Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ?: What can we throw onto the ice after the performance?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    who pays/has so much money for one competition??30.000 euros is like a year income, lol!
    Torino was like 500 euros for mens fs and it was considered also expensive. Athens 2004 500 euros was the open ceremony.

Custom Title

Thumbs up

Well, I got Category A tickets, unobstructed view, lower bowl/close to the ice (for me to throw my stuffed elephant with attached jewelry for Evgeni after he skates, lol ). It took A LOT of hard work these past two weeks, but I finally managed it! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All legit & above board, complete with two phone references, profile reference, VANOC reference, more phone calls (direct), option to pick them up at his home, pictures/scans, attached emails, legitimate authorized invoice, etc. etc. etc. etc.

By the way, for those worried they might get taken for a ride concerning what i love to skate stated earlier about an unscrupulous VANOC seller re-selling their ticket twice, here is my seller's reply:

Regarding the warning you attached in your email, I think it's true that someone unscrupulous can sell their tickets twice -- once on the VANOC fan-2-fan site, and once selling the original hardcopy tickets. The deterrents to this seems to be 1.) VANOC withholds the funds from any fan-2-fan sale until April, and explicitly warn that if any ticket appears at a venue twice, you won't be paid, that you are liable for damages, etc. and that you may face criminal prosecution, and 2.) VANOC has my credit card and home address info. (they shipped my Phase 1 & 2 tickets to my home) so it would be impossible to hide! I know this, as I sold a ticket to Curling on the fan-2-fan site, and they sent me various warnings describing the above, including the attached email, which was enough to intimidate me!

I sincerely hope this helps anyone still trying to obtain tickets -- I wish you well, godspeed, and joy in your hunting -- you WILL find them!!!!

Custom Title
    I'd throw panties at Joubert.

Custom Title
    UPDATE:

Yippee!!!!

Today my EDL arrived (i.e. Enhanced Driver's License), which they said was supposed to take 2-3 weeks when I originally applied for it last Tuesday on February 2nd, thus I was worried it might arrive AFTER the 18th of February (i.e. the Mens Final). But I gambled anyway, taking that chance, by making arrangements & purchasing my tickets beforehand, and my risk paid off big time!

***Note: for those that don't have time to get their passport updated or get a brand new one (which can take 6-8 weeks & costs over a $100), the EDL is an inexpensive alternative at $15 & only takes 1 week to receive! Of course it can only be used at the border crossing if driving by car/truck (not plane). Also, it is only currently offered in 4 states -- Michigan, New York, Vermont, and Washington. For more info., click here: http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/lang_eng/eng_edl.html***

Also, yesterday I picked out the perfect elephant for Evgeni, with the help of my 12 yr. old baby niece & 6 yr. old baby nephew, in downtown Seattle at Seattle's oldest toy store! We had a BLAST playing with all the toys, going up & down all three flights of stairs, it seriously is way better than FAO Schwarz toy store. Lol, the elephant was just waiting for us (seriously), as it was the only one they had. A sign I say. *wink*

GOOOOOOOO EVGENI!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2