My cat attacked a hen | Golden Skate

My cat attacked a hen

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Hi guys,

I am the proud owner of a GORGEOUS British Shorthair. Her name is Iphigenia, and this feisty little cat likes to lacerate my hands. I'm a total cat person. I've had dogs in the past, but nothing beats having a cat on your lap as you read. I'm also very, very far from athletic, so I love that my cat equally hates a good workout.

The person who lives on the first floor (I live on the 2nd) raises chicken on a fenced patch of yard. I had noticed that my cat was often mesmerized ;) by the sight of hens picking at their feed, but I was lost for words when the person living on the first floor came up to me with a bleeding hen. That finally explained why my kitty returned home with what looked like a layer of clumsily-applied lipstick. At the time, I just thought the puny thing had fed on some raw meat I'd left out to defrost. Well, in the end, I had to pay for the chicken's hospital fee. Apparently, the owner raises them as pets, not food (which is very abnormal in China). I gave my little kitty a scolding, but I have the bad feeling that she will get at it again :biggrin:

So who else at GS has a cat story to share?

Last edited:

miki88

Medalist
Hi guys,

I am the proud owner of a GORGEOUS British Shorthair. Her name is Iphigenia, and this feisty little cat likes to lacerate my hands. I'm a total cat person. I've had dogs in the past, but nothing beats having a cat on your lap as you read. I'm also very, very far from athletic, so I love that my cat equally hates a good workout.

The person who lives on the first floor (I live on the 2nd) raises chicken on a fenced patch of yard. I had noticed that my cat was often mesmerized ;) by the sight of hens picking at their feed, but I was lost for words when the person living on the first floor came up to me with a bleeding hen. That finally explained why my kitty returned home with what looked like a layer of clumsily-applied lipstick. At the time, I just thought the puny thing had fed on some raw meat I'd left out to defrost. Well, in the end, I had to pay for the chicken's hospital fee. Apparently, the owner raises them as pets, not food (which is very abnormal in China). I gave my little kitty a scolding, but I have the bad feeling that she will get at it again :biggrin:

Photos of Iffy here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/46837439@N04/sets/72157623149193771/

So who else at GS has a cat story to share?

Nice kitty :) You live in China?

Blue Bead

Medalist
How did your cat get into the chickens' fenced yard? If the cat jumped over the top or climbed up the side the solution would be to put some sort of top on the chicken yard, if that's possible, anything to deter the cat from getting down into the chickens' yard.

Wicked

Final Flight
Your cat is cute and she looks tough, too! She looks like she gets up to mischief.