Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short Program

Down With It
    After the high for me that was the Nationals, 4CCs feels so anticlimactic...

Anyway, I'm surprised Asada isn't leading this field. But then again she's never been a short program skater. The freeskate is where she can blow everyone away. That is, if she can get over her struggles.

This Akiko Suzuki- this could be her time. A dark horse in Vancouver perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    I'm surprised that she got a time penalty... it looks like she stopped in time to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't quite get why she got the time deduction though. She finished exactly on the timing whe the music stopped. Could it be due to the delay in Youtube video and was it delayed in the real time? Her practice Youtube video also seems to have had exactly the same timing.
    Her music is arranged within 2:53" from the begining. The judge starts counting from when Mao starts moving. At the begining of the program, Mao keeps posing for a second even after the music starts, so she is usually able to finish the program within 2:50". But this time, she started moving a little faster than usual. That's why she got the time penaltiy even though she finished the program on the timing when the music stopped.

I've borrowed the Japanese media's explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    Her music is arranged within 2:53" from the begining. The judge starts counting from when Mao starts moving. At the begining of the program, Mao keeps posing for a second even after the music starts, so she is usually able to finish the program within 2:50". But this time, she started moving a little faster than usual. That's why she got the time penaltiy even though she finished the program on the timing when the music stopped.

I've borrowed the Japanese media's explanation
    Isn't it such a strategic mistake? That means that she has to stay still for as long as three seconds (or perhaps four or five seconds to make sure)??? I'd think they should edit the music so that this won't happen again.

Results page

[url]http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc2010/SEG003.HTM[/url]

I wish Akiko had gotten better PCS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I think it was a joke.
    Tesla gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage View Post
    Are you out of your mind?
    You apparently don't.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    awww poor Mao. This was supposed to be her triumph after all that training to prove that she was ready to challange Yu-na. She was supposed to be ahead by 10 points at this stage.

I think she will be even lucky to get a medal at the Olympics at this rate. I feel so bad for her. This is just so sad.

:(

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    awww poor Mao. This was supposed to be her triumph after all that training to prove that she was ready to challange Yu-na. She was supposed to be ahead by 10 points at this stage.

I think she will be even lucky to get a medal at the Olympics at this rate. I feel so bad for her. This is just so sad.

Don't worry. Look at her TES and PCS. Her TES is in 7th place but her PCS is in 1st place. For LP, scores are doubled. So, she will win finally unless she does as poorly as she did in SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Well, if anyone deserves level 4 on the step sequence, it is Suzuki. Great news that they gave her level 4.
    I agree and happy to hear Akiko is being recognized for her wonderful steps.

Custom Title
    If TAT were there with Mao, would the result be different?

Custom Title
    Remember Shizuka and Miki!
    the OGM for both of them are not good,but the second one are alot better.
    Of course i really want her to win the title. But I'm sure that first OGM for the top Jpanese skaters at the time are terrible. So if Mao doesn't do her best in Vancouver,I won't be feeling so sad.
    I hope she will look into herself insted of feeling sad after OGM. She has so much talent but she didn't shine now.That's because her training is something wrong,I think.
    Then she should look for new coach,who knows what is her strongest points and how gets higher scores. By the way i think Rafael is best for her coach.
    Mao shone when she was with him!
    After find a new coach,she and the person should have a long talk about her vision for 2014 Olimpic. Mao would follow this,she will be one of top skaters!
    I HOPE THIS WILL BE REAL

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    If TAT were there with Mao, would the result be different?
    She looked not so good overall--3 axel downgraded, 3f popped, and 2 axel good. But, her TES (30.10) this time was her season best. So, I think she received not bad TES score in SP. In terms of PCS, who knows that TAT could have helped for her better PCS

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    I'm not really surprised at Dobb's good showing-- she has impressively solid technique, just needs to work on her freeskate endurance and consistency. I still think there's something remarkably similar in the way she skates-- her figure/lines, speed and her jumps-- to Kwan. Artistry/expression/interpretation aside, of course. And I haven't really found that deja vu-ness with any other of the current ladies.
    For me Dobbs isnt exactly Kwan-like, more like Laura Lepisto and the rest of the Finns. Good at what they can do, beautiful to watch, but do not have difficult jump content.

Overall, i'm kinda disappointed. I hoped Mao would dominate the competition in preparation for the olympics. oh well.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by so_proud View Post
    Don't worry. Look at her TES and PCS. Her TES is in 7th place but her PCS is in 1st place. For LP, scores are doubled. So, she will win finally unless she does as poorly as she did in SP.
    She win here yes. But nobody really cares about winning 4CC, certainly not a skater of Mao's status. The real problem is that unless the ladies short in vancouver is a splatfest, a SP like that from Mao will put her pretty much out of medal contention considering her less than spectaular history concerning the LP this season.

Custom Title
    1 Akiko SUZUKI JPN 58.88
    2 Amanda DOBBS USA 57.56
    3 Mao ASADA JPN 57.22
    4 Caroline ZHANG USA 55.10
    5 Haruka IMAI JPN 55.06
    6 Amelie LACOSTE CAN 54.46
    7 Min-Jung KWAK KOR 53.68
    8 Myriane SAMSON CAN 51.60
    9 Alexe GILLES USA 48.90
    10 Diane SZMIETT CAN 48.82
    11 Anastasia GIMAZETDINOVA UZB 46.88
    12 Yan LIU CHN 46.60
    13 Na-Young KIM KOR 44.94
    14 Chae-Hwa KIM KOR 41.34
    15 Cheltzie LEE AUS 40.06
    16 Crystal KIANG TPE 36.18
    17 Ana Cecilia CANTU MEX 35.62
    18 Lauren KO PHI 35.22
    19 Lejeanne MARAIS RSA 34.32
    20 Melinda WANG TPE 33.82

Custom Title
    For some reason I wasn't aware that 4CC was this weekend. Do you mean to tell me that the American skaters had to fly straight to wherever and compete again within days? No wonder many of them were so reluctant to go!

I haven't had time to read all the posts, but it certainly doesn't look good for Mao. This distresses me without even knowing the details. She's such a wonderful skater that I always wish for her to do a spectacular job even if I'm rooting for someone else. Oh, dear...what a year she's been having.

But there's Dobbs in second and Caroline in fourth! Capital!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast