Men Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men Free Skate

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol, I didn't know whom to root for to win, felt conflicted because I predict Adam Rippon will be the 2014 Olympic Champion (also he's American like me), but I feel for the young grasshopper Kevin Reynolds. He did very good, earned a medal, and can go home proud of his effort, with his head held high (wow, he just barely edged out American Brandon Mroz for the bronze by less than a 1/2 pt!).:eek:

:love:CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE MEDALISTS!!!!:love:

Last edited:

betoncookie

Rinkside
Yes, even with tonight's performance, he should be going to the Olympics. Surely to God the ability to do two quads in combination, triple triples, along with everything else that he can do should count for something. He's a really unique entity. Good for him for gutting it out tonight when so many others would have given up. I'll tell you one thing, if I hear either man we are sending say " I'm just happy to be here", you'll hear me lose it all the way from Vegreville.

aurora100

Final Flight
Yes, even with tonight's performance, he should be going to the Olympics. Surely to God the ability to do two quads in combination, triple triples, along with everything else that he can do should count for something. He's a really unique entity. Good for him for gutting it out tonight when so many others would have given up. I'll tell you one thing, if I hear either man we are sending say " I'm just happy to be here", you'll hear me lose it all the way from Vegreville.

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.:rock::rock::rock:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Reynolds underrotated the 4T, underrotated and fell on the 3A, doubled the flutz in combo, and fell on a 3T. If he couldn't hold his nerves together at 4CC, I can't imagine what he would do in Vancouver under pressure of skating on home ice. Kevin has never fared well with the ISU judges and tech panels (although Chipeur had two dreadful GP events) because he consistently URs, has sloppy landings, and his presentation is still not quite on a par with the top men.

Quads aren't the key to success unless they are completely rotated and the other jumps are rotated and landed well with good flowout. Kevin needs more guidance than his current coach can possibly provide.

Moxie

On the Ice
Has Reynolds improved his carriage across the ice? That drove me mad the last time I saw him.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Reynolds underrotated the 4T, underrotated and fell on the 3A, doubled the flutz in combo, and fell on a 3T. If he couldn't hold his nerves together at 4CC, I can't imagine what he would do in Vancouver under pressure of skating on home ice. Kevin has never fared well with the ISU judges and tech panels (although Chipeur had two dreadful GP events) because he consistently URs, has sloppy landings, and his presentation is still not quite on a par with the top men.

Quads aren't the key to success unless they are completely rotated and the other jumps are rotated and landed well with good flowout. Kevin needs more guidance than his current coach can possibly provide.

I really hope he leaves McLeod soon as well. I don't mean that as a horrible slight against her, just that this is about as far as she can take a skater on the international level. She helped build the base, but he needs someone more experienced to help unleash more of that potential.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to the podium finishers. YAY for Adam. He must have had quite a skate to come from 7th to win Gold. Sorry for Ryan I was rooting for him to medal here.

Off to look for my magnifying glass . This tiny print is driving me craaazy. lol

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Congrats to Adam!!!! Looks like he's getting 3A down. That bodes well for the future. Maybe he can try to add a quad somewhere in the future. Even though he didn't medal, congrats to Ryan Bradley for another good free skate. He just needs more consistency and speed. Reynolds just needs more consistency. Don't know much about Machida and didn't stay up to watch the men's free skate so I look forward to watching it on YT if possible. Good job to everyone, especially the Americans who had to fly so soon after their nationals to compete here. Too bad about Dennis Ten... I hope he can get more consistent with his jumps.

figuristka

Medalist
Adam Rippon was my predicted winner the same as alot of you. Iam so glad he put in such a great free. Shawn sawyer i expected to be higher but he also came back strong in his free , though overall didn't end up quite high enough. He medalled at SA so he had it in him to skate a great free program. I hope i still get to see Shawn skate next season. Ryan Bradley moved up, though with Kevin iam always slightly disappointed when someone has a strong short and its so high it holds them up to medal even with a poor free, but Kevin did skate so well at Nationals in the free so does have it in him. Though didn't seem to bold well for him having been the favourite after the short.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I just logged on, so I am a little late. Nice going Adam!!!! Talk about a come-back!!!
Thay should make you first alternate for the Olympics.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Needed sleep, so went to bed before the competition was over, hoping Adam would win. I really like his skating style. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Off to look for my magnifying glass . This tiny print is driving me craaazy. lol

the only small print I have is in the quick reply box, is that what you're referring to or is all of the text small?

(Paula's working to fix all the kinks, btw! Give her time the new version of vbulletin is still pretty new!)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
the only small print I have is in the quick reply box, is that what you're referring to or is all of the text small?

(Paula's working to fix all the kinks, btw! Give her time the new version of vbulletin is still pretty new!)

Small text in the quick reply, advanced reply and quote reply. Text in my actual post is fine.
I appreciate Paula's hard work and patience is my middle name.

oakl0008

Rinkside
Shawn Sawyer's SP and LP videos??

Hey all. Hope you all enjoyed 4CC's. So happy for Rippon, Bradley and Sawyer!

This may be a bit much, but if you don't mind, does anyone have, or know of, videos of Shawn Sawyer's Short and Long Programs at 4CC that I could download? There is nothing on youtube and I am anxious both of those lovely performances again (both the sskating and his fabulousness in the kiss and cry)!

If anyone can help, that would be so appreciated!

figuristka

Medalist
Not yet found Shawn's free either which iam hoping to see. Though the Canadian's ladies have now appeared so hopefully soon.

oakl0008

Rinkside
Is that on youtube that you found those? Thanks for the tidbit figuristka! yes, hopefully soon!