Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67

Thread: Biggest hopes for the Olympics

  1. #31
    Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    646
    That all the NBC commentators, especially Sandra Bezic, Scott Hamilton, Dick Button and Bob Costas, all get struck down by some wonderful disease that renders them unable to speak.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 01-31-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: remove objectionable word

  2. #32
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,728
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    It's his entry - he pre rotates and skids - so it isn't very good technique...

    It scares teh crap out of me every time he goes into it... even though nine times out of ten he lands it, I still almost bite a finger off (I get nervous/anxious and bite my knuckles)

  3. #33
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    It's his entry - he pre rotates and skids - so it isn't very good technique...
    Maybe Evan can learn Patrick's great 3A technique - except for the falling down part

  4. #34
    Rink Rat i love to skate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Maybe Evan can learn Patrick's great 3A technique - except for the falling down part
    I was responding to a poster's question - they asked what was wrong with his technique and I answered. Again, you feel the need to bring down other skaters (who have nothing to do with the discussion) for some reason...
    Last edited by i love to skate; 02-07-2010 at 04:25 PM.

  5. #35
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,560
    Plushenko will be on the podium, so I am not worrying about it. My biggest hope is Brian Joubert's on the podium.

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    1. At least one of the next generation skaters in the top ten in each event.
    2. Brian Joubert not on the podium
    3. Fair judging. And barring that, judging that gives my favourites the results I want (just kidding, but lets be honest, with some of us, it's hard to tell the difference).
    4. Virtue and Moir on top of the podium, Davis and White second. Massive group hug from the four.
    5. Lambiel landing both triple axels. Clean. Winning gold.
    6. Takakashi landing both triple axels. Clean. Winning gold.
    7. Chan landing both triple axels. Clean. Winning gold.
    8. A Barnstorm of a ladies competition, in the following order (long program)
    a) Flatt skates first and lays down a good program. Maybe a bronze medal worthy program on a good night.
    b) Ando skates next. Skates well. Doesn't matter where she ends up. I don't want her to medal, but I don't have schadenfraude for anyone not named Joubert.
    c) Asada skates next. Lands both triple axels beautifully and overtakes first.
    d) Rochette skates next, and has a SOHL. All seven triples, great footwork. Even people who don't like her connect to her performance. She overtakes first.
    e) Kim gives a SOHL. Takes first.
    f) Suzuki gives a SOHL. Takes third

    Also, great performances from Lepisto, Meier and Kostner.

    9. Two clean programs from Verner. Just imagine it if he does that.
    10. OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS, XUE SHEN AND HONGBO ZHAO

  7. #37
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    1. At least one of the next generation skaters in the top ten in each event.
    2. Brian Joubert not on the podium
    3. Fair judging. And barring that, judging that gives my favourites the results I want (just kidding, but lets be honest, with some of us, it's hard to tell the difference).
    4. Virtue and Moir on top of the podium, Davis and White second. Massive group hug from the four.
    5. Lambiel landing both triple axels. Clean. Winning gold.
    6. Takakashi landing both triple axels. Clean. Winning gold.
    7. Chan landing both triple axels. Clean. Winning gold.
    8. A Barnstorm of a ladies competition, in the following order (long program)
    a) Flatt skates first and lays down a good program. Maybe a bronze medal worthy program on a good night.
    b) Ando skates next. Skates well. Doesn't matter where she ends up. I don't want her to medal, but I don't have schadenfraude for anyone not named Joubert.
    c) Asada skates next. Lands both triple axels beautifully and overtakes first.
    d) Rochette skates next, and has a SOHL. All seven triples, great footwork. Even people who don't like her connect to her performance. She overtakes first.
    e) Kim gives a SOHL. Takes first.
    f) Suzuki gives a SOHL. Takes third

    Also, great performances from Lepisto, Meier and Kostner.

    9. Two clean programs from Verner. Just imagine it if he does that.
    10. OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS, XUE SHEN AND HONGBO ZHAO
    Very vivid scenarios with the skating order!

  8. #38
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    1. At least one of the next generation skaters in the top ten in each event.
    2. Brian Joubert not on the podium
    3. Fair judging. And barring that, judging that gives my favourites the results I want (just kidding, but lets be honest, with some of us, it's hard to tell the difference).
    4. Virtue and Moir on top of the podium, Davis and White second. Massive group hug from the four.
    5. Lambiel landing both triple axels. Clean. Winning gold.
    6. Takakashi landing both triple axels. Clean. Winning gold.
    7. Chan landing both triple axels. Clean. Winning gold.
    8. A Barnstorm of a ladies competition, in the following order (long program)
    a) Flatt skates first and lays down a good program. Maybe a bronze medal worthy program on a good night.
    b) Ando skates next. Skates well. Doesn't matter where she ends up. I don't want her to medal, but I don't have schadenfraude for anyone not named Joubert.
    c) Asada skates next. Lands both triple axels beautifully and overtakes first.
    d) Rochette skates next, and has a SOHL. All seven triples, great footwork. Even people who don't like her connect to her performance. She overtakes first.
    e) Kim gives a SOHL. Takes first.
    f) Suzuki gives a SOHL. Takes third

    Also, great performances from Lepisto, Meier and Kostner.

    9. Two clean programs from Verner. Just imagine it if he does that.
    10. OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS, XUE SHEN AND HONGBO ZHAO
    Wow if this could only come true, it would make for a great exciting Olympic figure skating event.

  9. #39
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    That all the NBC commentators, especially Sandra Bezic, Scott Hamilton, Dick Button and Bob Costas, all get struck down by some wonderful disease that renders them unable to speak.


    Very funny! Except that this were to happen NBC will take no time to replace them with another set of talking heads.... I don't mind the commentators. It would be really weird watching figure skating without them.

  10. #40
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    12
    1. Lysacek medals.
    2. Takahashi skates well.
    3. Abbott skates well.
    4. Ando wins gold.
    5. Nagasu skates well.
    6. Gedevanishvili skates well.
    7. Shen/Zhao win gold.
    8. Pang/Tong medal.
    9. Bonheur/James skate well.
    10. Belbin/Agosto medal (not happening).

  11. #41
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,455
    Excuse me, but what does this thread add that isn't already in dream podiums/nightmare podiums?

  12. #42
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,581
    Buttercup
    Excuse me, but what does this thread add that isn't already in dream podiums/nightmare podiums?
    My biggest hope was that I wont burn the popcorn!
    That would be a disaster of Olympics for me!

  13. #43
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Mao lands three clean 3As and other jumps.
    Caro finally clean.
    Miki lands 3-3 and 2-3.
    Mirai rotates all of her triple jumps.
    Akiko has skates of her life (she has done many times this season already).
    Lepisto finally clean.
    Johnny does and lands combos.
    Tomas finally has clean programs, hopefully two, but one clean LP is still greatly appreciated (has he ever skated a clean LP??? Being a big fan, I cannot recall one).
    Chan does not mess up.
    Nobu lands a quad and perform in a more relaxing manner.
    Dai lands a quad and other jumps.
    Taka lands a quad and does not mess up.
    Joannie has two clean programs.
    Yuna finally sells her LP to its full potential.

  14. #44
    Comeback Queen! ARipp42014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,492
    I love this thread! Throwing stuff already said at the nightmare thread.

    1) No splatfests or judging controversies!
    2) Stephane, Jeremy, or Daisuke medaling.
    3) Plushenko not winning gold (even though it looks like he's gonna win again).
    4) Weir skating with a platinum wig (to complete the Gaga look) during his exhibition!
    5) An amazing final flight for the ladies. I wanna see some SOYL performances from Mao, Miki, JoRo, Akiko, and Yu-Na.
    6) Mirai making the final flight with the ladies stated at #5 and fully rotating her jumps.
    7) Massive group hug if there's a NA sweep in Ice Dance. But if it's just Marina/Igor's kids (Vior and Marlie), I'll be happy to see that.
    8) Barbra Ann Scott presenting the medals to the ladies!
    9) Shen and Zhao winning gold!
    10) A reaction from Joubert when he doesn't medal and someone who doesn't have a quad does.
    11) For Senorita, no burned popcorn and Plushy skating to "Bad Romance"
    12) For Scott and Sandra to STFU when it looks like it's gonna be a magical skate. Also no nitpicking from Uncle Dicky. It gets annoying sometimes! Gimmie Nicky Slater from Eurosport any day! Heck even PK Kwong is better than Scottie and Sandy!
    13) Most of all, everyone skating to their potential!
    Last edited by ARipp42014; 02-08-2010 at 10:36 AM.

  15. #45
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,581
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    11) For Senorita, no burned popcorn and Plushy skating to "Bad Romance"
    Oh thanks I m honored! :D That would make me ultra happy even if your number 3 does happen which I m prepared for this anyway!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •