Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Biggest hopes for the Olympics

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post

No judging controversy in any discipline
    Inspiring skating in all disciplines where every skater skates up to or surpasses his/her full potential, thus making the competition in every discipline really exciting and really unpredictable.
    I hope the skaters who are most well-rounded technically and artistically win the medals in every discipline.
    I hope the skaters who are most well-rounded technically and artistically win the medals in every discipline.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Layfan, ITA with your #3 and #6. I'd love to see Tomas come out and skate like he's capable of skating. We haven't seen that all season.

Down With It
    Flatt and Nagasu to do their absolute best (in an ideal situation, this would translate to medals for one or both of them )

I wouldn't mind either if one of the US men or dance teams was able to get an OGM.

That's about it for me.

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    1) For Johnny Weir to skate cleanly, with all his intended combination jumps. For him to peak in Vancouver and have the skate of his career. If he skates to his best ability and he is satisfied with it, then that will be a dream come true in itself. A medal is secondary, but of course I want him to have one, preferably gold or silver. I also want him to be the highest placing American man in the event.

2) For Davis & White to win America's first OGM in Ice Dance.

3) For Apolo Anton Ohno to get another gold.

Those are my top 3 wishes, of course I have others but those are the most important to me.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    ummm, have you ever seen Evan's 3Axel?

My biggest hopes for the Olympics are:

Inspiring skating in all disciplines where every skater skates up to or surpasses his/her full potential, thus making the competition in every discipline really exciting and really unpredictable.
    I"ll check out his 3axel more carefully. Is it really bad though or just not as good as other people's?

Layfan, ITA with your #3 and #6. I'd love to see Tomas come out and skate like he's capable of skating. We haven't seen that all season.
    Thanks, and I realize that #3 and #6 could be contradictory with #2 but I've never said my hopes were rational.

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    I"ll check out his 3axel more carefully. Is it really bad though or just not as good as other people's?
    It's pretty bad...

Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    It's pretty bad...
    Okay I've watched. I can see he has trouble with it. But when he lands it it's hard for me to tell what's so bad. Is it he doesn't get much height or something? I've always been curious why people dislike Evan's skating so much. Mostly I just hear about the arm flapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Okay I've watched. I can see he has trouble with it. But when he lands it it's hard for me to tell what's so bad. Is it he doesn't get much height or something? I've always been curious why people dislike Evan's skating so much. Mostly I just hear about the arm flapping.
    It's his entry - he pre rotates and skids - so it isn't very good technique...

I'd love to see the unthinkable and have an American Men sweep of the podium

I want to see the US Pairs teams skate as well if not better than what they did in Spokane. There's no pressure to make the podium, so just go out and have fun and place well.

Tanith and Ben to find their magic again and blow away the world.

I want to see a real rivalry -on ice only- between Mao and Yuna. Bring it on girls - but I want Joannie to win!

and most of all I want to be able to enjoy the games with all of my friends on GS (old and new) so everyone PLEASE play nice!

Okay, I think I see that. Especially if I compare him to other skaters, like Weir. I mean, I can clearly tell that Weir's 3 axel is better (I looked for programs in which they both landed it of course) but I THINK I see what you are talking about. It's still tricky for me ... but fun!

BTW, I should mention that of course, I also hope that Kim Yuna has a brilliant performance because it is just so wonderful when she does. She's not perfect but who cares?

I'm looking for 'lesser' skaters to make a statement at the Games. The top skaters can battle it out for medals. (by 'lesser' I mean not too much in the limelight this season)

Men - Patrick Chan; Takahito Kozuka; Michal Brezina; Artem Borodulin;

Ladies - all of them except Mao and Yuna.

Pairs - Denny/Barrett; James/Bonheur; Evora/Ladwiq

Dance - Weaver/Poje - I love this team.

ANYONE ELSE YOU WILL BE INTERESTED IN WATCHING/

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Dance - Weaver/Poje - I love this team.
    They aren't going to the Olympics...

My biggest hopes for the Olympics are:

Here, here! Great skating, fair judging & no poor sportmanship (esp. whining and complaining after the event by the skaters about their placing, CoP, etc.)

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I'm looking for 'lesser' skaters to make a statement at the Games. The top skaters can battle it out for medals. (by 'lesser' I mean not too much in the limelight this season)

[snip]

Ladies - all of them except Mao and Yuna.

[snip]

ANYONE ELSE YOU WILL BE INTERESTED IN WATCHING/
    Of course. Our Olympic team For possibly the first time ever the US ladies skaters are complete underdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Of course. Our Olympic team For possibly the first time ever the US ladies skaters are complete underdogs.
    Definitely. I look forward to watching Yuna and Mao the most but after that it's definitely the American girls. I'll be interested to see if Rachael's consistency will get her a medal. In terms of just scoring potential, she could be in the mix. And I hope Mirai can make a statement in her first major international appearance.

It'll also be great to see what Joannie can do under pressure in her home country. She'll be in the spotlight almost as much, if not just as much, as Yuna Kim and Mao Asada.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast