Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Free Skate

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    What? Do GP events not count?
    The Grand Prix Final counts as a championship ( I think ).

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    The Grand Prix Final counts as a championship ( I think ).
    I meant the other GP events like TEB or Skate America.

Custom Title
    There are only four main ISU championships as far as I can tell. GP & Olympics aren't included, although they are of course considered major international competitions.

So officially, Caroline is the only current American lady with an ISU (senior) championship medal and even if say, Rachel were to eke out a bronze at the Olympics, that would still be the case.
    Last edited by Kissx3; 01-29-2010 at 07:42 AM.

Mashimaro on Ice
    I am so happy Mao got her two 3As ratified! And I heard she got Lv4 on her spirals. Yah!

Custom Title
    only one downgrade for mao which was very generous i think... from watching it i expected the first flip to be downgraded as well as at least one triple axel and the second double loop in her combination...

has anyone ever explained the rules to her? since she missed the triple flip combination she could have tacked on another double loop on the loop or toeloop or double axel.... ahhh, she is giving away points all the time...

Mao I loved this program for the first time. This is so powerful and great. A different Mao not overpowered by the music, but who owns that program.

BTW, I agree with feraina that the font size is too small. I feel dizzy.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Ok. http://auntjoyceicecreamstand.blogspot.com/ Aunt joyce got it wrong this time~~~~~. Mao's second 3A was not downgraded. I don't get the Lv2 sequence. But still happy for Mao
    Last edited by miki88; 01-29-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Custom Title
    Mao WON? Yippee! She really has a will of iron. Good for her. And WONDERFUL for Caroline! I can't wait to see their programs. Great for Suzuki also. A podium I can happily cheer for.

Custom Title
    Congrats to Mao, Akiko and Caroline! Well cone.

Btw... I really like that super long arm-legged korean girl.
    I think I just love girls with long legs and arms on ice (Yuna, Christina, etc)... and that Kwak girl has the prettiest spiral and biellmann spin positions!!!
    To me, she seems like a faster version of Caroline with better jumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtcq4d9GQEk
    Last edited by figurejennah; 01-29-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Custom Title
    My thanks to all the posters in this thread, and a special thanks to Morning Glory for the link to Mao's FS video. I am unsure of how to find the icons on this new board lol and I may have hit the wrong Reply function lol, but my gratitude is heartfelt.

I am an admirer of both Mao and Yu-Na, so it makes me happy when either of them do well. I think the rivalry between them adds to the excitement of Ladies' figure skating, and indeed, has raised that discipline to new levels of possibility. They have truly advanced the sport, both of them, and I think we are fortunate to get to see sport of this calibre. Both ladies seem to me to have great courage. I hope they both peak at the Olympics. If they do, it will be amazing, unforgettable sport.

Congrats to Mao, Akiko and Caroline. Mao's skate was fantastic. Very happy for Caroline to pull off the Bronze good for her.

Not sure I like this new look for the Forum. I will have to fiddle around with the font. It is so darn tiny.

Tripping on the Podium

I LOVE new Akiko's dress! She looks more beautiful!

I also love the skating skills of hers. She is SO FAST. I was thrilled when she went to flip out of steps for that speed. She should get higher PCS!!!

And her jumps are so fantastic!!!! Despite all those mistakes, her jumps are great!

Custom Title
    Thanks for the additional video URLs. It is becoming clear to me that I have to lengthen my "Ladies I admire" list lol.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast