question: ambidexterous skating... | Golden Skate

question: ambidexterous skating...

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
I know there have been skaters that show that they can spin in both clockwise and counter-clockwise directions, but what about jumping?

Considering the clockwise jump allowa you to land on the left outside edge... it would be interesting to see if someone could connect a clockwise jump with a counter-clockwise lutz as the second jump in a combo ^_^

Rohene Ward performed an exhibition in 2002 in which he spins and jumps (reverse 2A to regular 2A) in both directions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAdIn-NFKhc
Very talented young man and watching that youtube can one be sure which was his better side?

Unfortunately, it's considered two jump passes in competition, and without doubt demonstrates that rare move (note, I use singular) to show difficulty. The move of a jump to the right and left can not be done any lother way, unfortunately.

Illia Klimkin did beautiful right and left forward camel spins. Don't know how CoP would judge that. It is one move demonstrating difficulty, and can not be done any other way.

These two rare cases, Ward and Klimkin, are only examples of my use of the word artistry.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Karen Magnussen used to jump in both directions. It was something to see.