Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Men Free Skate

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    the only small print I have is in the quick reply box, is that what you're referring to or is all of the text small?

(Paula's working to fix all the kinks, btw! Give her time the new version of vbulletin is still pretty new!)
    Small text in the quick reply, advanced reply and quote reply. Text in my actual post is fine.
    I appreciate Paula's hard work and patience is my middle name.

Tripping on the Podium

Shawn Sawyer's SP and LP videos??

Hey all. Hope you all enjoyed 4CC's. So happy for Rippon, Bradley and Sawyer!

This may be a bit much, but if you don't mind, does anyone have, or know of, videos of Shawn Sawyer's Short and Long Programs at 4CC that I could download? There is nothing on youtube and I am anxious both of those lovely performances again (both the sskating and his fabulousness in the kiss and cry)!

If anyone can help, that would be so appreciated!

Not yet found Shawn's free either which iam hoping to see. Though the Canadian's ladies have now appeared so hopefully soon.

Tripping on the Podium
    Is that on youtube that you found those? Thanks for the tidbit figuristka! yes, hopefully soon!

Quote Originally Posted by oakl0008 View Post
    Is that on youtube that you found those? Thanks for the tidbit figuristka! yes, hopefully soon!
    Yes, just put in the skater's name and 4cc and it should come up. Someone please put up Shawn's for us

oakl0008
    check your private mail.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Reynolds underrotated the 4T, underrotated and fell on the 3A, doubled the flutz in combo, and fell on a 3T. If he couldn't hold his nerves together at 4CC, I can't imagine what he would do in Vancouver under pressure of skating on home ice. Kevin has never fared well with the ISU judges and tech panels (although Chipeur had two dreadful GP events) because he consistently URs, has sloppy landings, and his presentation is still not quite on a par with the top men.

Quads aren't the key to success unless they are completely rotated and the other jumps are rotated and landed well with good flowout. Kevin needs more guidance than his current coach can possibly provide.
    I definitely agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Adam Rippon was my predicted winner the same as alot of you. Iam so glad he put in such a great free. Shawn sawyer i expected to be higher but he also came back strong in his free , though overall didn't end up quite high enough. He medalled at SA so he had it in him to skate a great free program. I hope i still get to see Shawn skate next season. Ryan Bradley moved up, though with Kevin iam always slightly disappointed when someone has a strong short and its so high it holds them up to medal even with a poor free, but Kevin did skate so well at Nationals in the free so does have it in him. Though didn't seem to bold well for him having been the favourite after the short.
    I've been wondering if Shawn is going to skate next season. I like him and want him to, but he has been around a long time and is 25 so I was wondering if he wanted to retire even though no one's said anything about it.

I would love to see him back next season too. His free program at 4cc was about the best ive seen him skate. So glad i was able to view it. He had a fully rotated 3 axel, and i think this element has improved though he did have slightly a 2 footed landing. If he could get this clean, i think he could have quite a good season next year. Perhaps Chiper might even retire. Both Rippon and Shawn Sawyer's free program are worth watching at 4cc.

Any links?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakl0008 View Post
    Hey all. Hope you all enjoyed 4CC's. So happy for Rippon, Bradley and Sawyer!
    who won???ryan??:D

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    I would love to see him back next season too. His free program at 4cc was about the best ive seen him skate. So glad i was able to view it. He had a fully rotated 3 axel, and i think this element has improved though he did have slightly a 2 footed landing. If he could get this clean, i think he could have quite a good season next year. Perhaps Chiper might even retire. Both Rippon and Shawn Sawyer's free program are worth watching at 4cc.
    I do wonder if one last season is in the cards? Someone on another forum was comparing Bradley's and Sawyer's Amadeus programs and saying that Bradley "sold it better". While Bradley's was indeed amazing, and he deserved the marks he received, both programs are different and incomparable in that regard. Both skaters are different temperaments.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I've been wondering if Shawn is going to skate next season. I like him and want him to, but he has been around a long time and is 25 so I was wondering if he wanted to retire even though no one's said anything about it.
    I also wonder if it would be better for Sawyer to leave now on a good note. His seasons in the last few years were up and down and this was one of the few times it ended relatively "well" with that great free program. Whatever Sawyer does I just hope he's around for a long long time with more great work.

He had mentioned wanting to pursue an art career, although I don't know how far he could take that, especially in this economy. If he plays his cards right, it could work out. Apparently a few of his paintings are Modigliani inspired. I wish he'd post some of his work on a website already! Hurry up Shawn! Your fans are waiting! :D

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    who won???ryan??:D
    Adam Rippon won, in stellar fashion. Ryan Bradley and Shawn Sawyer also had great free skates.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Adam Rippon won, in stellar fashion. Ryan Bradley
    wow, adam???From 7th place???Wow! And Bradley second???I ll search the videos!

Now, why these two could not have this skate at nationals?(frustration emoticon)

Custom Title
    Any links to Rippon's FS yet? I'm dying to see the performance that vaulted him from 7th to win the gold. Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post

Now, why these two could not have this skate at nationals?(frustration emoticon)
    um... Bradley had a FANTASTIC LP skate at Nationals... the reason he didn't make the team was he bombed the SP (and according to reports he did the almost exact same thing here at 4CCs)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast