S: Savchenko/Szolkowy
    B: Kavaguti/Smirnov

Dance:
    G: Virtue/Moir
    S: Davis/White
    B: Delobel/Schoenfelder

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post

Judges are stricter, but Kim's in the mid-70s Exactly why my money's on Kim Yu-na has uncharacteristically faltered this season, but I would say that's the exception, rather than the rule. She tends to be very strong after a long hiatus from international competition because she's able to purge all of her little devils in that time and gain a calm of mind. Expect to see two masterful performances front and back.

My dream podium is (1) Kim (2) Asada (3) Rochette or Miki, but after the 4CC SP and the Canadian Nationals, I have doubts about (2) and (3). Joannie, when she's on, she's ON. CONFLAGRATION ON! Although her performances are not my cup of tea, she definitely knows how to get the crowd hollering for more...and we cannot deny that the Games are behind held in Canada

My predicted scenarios for SP are exactly the same as pokky_oc. The LPs are close, with the exception that I think Kim will falter not on the flip, but one of the jumps further into the program (like the 3S at 2009 worlds). She has poor stamina. I also think Joannie will deliver a clean SP, but not a clean LP. She skates exceptionally at Nationals, true, but she has been known to falter on the bigger, international stage. So which Joannie will skate that night? The Nationals Joannie or the Worlds Joannie? I think the latter. The pressure's simply staggering. But I still think Joannie will do more than enough to win silver.

Mao I don't know what to expect from her now. She's been on such a ride this season. I expected her to gain momentum after Nationals, but that 4CC SP Her Olympic PCS is another worry. The judges are indeed subjective and consider reputation and recent performances when giving PCS. I don't know how that bodes for Mao... She was supposed to dominate 4CC with her clearly superior skating and that 3A that has returned.. But of course there is the LP. I might be jumping to hasty conclusions. The SP is just the SP, and that has never been Mao's stronghold. I hope I return to change my predictions soon.

Sorry for the rant
    My predictions are
    Ladies
    1. Kim
    2. Rochette
    3. Asada

Men
    1. Plushenko
    2. Abbott
    3. Chan

Pairs
    1. Shen/Zhao
    2. Savchenko/Szolkowy
    3. Not sure
    Haha!! Yeah!! Probably!! Mao just skated a strong free skate at the four continets, her program components were low... too low... but if she get 60-63 in her PCS she just might get the gold if she's not too behind in the short!! Yu-Na?? I think she could win the gold but when was the last time the favorite won?? Miki could win, Joannie could win and others too but I just think, it's anyone's gold!! And I do agree with Joannie might not skate her best free skate, too much pressure I think! I hope program componets will be fair for the Olympics!!! It'll be really unfair to give Yu-Na 70+ PCS and give Akiko 52 with around same technical score... That's just an example what I don't want seeing!! I am so excited though!!

Go YU-NA!! MAO! MIKI! JOANNIE! MIRAI! LAURA!!
    Last edited by pokky_oc; 01-29-2010 at 12:12 PM.

Custom Title
    If Miki and Akiko are both clean I highly doubt Akiko will beat her, not because she isn't good enough but because her PCS are always so low. Joannie also has high bomb potential, and if Carolina were to have an on night, she could easily be on the podium. Even Lepisto, if she could land, say 5 triples in the FS, her scores would be HUGE, considering the scores she's been getting for FS with 1, 2 and 3 triples recently.

Women

1) Miki
    2) Yu-Na
    3) Mao

I know, it seems crzay, but in he womens' event the favourite's haven't won in ages.

Men

God this is tough. The most obvious contenders are European, but lets be honest, there's little chance that an Olympic podium will be 100% European.

1) Plushenko
    2) Joubert
    3) Lysacek
    4) Lambiel

The thing is, I honestly don't have a clue who will win gold (I don't even have a guttsy feeling). Brian will medal, I don't know what colour though. A North American skater will probably be on there, most likely Evan. I put Plush randomly on there - like I said I haven't got a clue who's gonna win. I think he should get bronze though, so he can have one of each!

Ice Dancing

This is the toughest

1) Dom/Shabs (awful, I know. They're not worth all that, and many other skaters are far mush better, but seeing their scores so far...)
    2) Del/Schoen
    3) D/W
    4) V/M
    5) B/A

To be honest any of the 5 could be in any position.

Pairs

1) S/Z
    2) P/T
    3) S/S

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Wow, a lot of people are betting on Flatt more. Well, it's become pretty unpredictable with Joannie, Miki, Mao and Carolina having such spotty seasons. Yuna and Flatt have really been the only reliable ones, I'll give you that.

Mirai and Akiko have been fairly consistent but they suffer from technical glitches and don't have that much international experience.

Hmmmm......

Here goes:

1. Kim
    2. Mao
    3 Akiko

But I reserve the right to change my mind every day until the SP

Men:
    1. Plushenko
    2. Evan
    3. Jeremy/Oda/Joubert/Lambiel/Weir
    Okay, I've changed my mind again.

1. Kim
    2. Mao
    3. Rochette
    5. Akiko
    6. Ando

But I hope the American girls can break into that list

Custom Title
    DANCE

1.) D/W OR V/M
    2.) D/W OR V/M
    3.) Do/Sh

B/A have a good shot, but North America has virtually no chance in sweeping dance, the judges simply won't allow it, so they'll have to hope for mistakes from the top two.

PAIRS

1.) S/Z
    2.) S/S
    3.) K/S, P/T OR Z/Z

MEN

1.) Plushenko
    2.) Lysacek
    3.) Could be any of the other top 10 contenders. Men's field is deep.

LADIES

Gold:
    Kim -odds on favorite for quite some time
    -
    Asada -can beat Kim with clean skates (all 3As must be ratified)
    -
    Ando -lower tech, needs to go clean with Kim/Asada/Kostner/Rochette errors
    Kostner -lower tech, needs to go clean with Kim/Asada/Ando/Rochette errors
    Rochette -lower tech, needs to go clean with Kim/Asada/Ando/Kostner errors

Other possible medalists, provided clean skates with errors from at least three of the above:
    Suzuki, Flatt
    Last edited by Kissx3; 01-29-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    Women

1) Miki
    2) Yu-Na
    3) Mao

I know, it seems crzay, but in he womens' event the favourite's haven't won in ages.

Men

God this is tough. The most obvious contenders are European, but lets be honest, there's little chance that an Olympic podium will be 100% European.

1) Plushenko
    2) Joubert
    3) Lysacek
    4) Lambiel

The thing is, I honestly don't have a clue who will win gold (I don't even have a guttsy feeling). Brian will medal, I don't know what colour though. A North American skater will probably be on there, most likely Evan. I put Plush randomly on there - like I said I haven't got a clue who's gonna win. I think he should get bronze though, so he can have one of each!

Ice Dancing

This is the toughest

1) Dom/Shabs (awful, I know. They're not worth all that, and many other skaters are far mush better, but seeing their scores so far...)
    2) Del/Schoen
    3) D/W
    4) V/M
    5) B/A

To be honest any of the 5 could be in any position.

Pairs

1) S/Z
    2) P/T
    3) S/S
    I totally forgot that. No main favorite haves won the gold. Maybe in 1998 but i considered Michelle as the favorite though.
    No winner of the short program haves won since Kristi, 18 years ago.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama View Post
    Ladies:

1.Yu-Na
    2. Mao
    3. Any one of many, depending on how they skate. If they all skate clean, Carolina or Joannie. If not, there's Miki, Akiko and Rachel. To me, Rachel's an outside shot but it will come down to delivering on the day and I think she will whereas Joannie and Carolina are very iffy in that regard.

Men:

1. Plushy. He is not going to let anyone else have this. I think it will be a ridiculously decisive victory.
    2. Jeremy Abott.
    3. This is a huge toss-up between who brings it and who doesn't. You've got Chan, Lysacek, Lambiel, Joubert, Oda, Takahashi, Van der Perren.....

Pairs:
    1/2 Szolkowy & Savchenko vs. Shen and Zhao
    3. Whichever Chinese other pair skates better

Dance:
    1. Domnina and Shabalin will, according to Olympic tradition, be handed the gold, regardless of the performances.
    2/3. Virtue & Moir vs. Davis & White, depending on who skates best.
    I tend to agree with predictions and comments here. Though I think S/Z is almost a sure thing, unless they bomb which they havn't all year.

Big sigh for the dance. D & S been poor all year but it doesn't matter. It will be a travesty but the OGM for Dance will go to the Russians. Love watching Dance but don't know how the dancers put up with this.

Rinkside
    Ladies:

1. Joannie Rochette
    2. Yu-Na Kim
    3. Mao Asada

Men:

1. Evgeny Plushenko
    2. Patrick Chan
    3. An American, I would really love if it were Abbott, but I have a feeling it will be Lysacek.

Pairs:

1. Xue Shen/Hongbo Zhao
    2. Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov (I would love if it was Mukhortova/Trankov, but not going to happen).
    3. Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy

Dance:

1. Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir (I will cry if these two don't win!!!)
    2. Meryl Davis/Charlie White
    3. Isabelle Delobel/Olivier Schoenfelder

Custom Title
    I'm going to do the top 10 because there are so many good skaters

Ladies:

1.) Yuna Kim
    2.) Miki Ando
    3.) Joannie Rochette
    4.) Mao Asada
    5.) Akiko Suzuki
    6.) Rachael Flatt
    7.) Carolina Kostner
    8.) Mirai Nagasu
    9.) Laura Lepisto
    10.) Alena Leonova

2-4, 5-7, 8-10 can be in whatever order

Men:

1.) Brian Joubert
    2.) Plushy
    3.) Tomas Verner
    4.) Evan Lysacek
    5.) Nobunari Oda
    6.) Jeremy Abbott
    7.) Stephane Lambiel
    8.) Patrick Chan
    9.) Daisuke Takahashi
    10.) Michael Brezina

for the men it's really anyone's game, there are just so many really good male skaters I have no idea who will win

Since I stated both my nightmare and dream picks, here's what I think will happen in Vancouver.

Pairs
    G: S/Z
    S: S/S
    B: P/T

I really could care less. As long as S/Z wins it, I'll be happy!

Men
    G: Plushenko
    S: Lysacek
    B: Lambiel
    4. Takahashi
    5. Abbott
    6. Chan
    7. Oda
    8. Joubert (and will have a epic rant after that )
    9. Brezina
    10. Contesti
    11. Weir
    12. Kozuka

This is deep! I have Verner somewhere between 16-20 (pending epic meltdown) and van der Perren barely making the Final 24.

Ice Dance
    G: D/W
    S: V/M
    B: Dom/Shab
    4. Del/Shol
    5. F/S
    6. B/A
    7. P/B
    8. K/K
    9. K/N
    10. C/L

I really want a NA Sweep but most likely Dom/Shab will ruin it. As a matter of fact, 3-6 can go either way.

Ladies
    G: Kim
    S: Asada
    B: Rochette
    4. Ando
    5. Suzuki
    6. Flatt
    7. Leonova
    8. Nagasu
    9. Lepisto
    10. Kostner

I think Yu-Na and Mao will be close (cracking 200), but Mao will have one of her 3As downgraded which will make the difference. 3-5 can go either way but JoRo will have the hometown advantage. And please no epic meltdown of Hubert proportions! I have a feeling it will be Cynthia having that sad moment.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekrYoLXz0Ac
    Last edited by ARipp42014; 02-03-2010 at 11:27 PM.

On the Ice
    Pairs
    1. Xue Shen/Hongbo Zhao
    2. Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy
    3.Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov

I have to decide whether to list those skaters from my country or those skaters whom I hope will podium or those whom I consider realistically

I'll decide on realistically and in accordance with the judges which I have no control over:

Plushenko; Lambiel; Takahashi

Yuna; Mao, Rochette

S/Z; S/S; P/T

D/S; B/A; V/M

My country results from above

Russia - 10
    China - 6
    Korea - 5
    Japan - 4
    Switzerland-3
    US - 3
    Germany - 3