Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Biggest hopes for the Olympics

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    That all the NBC commentators, especially Sandra Bezic, Scott Hamilton, Dick Button and Bob Costas, all get struck down by some wonderful disease that renders them unable to speak.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 01-31-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: remove objectionable word

Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    It's his entry - he pre rotates and skids - so it isn't very good technique...

It scares teh crap out of me every time he goes into it... even though nine times out of ten he lands it, I still almost bite a finger off (I get nervous/anxious and bite my knuckles)

Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    It's his entry - he pre rotates and skids - so it isn't very good technique...
    Maybe Evan can learn Patrick's great 3A technique - except for the falling down part

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Maybe Evan can learn Patrick's great 3A technique - except for the falling down part
    I was responding to a poster's question - they asked what was wrong with his technique and I answered. Again, you feel the need to bring down other skaters (who have nothing to do with the discussion) for some reason...
    Last edited by i love to skate; 02-07-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Custom Title
    Plushenko will be on the podium, so I am not worrying about it. My biggest hope is Brian Joubert's on the podium.

Custom Title
    1. At least one of the next generation skaters in the top ten in each event.
    2. Brian Joubert not on the podium
    3. Fair judging. And barring that, judging that gives my favourites the results I want (just kidding, but lets be honest, with some of us, it's hard to tell the difference).
    4. Virtue and Moir on top of the podium, Davis and White second. Massive group hug from the four.
    5. Lambiel landing both triple axels. Clean. Winning gold.
    6. Takakashi landing both triple axels. Clean. Winning gold.
    7. Chan landing both triple axels. Clean. Winning gold.
    8. A Barnstorm of a ladies competition, in the following order (long program)
    a) Flatt skates first and lays down a good program. Maybe a bronze medal worthy program on a good night.
    b) Ando skates next. Skates well. Doesn't matter where she ends up. I don't want her to medal, but I don't have schadenfraude for anyone not named Joubert.
    c) Asada skates next. Lands both triple axels beautifully and overtakes first.
    d) Rochette skates next, and has a SOHL. All seven triples, great footwork. Even people who don't like her connect to her performance. She overtakes first.
    e) Kim gives a SOHL. Takes first.
    f) Suzuki gives a SOHL. Takes third

Also, great performances from Lepisto, Meier and Kostner.

9. Two clean programs from Verner. Just imagine it if he does that.
    10. OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS, XUE SHEN AND HONGBO ZHAO

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    3. Fair judging. And barring that, judging that gives my favourites the results I want (just kidding, but lets be honest, with some of us, it's hard to tell the difference).
    4. Virtue and Moir on top of the podium, Davis and White second. Massive group hug from the four.
    a) Flatt skates first and lays down a good program. Maybe a bronze medal worthy program on a good night.
    b) Ando skates next. Skates well. Doesn't matter where she ends up. I don't want her to medal, but I don't have schadenfraude for anyone not named Joubert.
    d) Rochette skates next, and has a SOHL. All seven triples, great footwork. Even people who don't like her connect to her performance. She overtakes first.

Very vivid scenarios with the skating order!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post

Wow if this could only come true, it would make for a great exciting Olympic figure skating event.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    That all the NBC commentators, especially Sandra Bezic, Scott Hamilton, Dick Button and Bob Costas, all get struck down by some wonderful disease that renders them unable to speak.

Very funny! Except that this were to happen NBC will take no time to replace them with another set of talking heads.... I don't mind the commentators. It would be really weird watching figure skating without them.

Rinkside
    1. Lysacek medals.
    2. Takahashi skates well.
    3. Abbott skates well.
    4. Ando wins gold.
    5. Nagasu skates well.
    6. Gedevanishvili skates well.
    7. Shen/Zhao win gold.
    8. Pang/Tong medal.
    9. Bonheur/James skate well.
    10. Belbin/Agosto medal (not happening).

Excuse me, but what does this thread add that isn't already in dream podiums/nightmare podiums?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Buttercup
    Excuse me, but what does this thread add that isn't already in dream podiums/nightmare podiums?
    My biggest hope was that I wont burn the popcorn!
    That would be a disaster of Olympics for me!

Mao lands three clean 3As and other jumps.
    Caro finally clean.
    Miki lands 3-3 and 2-3.
    Mirai rotates all of her triple jumps.
    Akiko has skates of her life (she has done many times this season already).
    Lepisto finally clean.
    Johnny does and lands combos.
    Tomas finally has clean programs, hopefully two, but one clean LP is still greatly appreciated (has he ever skated a clean LP??? Being a big fan, I cannot recall one).
    Chan does not mess up.
    Nobu lands a quad and perform in a more relaxing manner.
    Dai lands a quad and other jumps.
    Taka lands a quad and does not mess up.
    Joannie has two clean programs.
    Yuna finally sells her LP to its full potential.

I love this thread! Throwing stuff already said at the nightmare thread.

1) No splatfests or judging controversies!
    2) Stephane, Jeremy, or Daisuke medaling.
    3) Plushenko not winning gold (even though it looks like he's gonna win again).
    4) Weir skating with a platinum wig (to complete the Gaga look) during his exhibition!
    5) An amazing final flight for the ladies. I wanna see some SOYL performances from Mao, Miki, JoRo, Akiko, and Yu-Na.
    6) Mirai making the final flight with the ladies stated at #5 and fully rotating her jumps.
    7) Massive group hug if there's a NA sweep in Ice Dance. But if it's just Marina/Igor's kids (Vior and Marlie), I'll be happy to see that.
    8) Barbra Ann Scott presenting the medals to the ladies!
    9) Shen and Zhao winning gold!
    10) A reaction from Joubert when he doesn't medal and someone who doesn't have a quad does.
    11) For Senorita, no burned popcorn and Plushy skating to "Bad Romance"
    12) For Scott and Sandra to STFU when it looks like it's gonna be a magical skate. Also no nitpicking from Uncle Dicky. It gets annoying sometimes! Gimmie Nicky Slater from Eurosport any day! Heck even PK Kwong is better than Scottie and Sandy!
    13) Most of all, everyone skating to their potential!
    Last edited by ARipp42014; 02-08-2010 at 10:36 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    11) For Senorita, no burned popcorn and Plushy skating to "Bad Romance"
    Oh thanks I m honored! :D That would make me ultra happy even if your number 3 does happen which I m prepared for this anyway!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast