretty good, given she poped the 3Lo. She normally get a +GOE on her 3Lo (probably her best jump) and if she skate it clean, she can get 64-65 range.
    Mao, just makes me nervous and you have to wonder will she be able to composed herself together by Olympics, with all the pressure and the whole world watching her.

Rinkside
    Are you out of your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Level 4 on steps? Wow!
    She has changed the move of upper body in order to get Level 4, and actually she got

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000608-san-spo

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I hope she goes back to the simpler entrance to the Loop. Landing it is 200% more important than possibly getting a slightly higher GOE.
    Agree with you.

Well, if anyone deserves level 4 on the step sequence, it is Suzuki. Great news that they gave her level 4.

Whippet Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Akiko score is pretty good, given she poped the 3Lo. She normally get a +GOE on her 3Lo (probably her best jump) and if she skate it clean, she can get 64-65 range.
    Mao, just makes me nervous and you have to wonder will she be able to composed herself together by Olympics, with all the pressure and the whole world watching her.
    If she can't pull it together for a weak competition like this, then it's very doubtful she can pull it together for a pressure cooker like the Olympics. You never know, though, anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage View Post
    Are you out of your mind?
    I think it was a joke.

I've found only Mao's SP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxhtSNrMQWc

Add: Min-Jung Kwak, the TES winner, SP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5GvNVLrhQU
    Last edited by Morning Glory; 01-27-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks for the link to Mao's SP. I'm surprised that she got a time penalty... it looks like she stopped in time to me. In the slow motion, you can see the UR in the 3A very clearly. Come on Mao, do better in the FS!

I've found only Mao's SP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxhtSNrMQWc

Add: Min-Jung Kwak, the TES winner, SP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5GvNVLrhQU
    Mao's 3A looks URed. Actually many of her 3As in the practice video look like that. Did she two-foot as well here?

I don't quite get why she got the time deduction though. She finished exactly on the timing whe the music stopped. Could it be due to the delay in Youtube video and was it delayed in the real time? Her practice Youtube video also seems to have had exactly the same timing.

ETA: I feel that she really needs a jump coach. It is too hard to check UR by yourself. What she did here (the 3A) seems to me to be the same as her practice video. She also says in the interviews that her 3A is going well and that she was able to excute her 3A in the same way as her practices.
    Time deduction should not happen, either. It is not that she fell or anything. Popping a jump should not result in not being able to finish performing in time.
    These seem to be a warning sign of her practices of not having someone who could check.
    When she attended the worlds coachless in 2008 (when she won anyway), the level of her spirals was low for not holding long enough. This also could have been prevented with a coach checking your practices.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000501-san-spo
    Last edited by Bennett; 01-27-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast