Johnny Weir's chances of medaling at the Olympics? | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir's chances of medaling at the Olympics?

What do you think of Johnny Weir's chances of medaling at the Olympics?

• Excellent

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Decent

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Average

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Nonexistent

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

Wicked

Final Flight
I say decent. I could see him playing spoiler for the bronze if others skate poorly and he keeps his head together.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I find it interesting that "decent" and "nonexistent" are tied. :biggrin: But I guess that's Johnny for you.

SweetPea21307

Rinkside
I voted for decent. I would love it if Johnny won a medal. IMO, there is no one else in the world who can skate as beautifully as Johnny Weir. Olympic medal or not, he will always be number 1 to me!

Bennett

Record Breaker
Poor in a sense that other ppl need to falter. If neither Dai, Nobu, Lambiel, Joubert, Abbott, Evan, nor Chan are clean whereas he is, he would medal. And this is likely to happen. There are no definite OM favorites this season except for Plushy.

dannyascii

On the Ice
I think the Olympics will be most interesting if everyone skates their best, and frankly, Johnny at his best is not currently up to par with Abbott, Oda, Plushenko...a lot of people really. Johnny medaling is dependent on others faltering, and I wouldn't want to see that.
Who knows though. Maybe he'll have the skate of his life.

Nadine

Record Breaker
A little off topic, but tonight I eagerly anticipated & watched part 4 of Johnny's new reality series! :thumbsup:

I can't express how much I love watching the series, as I think it's the first time I've ever seen the complete process a skater goes through being the best over a period of years. Totally fascinating & absorbing, makes me wish other skaters will get this opportunity to be documented. As a fan, it makes me respect & appreciate the skaters even more than I originally did so.

Back to Johnny, so Paris moved out, which I don't blame him, as Johnny really does need to have his entire focus be on the Olympic Year. Therefore, Paris actually did him a favor (btw I've been warming up to his friend over the past 4 episodes *smile*). Though it caused Johnny & his family to have to move him quickly to a less expensive apartment, in the end it all worked out (as we know almost a year later).

What I was really shocked about was learning that Johnny paid a ton of $$$$ to have choreographer David Wilson make him a new program. IMHO Johnny wasted his money big time, as I don't like either program (whomever did his "Pokerface" exhibition is the one whom deserves all the accolades). But then again maybe Galina might have had something to do with it, as in episode 4 it hints at Galina's power control & how she likes to change her skater's program to fit her style & satisfaction. Hmmm....

I honestly hope Johnny gets a ton of offers after the Olympics to do shows, et al, because he really deserves it. He supports not only himself, but also his family, and has to pay exorbitant fees for coaching, choreographers, agent, ice time, travel, house/home, family, friends (e.g. he paid Paris's living expenditures when he lived with him), etc. etc. etc. etc.

Here's hoping Johnny does well at the Olympics!

:love:GOOOOOOOOOOO JOHNNY!!!!:love:

Layfan

Record Breaker
A little off topic, but tonight I eagerly anticipated & watched part 4 of Johnny's new reality series! :thumbsup:

I can't express how much I love watching the series, as I think it's the first time I've ever seen the complete process a skater goes through being the best over a period of years. Totally fascinating & absorbing, makes me wish other skaters will get this opportunity to be documented. As a fan, it makes me respect & appreciate the skaters even more than I originally did so.

Back to Johnny, so Paris moved out, which I don't blame him, as Johnny really does need to have his entire focus be on the Olympic Year. Therefore, Paris actually did him a favor (btw I've been warming up to his friend over the past 4 episodes *smile*). Though it caused Johnny & his family to have to move him quickly to a less expensive apartment, in the end it all worked out (as we know almost a year later).

What I was really shocked about was learning that Johnny paid a ton of $$$$ to have choreographer David Wilson make him a new program. IMHO Johnny wasted his money big time, as I don't like either program (whomever did his "Pokerface" exhibition is the one whom deserves all the accolades). But then again maybe Galina might have had something to do with it, as in episode 4 it hints at Galina's power control & how she likes to change her skater's program to fit her style & satisfaction. Hmmm....

I honestly hope Johnny gets a ton of offers after the Olympics to do shows, et al, because he really deserves it. He supports not only himself, but also his family, and has to pay exorbitant fees for coaching, choreographers, agent, ice time, travel, house/home, family, friends (e.g. he paid Paris's living expenditures when he lived with him), etc. etc. etc. etc.

Here's hoping Johnny does well at the Olympics!

:love:GOOOOOOOOOOO JOHNNY!!!!:love:

I'm so jealous! I don't get that channel.... and the show has received good feedback from just about everyone. I really want Johnny to do well, too.