Miki Ando in great shape for Vancouver | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Miki Ando in great shape for Vancouver

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Why not repeat the 3loop instead? Higher base value, and it's one of her money jumps. I get she doesn't want to repeat the 3flip 'cause she's still iffy on it from having just fixed her lip. But the 3loop seems like a natural way to go.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Wow nice clip! I really hope she doesn't hold back in Vancouver. She's always practicing her 3-3s yet holds back and does a 3-2.

Go Miki! You can do it! :) I want a competition, not a corination!

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Here is a new article on Ando at Icenetwork:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100202&content_id=8009194&vkey=ice_news

Quotes:

Morozov, a master at racking up points under the International Judging System (IJS), is tinkering with Ando's jump layout, devising two alternatives for her free skate.

"The difficult one [opens with] a triple Lutz-triple loop combination, and goes into double Axel-triple toe, and then a [triple] flip," Ando said. "The second half is triple Lutz; triple Sal; and triple toe, and double Axel- double loop-double loop. That is the highest point [total] I can get."

Ando's famed but elusive quad Salchow, ratified at the Junior Grand Final in 2002, will not make a competitive appearance.

"She still practices it, but she doesn't need it in Vancouver," Morozov said. "It's a little difficult. We'll see it again sometime."

"Miki can beat Yu-Na Kim," Morozov said. "She beat her in the short at the Grand Prix Final. She lost the free by a few points.

Both Morozov and Ando shrug off Ando's fourth-place finish at the Japanese Championships in December, saying she was not fully prepared. (Asada won the event for fourth time.)

"She was not really practicing for the nationals, because she had already qualified [under Japanese Skating Federation rules] for Olympics, with her silver medal at the Grand Prix Final," Morozov said, adding that Ando was also breaking in new boots.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Morozov, a master at racking up points under the International Judging System (IJS), is tinkering with Ando's jump layout, devising two alternatives for her free skate.

"The difficult one [opens with] a triple Lutz-triple loop combination, and goes into double Axel-triple toe, and then a [triple] flip," Ando said. "The second half is triple Lutz; triple Sal; and triple toe, and double Axel- double loop-double loop. That is the highest point [total] I can get."

I just hope he lets her do them when the chips are down. Miki has to go all out, and I think she wants to. I hope to see her skate lights out in Vancouver and let the placements fall where they may. If she can land two 3/3's in the free and maybe a 3/3 in the short she will medal, no doubt.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I just hope he lets her do them when the chips are down. Miki has to go all out, and I think she wants to. I hope to see her skate lights out in Vancouver and let the placements fall where they may. If she can land two 3/3's in the free and maybe a 3/3 in the short she will medal, no doubt.

If Miki can land 3/3 in both the short and the long and with the current layout, she will win gold.
I don't think a clean Kim/Asada can beat this layout.

Miki's PCS isn't too far behind and she has an extra triple over both of them.

miki88

Medalist
Will Olympics be a repeat of 2007 Worlds? People were buzzing about Yuna and Mao, but Miki prevails over both of them. We'll see..

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
If Miki can land 3/3 in both the short and the long and with the current layout, she will win gold.
I don't think a clean Kim/Asada can beat this layout.

Miki's PCS isn't too far behind and she has an extra triple over both of them.

Not if Kiim is clean. If Yu-na is clean her TES and her PCS will be head and shoulders above Miki and Asada. Miki and Mao and anyother medal hopefuls are releying on the nerves to get to Yu-na if they want gold. If Miki can do the 3/3 clean in the SP and two 3/3's in the LP and other wise be clean (and this includes downgrades, levels on spins etc) then Miki will challange Kim, and it will be close.

miki88

Medalist
Not if Kiim is clean. If Yu-na is clean her TES and her PCS will be head and shoulders above Miki and Asada. Miki and Mao and anyother medal hopefuls are releying on the nerves to get to Yu-na if they want gold. If Miki can do the 3/3 clean in the SP and two 3/3's in the LP and other wise be clean (and this includes downgrades, levels on spins etc) then Miki will challange Kim, and it will be close.

in pcs, yes. in tes, if all of them go clean (without downgrades) which has never happened as of yet, so it's highly unlikely, it will be pretty close. pcs varies a lot and it kinda depends on what the judges feel on that particular night. if the judges feel another skater besides yuna was equally good then the pcs may be even, so it's hard to say.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Something about Morozov's character really bothers me. The way he speaks to Miki can be condescending and far removed from what we see from other coaches, like Orser or Carroll.

If Miki lands the 3-3 in her SP, her total will be somewhere around the 70 range. If she lands her 3-3 and 2ax-3t in her LP, she will be around the 125-130 range. So I think if Miki skates lights out, she's capable of around 200-205 as a total. Which is very competitive and could well mean gold.

At this moment, I stll think that Kim is the favourite but Miki isn't far IMO. Any slip up from my queen and Miki will be right in the mix.

Wrlmy

Medalist
That interview was all kinds of hilarious! I don't like that Morozov is relying on the rivals skating badly so Miki can swoop in with a safe skate.
She has to go all out. She is a very Slustskaya-like skater, and look what happened when Irina didn't even attempt 3-3.

BTW, do you think Morozov gets his brows waxed?