Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies Free Skate

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    You'd hardly know Akiko was leading... Even on the tube you could tell she was absolutely flying. Her footwork was thrilling and all of her little expressive details & gestures were genuinely felt. Her musicality is second to none. I hope she has a good free skate...as I hope they all do. Every skater has to have a game plan ,but you're not so aware of it with Akiko. She seems able to just immerse herself in her performance, this year. As an audience member, I love it.

I've always loved Mao's skating but wish she hadn't taken off on this 3A quest to the degree she has. I don't find her skating nearly so enjoyable to watch as I used to, and I feel other areas of her skating are not being given the attention they deserve.
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 01-28-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Custom Title
    i read through this thread.
    many people say caroline should fix her bad jump entrance after this season. but it is too hard to change someone's practices. i know she has to do that though. even though it may take much time,we'll wait for her consistency back.
    i really hope she wins medal at this event. i'm disappointed to see her poor performances at nationals. her talent is much better.

as for mao,i don't know whether her failure at sp is good or not.because time over is a little mistake,so she'll pay attention on that point.
    i think 3A on sp is never good choice again,but 3F look better to me. it won't be long before her practice clip is on youtube.
    by the way i'm feeling her music for next season is great! it would be true,i would be feeling a little sad.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Ladies Free Skating - Group 1: 13:00:00 (Korean time) = 11 pm Eastern time tonight.
    Ladies Free Skating - Group 2-4: 14:24:00-16:57 (Korean time) = 12:24-2:57 am Eastern time (early Friday).

Skater-by-skater time schedule: http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc...meSchedule.pdf
    Thanks so much for posting the schedule, Sylvia, much appreciated!

Hmmm, even though PST is 3 hrs. behind EST, it still will be very late when Mao skates. I think I can come back later on this evening & wait for her scores, but anytime after 1AM is really hard for me to keep awake, I might just skip it. I don't know.

Also, I love that she skates 3rd in the last group. I have a bit of an obsession about skate order at the Olympics (yeah, I know this isn't the Big One, but close). Oksana Baiul skated 2nd in her SP & 3rd in the LP. And Sarah Hughes skated 2nd in her LP (can't recall right now her SP skate order). But I always remember someone said that skaters don't usually like to skate first because the ice is fresh (nor last because of the opposite, lol). The best is to skate 2nd or 3rd. This I have always kept in mind.

Custom Title
    Good luck to all the ladies tonight! Esp. Mao, Akiko & Caroline!

Good luck ladies!! Let's go Mao and Amanda!!

Any live stream?

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Any live stream?
    Yeah I would really really really appreciate if someone can put a link up for a live stream.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    If Mao does not win here, that could be a good thing for her. It will show her that she needs to make changes.
    I believe the time for her to make the change was beginning of the season when she bombed Grand Prix in France and Russia back to back. She didn't change a thing. I don't see how she can now. She will continue to do the same thing (same choreo, same coach, same costume, same routine, same ur axel, no triple triple) and expect a different result at the Olympics. I think that is a definition for that, doing same thing over and over and expecting a different result, it's called insanity!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Yuna does difficult elements but she really knows what she does best at and she sticks to it. I mean she doesn't do things that may be too much for her.
    I think it's the other way around. Yuna does so well at elements she is good at (ie. triple triple), not because she chooses un-risky things to do and sticks to what works for her, but because she practices difficult elements until she gets it right and then it becomes her routine and then it becomes what she is good at.

Plus she is one most of talented skaters to come on the scene. Without talent, no amount of practice would do it, but no amount of practice would make a great skater out of one without the natural talent, this goes for all sport.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    Yeah I would really really really appreciate if someone can put a link up for a live stream.
    So would I..... please?

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    So to be a risk taker is to do something you can't do? If that's the case, Mao should do a 3-3. I think it's incredibly risky to do a 3-3 because very few can do them.
    yes, you have reason, Yuna is not the best example of low risk skater, Mao and her are very fearless.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    I think it's the other way around. Yuna does so well at elements she is good at (ie. triple triple), not because she chooses un-risky things to do and sticks to what works for her, but because she practices difficult elements until she gets it right and then it becomes her routine and then it becomes what she is good at.
    Plus she is one most of talented skaters to come on the scene. Without talent, no amount of practice would do it, but no amount of practice would make a great skater out of one without the natural talent, this goes for all sport.
    Okay I get what you're saying but I think we are not really thinking on the same plane. Because I am not trying to say Yuna only chooses the easy route or she is not really talented. I think we have different ideas of what risky means, so I'll just leave it at that.

Custom Title

is there such a thing as too much coverage for a figure skating nut?

CBC/BOLD is going over board. They are showing everyone of 20 ladies final of 4CC. Including practice, it's 4 hours for Ladies Long. That is too much and it will be after midnight (2am EST) before I see the top contenders. Great that some of these skaters make the TV time they would not make even in their own countries. But geesh, it's almost too much.

Sorry, this might sound like gloating...for those of you desperately seeking a live stream somewhere. just say'ng

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Okay I get what you're saying but I think we are not really thinking on the same plane. Because I am not trying to say Yuna only chooses the easy route or she is not really talented. I think we have different ideas of what risky means, so I'll just leave it at that.
    I hear you. I don't mean to be argumentative. I respect your views.

Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    CBC/BOLD is going over board. They are showing everyone of 20 ladies final of 4CC. Including practice, it's 4 hours for Ladies Long. That is too much and it will be after midnight (2am EST) before I see the top contenders. Great that some of these skaters make the TV time they would not make even in their own countries. But geesh, it's almost too much.

Sorry, this might sound like gloating...for those of you desperately seeking a live stream somewhere. just say'ng
    Argghhhhhhh!!! You ARE gloating!! So lucky for you to be in Canada. I'm trying like 4 different SBS streams and no one's showing skating right now!! Oh well, at least there's the ISU results page...

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast