Katia interview | Golden Skate

Katia interview

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Nice article. I find it interesting when Katia talks about the importance of group classes, and of how sad it is that in the US the parents think that a 45 minute private lesson is better.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
"He didn't leave by himself. His contract has ended. About at that same time Alexei Yagudin was invited and for the owners it was not profitable to have two Russian Olympic champions in the same discipline. For the same reason, as I know, Tara Lipinsky left the show."

Can someone explain this quote to me? It seems to confirm the rumors that Hughes was negotiating to join the cast, but her Dad bothched the job.

dizzydi

On the Ice
Katia's Interview

How interesting! I was under the impression that Tara Lipinski left Stars on Ice because of injury.

If Sarah's dad was negotiating with SOI, it must have been only for special appearances. I can't imagine that Sarah was considering doing the whole tour. How then could she attend Yale?

Perhaps Katia is misinformed. Just because she claims Ilia's position with SOI was undermined doesn't mean it's fact.

What do you think or know?

Dizzy

Re: Katia's Interview

dizzydi said:
What do you think or know?
Well said, Dizzydi. Plus, as I read it at least part of the article was translated, if not all.

Anyway, VERY interesting article. Whether translated or not, Katia seemed very candid, which I love to see in interviews.

Here's wishing Katia and Ilia a boy in the future:love: :love:
Rgirl

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
RGirl, I looked at the original interview. The transaltion of this sentence is very exact.