Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Biggest hopes for the Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Oh thanks I m honored! :D That would make me ultra happy even if your number 3 does happen which I m prepared for this anyway!
    We'll send you some fresh popcorn to you for the Men's Free Skate! Buttered? Unsalted?

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    I interpreted this thread to mean the whole Olympics, not just figure skating... which explains my #3 wish about Apolo!

that all the nbc commentators, especially sandra bezic, scott hamilton, dick button and bob costas, all get struck down by some wonderful disease that renders them unable to speak.

Or that at least Scott gets a sore throat and can't yell. He's a sweet guy but I can't take two hours of that.

What I want for the Olympics is great skating & solid judging. I truly hope it does not come down to a TES vs. PCS battle in the men's event (again) but I think it might. Hoping for an Olys for the Canadian contingent like the last Olys in Canada, where they skated their best and and really inspired Canadians.
    Last edited by Sk8n Mama; 02-08-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Mao lands three clean 3As and other jumps.
    Caro finally clean.
    Miki lands 3-3 and 2-3.
    Mirai rotates all of her triple jumps.
    Akiko has skates of her life (she has done many times this season already).
    Lepisto finally clean.
    Johnny does and lands combos.
    Tomas finally has clean programs, hopefully two, but one clean LP is still greatly appreciated (has he ever skated a clean LP??? Being a big fan, I cannot recall one).
    Chan does not mess up.
    Nobu lands a quad and perform in a more relaxing manner.
    Dai lands a quad and other jumps.
    Taka lands a quad and does not mess up.
    Joannie has two clean programs.
    Yuna finally sells her LP to its full potential.
    That sounds like heaven, but GS will be infernal for years with constant bickering over the results.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrlmy View Post
    That sounds like heaven, but GS will be infernal for years with constant bickering over the results.
    Yup, careful for what you wish for.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Oh please, there were be people who complain no matter what happens. I expect that there will be youtube videos on the winner's supposedly URs that the judges miss after the event.

Shoe Diva
    My wishes for the Games include:

Shen & Zhao finally winning the gold with Belbin & Agosto doing the same
    Mirai skating lights out
    Joubert winning the gold
    Johnny on the podium
    Miki being the superstar I know she is
    Fair judging
    Fans keeping the "wuzrobbed" to a minimum...

And of course, lots of fresh popcorn for Senorita with lots of mojitos for moi

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Lol kwanwife you rock

send some mojitos my way please, it 's just occurred me that the competition will be much more easier to handle if drunk a little! By the end of the Lp and medal ceremony i might be singing the anthem (whatever that will be)
    I ll send some popcorn back!

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    One of my big hopes for the Olys is to see more coverage of many different sports that I don't normally see, like ski jumping and biathlon. I love the Olympics and would watch any sport in it. If they had Olympic tiddlywinks, I would be there (I'd probably be the only one there, but I'd be there)!

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Lol kwanwife you rock

send some mojitos my way please, it 's just occurred me that the competition will be much more easier to handle if drunk a little! By the end of the Lp and medal ceremony i might be singing the anthem (whatever that will be)
    I ll send some popcorn back!

Popcorn and mojitos!!!!! Woohoo. It's done. That will definitely be on the menu for me and the two friends I've managed to get interested in figure skating this year.

Thanks Kwanford and Seniorita.

ARipp: Salted. No butter.

Maybe I'll after a couple of mojitos I won't be so nervous when Yuna and Joannie step onto the ice ... and when the two American girls go out there.

Custom Title
    Tomas is clean and medals, shows the world he IS that good (I can hope!)

Mirai and Akiko have great performances and become BFFs

Brian Joubert medals so there will be lots of pictures of him and his hot body

Yuna wins OGM, because she deserves it

Miki and Mao give Yuna a run for her money

Carolina and Laura do their triples

Jeremy wins OGM and beats Plushenko!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Sorry I laugh, but sometimes people are so focused on plush gets beaten that dont see
    the most obvious actually, that if Jeremy -or any skater - wins the gold, well basically ...he will have beaten everybody!
    Last edited by seniorita; 02-09-2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: change vocabulary!

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Popcorn and mojitos!!!!! Woohoo. It's done. That will definitely be on the menu for me and the two friends I've managed to get interested in figure skating this year.

Thanks Kwanford and Seniorita.

ARipp: Salted. No butter.

Maybe I'll after a couple of mojitos I won't be so nervous when Yuna and Joannie step onto the ice ... and when the two American girls go out there.
    Fine just salted. But if anyone wants some butter, we'll have it on the side. I can just imagine PBP will be this weekend!

Speaking of which... who wants to start a drinking game?

Silverlake, I think you're hoping he'll run around the Olympic Village with nothing but pants on. After all, Vancouver is not really having a winter. Speaking of which... can us East Coasters donate our tons of snow to Vancouver? After all, we're getting another monster snow storm on Wednesday! LOL

Here's another hope for the Olympics (and that applies to all the athletes)... no terrorist attack or bombs (ala '72 Munich or '96 Atlanta). Everyone should have a great time and enjoy the Olympic spirit... even though it's gonna cost the city of Vancouver oodles of mullah!

Sorry I laugh, but sometimes people are so focused on plush gets beaten that dont see
    the most obvious actually, that if Jeremy -or any skater - wins the gold, well basically ...he will have beaten everybody!
    Look at the bright side, win or lose, we might get a repeat of this at the Pacific Coliseum: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRAYhwmVqEY

Bring on the velveeta!

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Look at the bright side, win or lose, we might get a repeat of this at the Pacific Coliseum: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRAYhwmVqEY

Bring on the velveeta!

I think my brain just melted. No mojito will get me through that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast