15 5.38%
  • 8 Alena

2 0.72%
  • 9 Julia

1 0.36%
  • 10 Rachael

11 3.94%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Choose your Favorite Female skater in Top ISU ranker.

Rinkside

Choose your Favorite Female skater in Top ISU ranker.

• Yuna
    • Carolina
    • Mao
    • Laura
    • Joannie
    • Akiko
    • Miki
    • Alena
    • Julia
    • Rachael

Joannie gets my vote

Rinkside
    Apart from Yuna's excellent skating technique & fantasti artistry, the reason why she is so much loved is her wonderful personality -
    Yuna is cool, honest, modest, generous, warm-hearted , composed , kind , smart and even funny :D
    Last edited by dorothea; 01-31-2010 at 03:16 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorothea View Post
    Apart from Yuna's excellent skating technique & fantasti artistry, the reason why she is so much loved is her wonderful personality -
    Yuna is cool, honest, modest, generous, warm-hearted , composed , kind , smart and even funny :D

I agree Yuna is all that, however, so are most of the other skaters!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    I agree Yuna is all that, however, so are most of the other skaters!
    Maybe Yes, but, Yuna is special IMO
    Last edited by csunny7; 02-13-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by csunny7 View Post
    Maybe Yes, but, Yuna is special IMO :
    So are a lot of these skaters~~~^_^

Rinkside
    Wow. many guys voted for Yuna!
    So did I.
    I think she is a real champion.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    So are a lot of these skaters~~~^_^
    Oh, I just think of Yuna's generosity and genuiness - She has helped a lot of junior skaters in her country, and I heard her young Olympic partner in Vancouver received scholarship from Yuna, too. She also donated lots of money for those who suffering from disaster. I don't think this kind of graciousnes is common for any successful sports stars.
    Moreover, Yuna is very considerate and never puts false pretense , which is what I like most about her personality.
    Frankly, I don't know every skater's personality very well. I've just loved Yuna's absolutly beautiful skating and she became my favorite skater. -- So I've paid more attention to her and got to know her better. I don't have enough time and energy to know all other skaters' characteristics. Anyway, If most skaters are like Yuna, I'm so happy to hear that. What a beautiful skating world!
    Last edited by csunny7; 02-13-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by csunny7 View Post
    Oh, I just think of Yuna's generosity and genuiness - She has helped a lot of junior skaters in her country, and I heard her young Olympic partner in Vancouver received scholarship from Yuna, too. She also donated lots of money for those who suffering from disaster. I don't think this kind of graciousnes is common for any successful sports stars.
    Moreover, Yuna is very considerate and never puts false pretense , which is what I like most about her personality.
    Frankly, I don't know every skater's personality very well. I've just loved Yuna's absolutly beautiful skating and she became my favorite skater. -- So I've paid more attention to her and got to know her better. I don't have enough time and energy to know all other skaters' characteristics. Anyway, If most skaters are like Yuna, I'm so happy to hear that. What a beautiful skating world!
    ~
    Last edited by dorothea; 02-15-2010 at 12:57 AM.

Custom Title
    Yu-na, without a doubt. I've always had a soft spot for figure skating (and rhythmic gymnastics) even though personally, I strongly dislike doing sports myself since I'm completely and utterly athletically inept. I've watched Michelle Kwan on TV like many other girls and Shizuka and Mao, but Yu-na... there's just something about her skating that just utterly captivates me. I know there's people always going "Oh, she's so emotionless, oh, she overacts" but frankly, I love her artistry and emotions and grace. It's completely beautiful. The first program I watched was Danse Macabre and I was like "Holy crap, what a skater!" And then I searched up other videos... and it was complete love. Yu-na, the first figure skater I'm seriously a fan/admirer/spazzer over ;D

Tripping on the Podium
    Definitely Mao. She's such a special skater!

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I voted for Yu-Na. Based on her results over the last two seasons, I can't figure out why Carolina is ranked so high. I didn't think she'd be top ten at this point.

Rinkside
    Yuna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    She is so amazing. With Injury free, she is all time no.1. Please don't retire

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    I voted for Carolina, but I liked the ladies skaters of the early 2000s much better. (Cohen, Slutskaya, Hughes, Kirk, Suguri, etc.) better than these days'.

Rinkside
    Laura.
    Not just because she is from Finland, but she´s also incredibly good skater, though Mao and Yu-na are at the level above with their skating.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast