Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Podium Predictions

Custom Title
    1 Miki
    she have skated at the olympic before, NO PRESSURE, and WON the world choampionship in 2007.Should i say more?

2 yu-na
    i am sure that she will make some mistakes at the olymipic because she NEVER skated PERFECTTLY(i mean she always had some mistakes), so she wont deserve the gold medalist.but she will get a huge pcs and the silver medal.

3 mao
    looks like canadian will give tremendous pressure to rochetto.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivana View Post
    Men
    1. Plushenko
    2. Abbott
    3. Joubert
    4. Takahashi
    5. Lysacek
    Audacity! No Lambiel in sight but Abbott in the second? I have no problem if some one like Abbott beat my old favorites like Lambiel or Joubert. If the podium is like this, I will be happy because Joubert is on the podium and Plushenko is the first.

I've been thinking about the prediction for a long while already, but I still don't know what I should list. So I'll skip it for now.

Ladies
    1. yuna - she would have a perfect SP that excites the audience as takahashi's swan lake did. But she may make a couple mistakes in LP. LP performance may not be as interesting as SP, but she still would run away with that lead.
    2. miki - she would get least pressures among top ladies (except for Caro). She would also be more comfortable abroad than in Japan. She would not fall, but she may UR.
    3. mao - With the renewed confidence and mental strength, she may manage to land all her jumps without falls. But she would UR at least two of her 3As and one of her double jumps and leave out at least one of the jumps in her combos. the score would disappoint the audience.
    4. suzuki - she would steal the hearts of the audience, but miss either one of the lutz or the loops. would also receive undeservingly low PCS that disappoint the audience.
    5. leonova - she would land most of her jumps and excite the audience.
    6. rachael - people would complain the same things, but she would land jumps and get decent marks at both TES and PCS for her performances.
    7. rochette - she would still be vulnerable and bomb either at her SP or at LP. but would receive good pcs.
    8. mirai - she also would steal the hearts of the audience, but UR at least a couple of jumps of hers.
    9. laura - she would land only three triple jumps but still get good marks to stay here.
    10. caro - would remain the same caro, meaning mistakes filled performances.
    11. kiira - she would do just okay. several mistakes.

Say, among yuna, miki, rochette, caro, and mao, the ladies with least mistakes would be on the podium (A group). In the A group, caro has by far the highest bombing potential followed by rochette and mao. I wouldn't see miki or yuna bombing at this time, even though they could deliver underwhelming, boring performances with falls and stepouts.

among suzuki, leonova, mirai, and rachael those with least mistakes would make top 5. racheal has the highest consistency followed by suzuki. leonova could be vulnerable under olympic pressures or could be very happy and excite the audience and land every jump. at their top forms, suzuki is the most matured package, followed by mirai. Although neither leonova nor rachael are the whole package, leonova's programs are a lot more appealing than rachael's.

laura and kiira would make the top 7 if they are lucky. i doubt if they would suddenly discover renewed consistency.
    Last edited by Bennett; 02-04-2010 at 10:41 AM.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    Audacity! No Lambiel in sight but Abbott in the second? I have no problem if some one like Abbott beat my old favorites like Lambiel or Joubert. If the podium is like this, I will be happy because Joubert is on the podium and Plushenko is the first.

I've been thinking about the prediction for a long while already, but I still don't know what I should list. So I'll skip it for now.
    I think Lambiel will bomb tripple axels and quad in both SP and LP. I have no problem with the podium, if everyone skates clean, but my dream podium would be a lot different than the one I've stated here.

Much depends on the concept that a skater can not win an Olympic medal without a 3A. Do you really believe that nothing else matters?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Do you really believe that nothing else matters?
    well ... Metallica do

Custom Title
    I'm thinking

LADIES
    1. Yu-Na Kim
    2. Mao Asada
    3. Miki Ando

4. Joannie Rochette
    5. Akiko Suzuki
    6. Rachael Flatt
    7. Carolina Kostner
    8. Mirai Nagasu
    9. Laura Lepistö
    10. Cynthia Phaneuf

MEN
    1. Evgeni Plushenko
    2. Evan Lysacek
    3. Patrick Chan

4. Brian Joubert
    5. Daisuke Takahashi
    6. Jeremy Abbott
    7. Nobunai Oda
    8. Stephan Lambiel
    9. Johnny Weir
    10. Takahiko Kozuka

PAIRS
    1. Shen and Zhao
    2. Kavaguti and Smornov
    3. Savchenko and Szolkowy

4. Pang and Tong
    5. Mukhortova and Trankov
    6. Zhang and Zhang
    7. Dubé and Davison
    8. Volosozhar and Morozov
    9. Denney and Barrett
    10. Bazarova and Larianov

DANCE
    1. Virtue and Moir
    2. Domnina and Shabalin
    3. Davis and White

4. Belbin and Agosto
    5. Delobel and Schoenfelder
    6. Faiella and Scali
    7. Khohklova and Novitski
    8. Pechalat and Bourzat
    9. Kerr and Kerr
    10. Zaretski and Zaretski

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Much depends on the concept that a skater can not win an Olympic medal without a 3A. Do you really believe that nothing else matters?
    I never said so, the whole package matters, after all this sport is not called jumping on ice or something similar. This is a predection threat and for me Lambiel was never a skater who was top class in the jumping department, his problems with axel are well know, I don't think we have to talk about his piruets or presentation, because that is top class. I just think that there are skaters who, as a whole package, can score better then him and was replying to jennylovskt why he did not make it into my top 5.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Ladies
    1. yuna - she would have a perfect SP that excites the audience as takahashi's swan lake did. But she may make a couple mistakes in LP. LP performance may not be as interesting as SP, but she still would run away with that lead.
    2. miki - she would get least pressures among top ladies (except for Caro). She would also be more comfortable abroad than in Japan. She would not fall, but she may UR.
    3. mao - With the renewed confidence and mental strength, she may manage to land all her jumps without falls. But she would UR at least two of her 3As and one of her double jumps and leave out at least one of the jumps in her combos. the score would disappoint the audience.
    4. suzuki - she would steal the hearts of the audience, but miss either one of the lutz or the loops. would also receive undeservingly low PCS that disappoint the audience.
    5. leonova - she would land most of her jumps and excite the audience.
    6. rachael - people would complain the same things, but she would land jumps and get decent marks at both TES and PCS for her performances.
    7. rochette - she would still be vulnerable and bomb either at her SP or at LP. but would receive good pcs.
    8. mirai - she also would steal the hearts of the audience, but UR at least a couple of jumps of hers.
    9. laura - she would land only three triple jumps but still get good marks to stay here.
    10. caro - would remain the same caro, meaning mistakes filled performances.
    11. kiira - she would do just okay. several mistakes.

Say, among yuna, miki, rochette, caro, and mao, the ladies with least mistakes would be on the podium (A group). In the A group, caro has by far the highest bombing potential followed by rochette and mao. I wouldn't see miki or yuna bombing at this time, even though they could deliver underwhelming, boring performances with falls and stepouts.

among suzuki, leonova, mirai, and rachael those with least mistakes would make top 5. racheal has the highest consistency followed by suzuki. leonova could be vulnerable under olympic pressures or could be very happy and excite the audience and land every jump. at their top forms, suzuki is the most matured package, followed by mirai. Although neither leonova nor rachael are the whole package, leonova's programs are a lot more appealing than rachael's.

laura and kiira would make the top 7 if they are lucky. i doubt if they would suddenly discover renewed consistency.
    You predict Rochette to be that low? Um I think Mao's nemesis is her SP program. If she does that well, she will be ahead of Miki. But I am hoping for an upset And I think either Mao (if she doesn't mess up her SP) or Miki (If she does everything she plans to do) can pull it off, because if Yuna wins just by her SP score again, it is going to be the most underwhelming Olympics ever.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    well ... Metallica do
    Hah! Such a good song.

Men
    1. Evgeni Plushenko
    2. Patrick Chan
    3. Evan Lysacek

Ladies
    1. Yu-Na Kim
    2. Joannie Rochette
    3. Mao Asada

Dance
    1. Virtue / Moir
    2. Domnina / Shabalin
    3. Delobel / Schoenfelder

Pairs
    1. Shen / Zhao
    2. Savchenko / Szolkowy
    3. Kavaguti / Smirnov

On the Ice

If flatt medals... I'll never watch skating again

If flatt medals I'll stop watching womens skating

Quote Originally Posted by louieb2009 View Post
    MEN:
    Plushenko has been the only skater who has proved he is solid in both the short and the long. Abbott has the ability to beat him, but likely will falter at such a big event. Lysacek’s short will place him too far behind Plushenko to catch up.

1. Plushenko
    2. Lysacek
    3. Abbott
    4. Joubert
    5. Lambiel
    6. Takahashi

Spoilers: Chan, Oda, Breznia

WOMEN:
    If Kim performs either program perfectly, she’ll win. Flatt will likely place second in the free skate, so she needs to make sure she isn’t too far behind in the short. Ando could secure a medal with her short, while Asada’s inability to skate a good short will be her undoing.
    1. Kim
    2. Flatt
    3. Ando
    4. Suzuki
    5. Rochette
    6. Asada

Spoilers: Kostner, Nagasu, Lepisto

PAIRS:
    Shen/Zhao win hands down unless Kavaguti/Smirnov pull off quads in both short and long. Savchenko/Szolkowy have had bad long programs, which could keep them off the medal stand entirely. If Pang/Tong skate two solid programs, the silver should be theirs.
    1. Shen/Zhao
    2. Pang/Tong
    3. Kavaguti/Smirnov
    4. Savchenko/Szolkowy
    5. Mukhortova/Trankov
    6. Zhang/Zhang

Spoilers: Dube/Davison, Volosohozhar/Morozov, Langlois/Hay

DANCE:
    Davis/White will start off the competition in third in the compulsory dance. They’ll go on to surpass Domina/Shabalin, but Virtue/Moir will win the free skate, securing the gold. Meanwhile, the compulsory will likely place Belbin/Agosto too far behind to knock D/S off the medal stand.
    1. Virtue/Moir
    2. Davis/White
    3. Domina/Shabalin
    4. Belbin/Agosto
    5. Faiella/Scali
    6. Khoklova/Novitski

Spoilers: Pechalat/Bourzat, Kerr/Kerr, Delobel/Schoenfelder

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    Dance:
    1. Domnina and Shabalin will, according to Olympic tradition, be handed the gold, regardless of the performances.

I tend to agree with predictions and comments here. Though I think S/Z is almost a sure thing, unless they bomb which they havn't all year.

Big sigh for the dance. D & S been poor all year but it doesn't matter. It will be a travesty but the OGM for Dance will go to the Russians. Love watching Dance but don't know how the dancers put up with this.
    The same MIGHT be said for pairs....a Soviet or Russian pair has always won OGM since 1964...even with a flawed performance (2002 coming to mind). but for any one of the Russian pairs to medal, they need to be ON...but i predict that if K/S skate well....there MIGHT be some issues....but then again pairs (supposedly) isn't as flawed as ice dancing judging. will be interesting to see how tradition and politics play into judging with ice dancing and pairs (and even with ladies with no American finishing off the podium since 1968....)

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Okay here goes:

Ladies:
    Yu-na. She will have a small mistake in one program, but otherwise handle the imense pressure well and be awarded scores that set new reocrds.

Miki. She is well-trained, not that much pressure, she seem confident. She will hit the 3/3 in one program and skate clean.

Mao. A downgraded 3 axel in the short will put gold dreams out of reach. She will skate a perfect freeskate, enough for a medal.

Men:

Plushenko. The event will be judged. Plushenko will land his quad in both programs. Need I say more?

Takahashi: He will finally lay down the good, including a quad in the freeskate.

Evan: His PCS will hold him up, but he won't risk the quad but skate two clean programs.

Pairs:
    Shen and Zhao will be perfect. as they have been all season.

M&T will skate clean.

S&S: Beautiful programs but to many bobbles. I hope they stay around for 2014.

Dance:
    Domina and Shabalin: ouch that hurt.

Virtue and Moir. Home ice advanage gives them the edge over thier training mates. They brimg the crowd to its feet and to tears with Mahler and Tessa stops smiling at the wrong moments in the chreo.

Davis and White: More great performances from them. They deserve gold, but are happy with the bronze.

If Flatt medals... I'll never watch skating again

Quote Originally Posted by skatefancan View Post
    If flatt medals I'll stop watching womens skating
    And as god as my witness I'll never go hungry again.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast