Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Free Skate

Down With It
    At Olys, Yuna's biggest competitor will be herself- her nerves, to be exact. If she stands up, she wins- it's that simple.

I used to not want her to win Gold but maybe it's not such a bad thing after all, because she can then retire and get away from the crazies

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure88 View Post
    I find it's Mao fans that like to play up the rivalry, really. And always, with the nastiest comments about Yuna. I find it a little tiresome. I don't think Yuna fans really care that much about Mao. I mean, Yuna is already at the top.
    I don't think so. I think it goes both ways. Because I come across Yuna fans posting nasty comments about Mao too. Anyways I don't think Yuna fans don't care about Mao or else why are there so many videos on her URs or whatever, if they don't care that much, they shouldn't devote so much time to it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    At Olys, Yuna's biggest competitor will be herself- her nerves, to be exact. If she stands up, she wins- it's that simple.

I used to not want her to win Gold but maybe it's not such a bad thing after all, because she can then retire and get away from the crazies
    R.D., can I ask you why you used to not want her to win? I resepct your opinion and I am not trying to be combative, just curious ... if pm is available, you can pm me your response

before you all get out of hand throwing insults at one fan group or another (or both) please remember that the youtube wars are to remain ON YOUTUBE. don't bring them here - even referencing them causes a flame war on the boards and we don't want or need them here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice&Glass View Post
    yuna and mao were once good friends. it is unfortunate that more and more articles like this make it harder for them to stay as good friends. must be real tough for two 19 year-olds.. i really feel for them already
    When was that? Yuna was asked if Mao was her friend. She said Mao didn't speak English, was quiet, etc... so they had nothing to talk about. Just because both happen to eat bibimbap doesn't mean they're friends.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    Caroline seemed to be really happy! Really great performances right after such a disappointed Nats.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...p-spo.view-000
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...u-spo.view-000
    Her new dress is just beautiful as well, but a new dress just for 4CC? rather extravagant!

Mashimaro on Ice

Hm.. I don't know. Wasn't that what was said about Michelle back in '98. If she skates clean, she'll win the thing. But it didn't turn out that way, so I don't want to jinx her. Even though I am a Mao fan, I like Yuna as a skater and I don't mind if she wins the thing, but some of her fans are so biased in their views that it makes it hard to root for her sometimes.~~~~

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    R.D., can I ask you why you used to not want her to win? I resepct your opinion and I am not trying to be combative, just curious ... if pm is available, you can pm me your response
    It's fine, I'll post it here. It's because she is the heavy favorite to win. Those who know me for a long time know I like surprises and underdogs. Yuna winning, IMHO, would not make this an exciting competition particularly if she ran away with it in the SP. But if it were closer, and one of the other skaters can pull an upset (well, not any other skater- see the Nightmare Podiums Thread)...that would spice things up a bit. JMHO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice&Glass View Post
    You obviously don't understand. Judging from your username I don't blame ya.
    Quote for preservation. It's actually funny, I don't blame ya.

Found there are free programs of Caroline, Amanda, Amelie, Myriane, Diane, and alexe. Iam quite pleased how the Canadian ladies skated, especially Amelie and Myriane. They may not have the flexibility of the American's but its wonderful to have Canadian ladies other than Joannie, who can land many triples in their programs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by inside edge View Post
    It seemed like she was too focused on landing those jumps and her stroking was tentative.
    Her choreographies looked almost empty.But still happy for three girls!!!

I agree-Mao looked slow, the choreorgraphy was terrible-what gives? She used to have beautiful light programs, this one is ponderous and boring. Also, her facial expression is so downbeat-she almost looks like she is really sick, but hey, she'll skate anyway. The 3A is wonderful, but the rest? Tired and slow.

No excitement whatsoever. In fact I think Mirai's (Nationals) program was far more enjoyable, and more importantly, it looked like she WAS enjoying it.

Custom Title
    It's fine, I'll post it here. It's because she is the heavy favorite to win. Those who know me for a long time know I like surprises and underdogs. Yuna winning, IMHO, would not make this an exciting competition particularly if she ran away with it in the SP. But if it were closer, and one of the other skaters can pull an upset (well, not any other skater- see the Nightmare Podiums Thread)...that would spice things up a bit. JMHO.
    Thanks a lot for the response. I agree with you, I would enjoy a battle much more than a coronation, that's why I am rooting for Mao to get back on top of her game and give Yuna a run for her money. And I think that's what we're going to get. I don't see Yuna as the overwhelming favorite. She has her flaws and her rivals (Mao and Joannie) have been improving and, in my view, will be peaking at the right time. Her early successes have put a lot of extra pressure on her, and it shows. I was at Skate America and for me her win was rather anti-climactic (I was rooting for Rachael too so I got my fair share of excitement there). I would think, based on her reactions, that she felt the same way about it.

This makes me sad because I think her perceived status as the overwhelming favorite and her hard-earned early successes may have set her up for an anti-climactic olympic experience whether she wins or not. As much as it pains me to say it, all signs point to a repeat of 1998.
    Last edited by yunasashafan; 01-30-2010 at 04:53 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Hm.. I don't know. Wasn't that what was said about Michelle back in '98. If she skates clean, she'll win the thing. But it didn't turn out that way, so I don't want to jinx her. Even though I am a Mao fan, I like Yuna as a skater and I don't mind if she wins the thing, but some of her fans are so biased in their views that it makes it hard to root for her sometimes.~~~~
    I do think that Mao has more technical content, and, if clean, can beat Yuna. The only way Yuna can beat a clean Mao is by accumulating a lot of GOEs on her jumps, which is possible since she has more complcated entrances than Mao. So, in my book, they're equal on paper and the cleaner of the two will win.

Like you, I am a Yuna fan but I enjoy Mao's skating a lot and wish her a great skate in Vancouver. Please don't let the ubers prevent you from enjoying Yuna's skating. I don't think she approves of the behavior of some of her crazy fans just like I am sure Mao would not be happy with the behavior of some of her own ubers. Let's forget about those and enjoy the skating of the two unique and special talents that are Mao and Yuna. May the best skate win!

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    I do think that Mao has more technical content, and, if clean, can beat Yuna. The only way Yuna can beat a clean Mao is by accumulating a lot of GOEs on her jumps, which is possible since she has more complcated entrances than Mao. So, in my book, they're equal on paper and the cleaner of the two will win.

Like you, I am a Yuna fan but I enjoy Mao's skating a lot and wish her a great skate in Vancouver. Please don't let the ubers prevent you from enjoying Yuna's skating. I don't think she approves of the behavior of some of her crazy fans just like I am sure Mao would not be happy with the behavior of some of her own ubers. Let's forget about those and enjoy the skating of the two unique and special talents that are Mao and Yuna. May the best skate win!
    Thanks for your post, yunasashafan! I will try to not let negative comments prevent me from enjoying both of these two talented skaters I wish all the top contenders skate well at the Olympics. In one of my earlier posts, I said that my ideal Olympic scenario was that Mao lands three 3As, Miki lands a quad, Rochette skates 2 clean programs, and Yuna breaks 300.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAXn1QaQSTk

Akiko's HQ FS!!! She's so adorable

She even gives a wink in the end! Charismatic skater!!!!!!!!

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast