Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Free Skate

Great comeback from Mao She is a strong LP skater.

Congrats to all medalists, great debut to Haruka and Dobbs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    They slowmo both 3As, the second one looks rotated. Both are significantly better than her 3A in the short program, which you can see the UR at replay.
    Wow, ****** PCS for Asada. She was expecting a lot more.

And Akiko definitely deserve a lot more for PCS. 52? What is she, a junior skater?
    First 3A looked okay.
    Second, definitely not.

I think Akiko's low PCS is kinda made up for her high TES. I thought her PCS should've been higher but TES lower.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Lol, it is back, I thought it might have been my computer, or somebody hacked both the stream I was watching & GS because Mao was skating.

Seriously, can anyone give a breakdown of the elements that Akiko, Mao, and Caroline did? My feed was pretty bad, slow motion, so I don't trust it. And it went completely out for Mao! Seriously, everybody else was fine until the middle of Mao's performance & then BAM!
    Mao: 3A, 3A+2T, 3F, 3Lo, 3F+2Lo+2Lo, 3T, 2A
    Akiko: 3F+2T+2Lo, 3T+2A seq, 3Lo, 3F,3Lz, popped Lo, 3S+2A seq
    Caroline: 3F+2T, 3Lz<+stepout, 2A, 3F, 3Lo,3S+2T, 3Lo+2T+2Lo

Custom Title
    Anybody have a youtube link for Mao's skate please?

Also, a breakdown of all the jumps & elements that Mao, Akiko, and Caroline did? Thanks in advance.

Tripping on the Podium
    Wow Asada! showed she is a fighter!

she successfully landed both 3As and got ratified, proving she is still solid in the game after a sub-par SP and bad practice sessions(what a steely gut she has). She must be encouraged by what she has accomplished, although in a way I kind of feel she has regressed a lot in overall presentation of the program. It seemed like she was way too focused on landing those jumps so that even her stroking got a little tentative and the choreographies looked almost empty. Yes I am happy she has come back strong and executed all 7 jumping passes but seriously her performance this time has left a lot to be desired non-jump wise.

I'm not sure Akiko was delivering the vivacious quality and joyfulness in her step sequence she had at GPF and Nationals, probabably because she has gotten a little stiff after making mistake in the short and botching loop again at the free. However, I'm satisfied she had a nice skate other than that and left a good impressions on judges right before Olympics.

and congratulations to Caroline for winning bronze
    Last edited by EyesOfLove; 01-29-2010 at 05:07 AM. Reason: ..

Sooo happy for Caroline. She was all smiles in the kiss and cry. (:

She ended the season with a bronze. Yay! I knew you could do it Caroline!

Happy for Mao and Akiko too!
    Last edited by aftertherain; 01-29-2010 at 05:31 AM.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by EyesOfLove View Post
    Wow Asada! showed she is a fighter!
    You bet she is! I'm so happy for Mao!!! I'm so glad she came back strong on the LP. That PCS may be low by her standards, but there's nothing to worry about -- it will build up in time for the Olympic Games. All she had to prove in this here competition was that she's a medal contender and she did that by a mile. I want to hear more about Akiko's skating, though. And links, anyone?

(is it just me or is the new format plain weird )

Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post

(is it just me or is the new format plain weird )
    It's really "modern-looking" and I like it, but the comment boxes are too stretched out. =(

Congratulations to Mao for an amazing technical skate. I totally agree that she sacrificed the presentation for the execution of the technical content and this is a great skate for her heading into the Olympics.

Congratulations to Akiko for winning her 1st 4 Continents medal , this is a huge achievement since the event is considered one of the major competitions of the ISU! I totally loved her skate and it's great that she is not peaking early heading into the Olympics! I just hope and pray that she would really deliver and be scored justly especially for her PCS! She is an amazing skater and definitely deserves higher PCS scores!

I'm so proud of Caroline! She is a great skater especially when she is competing in the international circuit! Congrats for winning the bronze medal at the 4CC!!!! Whohoooo!!!!!!

Yeah, congrats to all the medalists! Definitely my three favorites here. Maybe my three favorites among all the ladies internationally?! So I can't be happier. I'm so delighted for Caroline to end her season on a high(er) note. I'm happy for Mao that she finally got two 3A's ratified this season -- and isn't it the first 6-triple program she's done in a long time?

(This font in the reply box is so small I really have to squint, and I have my contacts on... Will stop typing here)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Sooo happy for Caroline. She was all smiles in the kiss and cry. (:
    Agreed!

Custom Title
    I'm happy for Caroline and Mao's redemption too. But I kinda lost joy in watching Mao skate. She's become too focused on the 3 axel.

Custom Title
    It's great that Caroline medalled here. I think that among the current American ladies other than Sasha, she has the first senior championship medal now.

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    It's great that Caroline medalled here. I think that among the current American ladies other than Sasha, she has the first senior championship medal now.
    What? Do GP events not count?

Go Caroline! What a great comeback for her!

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast