Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Men Free Skate

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    oh yes, i forgot about his LP at nationals! Still sad he is not on the team! He would spice up the Olys for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    um... Bradley had a FANTASTIC LP skate at Nationals... the reason he didn't make the team was he bombed the SP (and according to reports he did the almost exact same thing here at 4CCs)
    Yeah, it was pretty much the same, and I think the one jump he messed up was even the same, the triple axel.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I definitely agree with this.
    I also agree with some of it. I do not see consistently sloppy landings from Reynolds but he has had his fair share of them. As for holding his nerves together at the Olympics, one of the greatest skaters ever was a chronic Olympics underachiever, and that's Kurt Browning. Sometimes it all boils down to the day. Liz Manning was so stressed out during much of her career that her hair started falling out. But who will ever forget that magical skate she had in 88 in Calgary.Canada has never produced ( thank God) cookie cutter skaters technically or artistically in the Men's events. We gave the world the likes of Don Jackson, Toller Cranston, Gary Beacom, Brian Pockar, Kurt Browning, Elvis Stoyko and Jeff Buttle plus so many others who were innovative, creative and unbelievably athletic. Everyone of them were pioneers on some level. So could Reynolds hold it together when it counts? I don't know the answer to that. And I don't think even Kevin knows, much less his coach. I wish him well in the future, and can only hope that the skaters we DO send to Vancouver control their nerves and give the performances of a lifetime.GO CANADA!

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdongxie View Post
    performancewise i see adam developing into a jeremy abbott-type. he's got the musical nuances and dance ability. using the choreography to his advantage. pseudo ina bauer into his 3 jmp combo with arm positions...

his reaction is priceless.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    i cant find videos of any body but adam; i would love to see Machida, brandon, ryan, and nan songs also

Tripping on the Podium
    Saw Adam's FS. Thanks Sdongxie! That was very very smooth skate from Adam, and really lovely. Hope that this is not the last time this season Adam skates this free!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdongxie View Post
    Awww. Look at Adam's expression at the end of the program. He looks ecstatic over his performance. Adam looks real up and comer. I'm guessing a win at 4CC would probably earn him a spot at the Worlds, especially considering all the retirements after the Olympics. I'm looking forward to seeing him there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepymom View Post
    Hope that this is not the last time this season Adam skates this free!
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure88 View Post
    I'm guessing a win at 4CC would probably earn him a spot at the Worlds, especially considering all the retirements after the Olympics. I'm looking forward to seeing him there.
    You read my mind

Medalist
    Just watched Rippon's LP on Youtube. His reaction after the program was as priceless as Taylor Swift's when she won Record of the Year at the Grammy's tonight.

Very nice performance. Hope to see him at World's, and look forward to seeing new programs from him in future years.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure88 View Post
    Awww. Look at Adam's expression at the end of the program. He looks ecstatic over his performance. Adam looks real up and comer. I'm guessing a win at 4CC would probably earn him a spot at the Worlds, especially considering all the retirements after the Olympics. I'm looking forward to seeing him there.
    USA Men's World Team has already been selected: Abbott, Lysacek, Weir. First Alternate is Bradley, and Second Alternate is Rippon. (same as Olympic Team). So...for 2010 Worlds, a Rippon appearance is possible, but not likely unless 2 of those 4 men ahead of him either retire or are sick/injured.

Count me as disappointed that Kevin Reynolds and Ryan Bradley aren't at the Olympics. Both had great LPs at their Nats and, IMO, should have taken the extra spots. Kevin proved at 4CCs that he's stronger than Vaughan overall. It's a shame he won't get his OLys berth this time around but I think he'll still be around in 2014. I hope that not making the team will make Kevin see he really needs to work on those edges, transitions, etc. I'm worried about him being w/ Joanne MacLeod & would love to see him work with someone 'old school' who could really develop those aspects of Kevin's skating.

Custom Title
    USA Men's World Team has already been selected: Abbott, Lysacek, Weir. First Alternate is Bradley, and Second Alternate is Rippon. (same as Olympic Team). So...for 2010 Worlds, a Rippon appearance is possible, but not likely unless 2 of those 4 men ahead of him either retire or are sick/injured.
    That's too bad. I'd like to see him given the opportunity to compete one more time before the season ends.
    Last edited by Figure88; 02-01-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Rinkside
    My first time post! :-)

I've watched the whole show and I am quite impressed with Kevin Reynolds at the end. If he had landed all those jumps, which consists of tougher jump- layout than anyone, he would've been unbeatable.
    Adam was great, too. He is only a matter of time!

Rinkside
    Here's the link for the whole show for Men's skating, in case you haven't seen it yet:

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Fig.../ID=1400174895

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast