Men Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Men Free Skate

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Awww. Look at Adam's expression at the end of the program. He looks ecstatic over his performance. Adam looks real up and comer. I'm guessing a win at 4CC would probably earn him a spot at the Worlds, especially considering all the retirements after the Olympics. I'm looking forward to seeing him there.

USA Men's World Team has already been selected: Abbott, Lysacek, Weir. First Alternate is Bradley, and Second Alternate is Rippon. (same as Olympic Team). So...for 2010 Worlds, a Rippon appearance is possible, but not likely unless 2 of those 4 men ahead of him either retire or are sick/injured.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Count me as disappointed that Kevin Reynolds and Ryan Bradley aren't at the Olympics. Both had great LPs at their Nats and, IMO, should have taken the extra spots. Kevin proved at 4CCs that he's stronger than Vaughan overall. It's a shame he won't get his OLys berth this time around but I think he'll still be around in 2014. I hope that not making the team will make Kevin see he really needs to work on those edges, transitions, etc. I'm worried about him being w/ Joanne MacLeod & would love to see him work with someone 'old school' who could really develop those aspects of Kevin's skating.

Figure88

On the Ice
USA Men's World Team has already been selected: Abbott, Lysacek, Weir. First Alternate is Bradley, and Second Alternate is Rippon. (same as Olympic Team). So...for 2010 Worlds, a Rippon appearance is possible, but not likely unless 2 of those 4 men ahead of him either retire or are sick/injured.

That's too bad. I'd like to see him given the opportunity to compete one more time before the season ends.

Last edited:

Garden of gods

Spectator
My first time post! :)

I've watched the whole show and I am quite impressed with Kevin Reynolds at the end. If he had landed all those jumps, which consists of tougher jump- layout than anyone, he would've been unbeatable.
Adam was great, too. He is only a matter of time!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you! BTW, you can get to all the other 4cc events from that link, including the gala! even here in the US.

figuristka

Medalist
When i found the taped stream I pmed a few about that too. I expected to be blocked but its nice they kept it open so other countries can view.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
That's too bad. I'd like to see him given the opportunity to compete one more time before the season ends.

I think it's quite possible that Evan and Johnyy will both retire after the Olympics, so he could still make the World team.

ARipp42014

Medalist
I think it's quite possible that Evan and Johnyy will both retire after the Olympics, so he could still make the World team.

:clap::agree::rock:

Go Adam & Ryan! I have a feeling the Olympics will be the end for Johnny Gaga and Evan. Plus this will be a proper send off for Ryan (even though I want him to stay for one more season) and more experience for Adam.

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Just watched 4CC on Universal Sports. Adam Rippon said "I did my best to try my best" when asked about his FS.
Thank god for the likes of Rachael Flatt and Tenley Albright. :rock: or athlete will perpetuate the inept academic stereotype.