Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Free Skate

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Sooo happy for Caroline. She was all smiles in the kiss and cry. (:

She ended the season with a bronze. Yay! I knew you could do it Caroline!

Happy for Mao and Akiko too!
    That just made my morning. So happy that Caroline could end the season so well and finally Mao skates a clean LP with all her planned elements. This is the first time she got credit for both triple axels this season? I think so. akikko will have to go back to her old loop entry since obviously this isn't working.

Tripping on the Podium
    Is there a video of Caroline Zhang's FS already?

Quote Originally Posted by roma View Post
    Is there a video of Caroline Zhang's FS already?
    No. Caroline's SP and LP seem to be non-existent.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    So happy for Caroline. I really think Akiko's got a real shot at the podium in Vancouver.

mylastduchess
    Wow, judges here don't give out PCS as easily as ther did at Europeans and GPF... Akkiko is still getting really low PCS marks and I don't know why. For Mao she only lost a couple of points from the combination but its ok I'm sure come Olympics and she skates like how she did tonight her PCS will be very close to Yu-na.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Oh thank goodness!!! Mao is back in the mix ... AGAIN. Thank you thank you thank you. Can't wait to see Carolina's LP and her reaction. Good for her!

Down With It
    First, congrats to Zhang for ending her season on a positive note after this disaster of a season for her. Also, Dobbs- she's been quite a surprise.

Otherwise it's the same old same old. I do hope that the Olympics DON'T go as planned...

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    I am so happy for Caroline Hopefully this will inspire and push her to not give up and only look forward.

Akiko was wonderful as usual and I really loved her performance, as usual lol

Mao was fantabulous!!!! She had so much energy as she attacked her footowork, which has to be the best currently in ladies skating. She really fought for her triple axels and I was happy that she didnt pop or fall on any of her jumps. However, I did sense some disappointment from both Mao and Folle....I already see a future plan on improving her jumps and presentation brewing up...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    Congratulations to Mao for an amazing technical skate. I totally agree that she sacrificed the presentation for the execution of the technical content and this is a great skate for her heading into the Olympics.

Congratulations to Akiko for winning her 1st 4 Continents medal , this is a huge achievement since the event is considered one of the major competitions of the ISU! I totally loved her skate and it's great that she is not peaking early heading into the Olympics! I just hope and pray that she would really deliver and be scored justly especially for her PCS! She is an amazing skater and definitely deserves higher PCS scores!

I'm so proud of Caroline! She is a great skater especially when she is competing in the international circuit! Congrats for winning the bronze medal at the 4CC!!!! Whohoooo!!!!!!

On the Ice
    Mao was great! That LP performance can definitely challenge for Olympic Gold.

By the way, am I the only one who REALLY dislikes the neck choker thing on all of Mao's dresses? I think she would look so much better without it...

Medalist
    I can't believe Mao received a level 2 for her amazing step sequence! Congratulations Mao, how come her PCS are that low? Should be at least 60.00+ The song is about sorrow and grief...do you expect somebody to smile through that? I'm puzzled why she didn't tack another 2 loop to her flip...

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

IN Article on Ladies podium finishers. Nice quote from Caroline. I hope it comes true.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ☆Genie View Post
    I'm puzzled why she didn't tack another 2 loop to her flip...
    yes, me too.... and if she had the feeling the landing wasn't perfect and left it out for that reason why didn't she tack it onto to the 3L, 3T or 2A in the end??? i don't know if someone has ever told her that she can play around a little with the combos if the planned ones didn't happen.... in the olympics she needs every single point on the technical side to compensate the gap between her and yuna kim's component score... that means she needs 3 combinations without a doubt

i am always sorry for mao because even if she skates like today she isn't really happy when she finishes the pogram because she fears the marks and all the downgrades... and 126 points for a clean long program with two 3A is like the judges wanna say " in your face mao"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post
    yes, me too.... and if she had the feeling the landing wasn't perfect and left it out for that reason why didn't she tack it onto to the 3L, 3T or 2A in the end??? i don't know if someone has ever told her that she can play around a little with the combos if the planned ones didn't happen.... in the olympics she needs every single point on the technical side to compensate the gap between her and yuna kim's component score... that means she needs 3 combinations without a doubt

i am always sorry for mao because even if she skates like today she isn't really happy when she finishes the pogram because she fears the marks and all the downgrades... and 126 points for a clean long program with two 3A is like the judges wanna say " in your face mao"
    126 is a great score! How is that a dis? Mao's 3a-2t is worth less than Yuna's 3lz-3t anyway so I don't think people should complain she was underscored. Mao was great and she got a great score.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ☆Genie View Post
    I can't believe Mao received a level 2 for her amazing step sequence! Congratulations Mao, how come her PCS are that low? Should be at least 60.00+ The song is about sorrow and grief...do you expect somebody to smile through that? I'm puzzled why she didn't tack another 2 loop to her flip...

It seemed like she was too focused on landing those jumps and her stroking was tentative.
    Her choreographies looked almost empty.But still happy for three girls!!!
    Last edited by inside edge; 01-29-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast