Miki Ando in great shape for Vancouver | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Miki Ando in great shape for Vancouver

DesertRoad

Final Flight
She wasn't portraying an animal. Unless you consider Cleopatra an animal.

--'

And Pikachu isn't an animal.

Where do you get Cleopatra out of that costume? ¯\(°_o)/¯ She's clearly a disco dancing tiger.

And Pokemon can be real, you just need to believe!

What I'm saying is that, as your taste is in glorious display in your avatar, your taste has no value for me.

That's just how I feel about your avatar, too! High 5!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
She should just wear a black unitard as one of her costumes, she has the body to pull it off and it would be much more flattering than her current puffy, russian costumes.

bekalc

Record Breaker
She should just wear a black unitard as one of her costumes, she has the body to pull it off and it would be much more flattering than her current puffy, russian costumes.

Miki should go back to her original costume that she wore at Cup of Russia. She looked absolutely STUNNING in that costume. The other costumes have been just too much.

Layfan

Record Breaker
ITA. A simpler costume would show off her great body and pretty face perfectly. I think I hate her LP costume even more than Mao's. Both of those skaters get completely drowned out in those atrocities.:disagree:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Miki should go back to her original costume that she wore at Cup of Russia. She looked absolutely STUNNING in that costume. The other costumes have been just too much.

Is it just me or has she been switching costumes every event?

She must have a lot of money to afford all those costumes. :unsure:

Then again, she IS pretty big in Japan with all those ads and everything (I assume).

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Where do you get Cleopatra out of that costume? ¯\(°_o)/¯ She's clearly a disco dancing tiger.

And Pokemon can be real, you just need to believe!

That's just how I feel about your avatar, too! High 5!

I gotta say at first your avatar freaked me out but since I got used to it, it allows me to find your post very easily since it's so unique. I have to admit that I only read your post for entertainment value since I think you're one of the funniest, wittiest posters in GS!! :laugh::laugh:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Is it just me or has she been switching costumes every event?

She must have a lot of money to afford all those costumes. :unsure:

Then again, she IS pretty big in Japan with all those ads and everything (I assume).

I don't think Miki does many ads any longer b/c she's hired by Toyota. But she does show up to the media such as TV programs and magazines.

I am with others that her costumes could be better. Morosov tends to overdo things. I am a bit surprised that her mom and another Manga artist? make a costume. Why not Morosov? I honestly don't beleive in non-fashion-designers doing things, whether Morosov or mom (Look at recent costumes of Mao's after TAT has stepped in compared to the ones in her 2006-2008 periods).

But I recall her mom's redoing the unflattering Madam Butterfly costume at Torino (desgined by a top fashion designer!) into a very classy brownish one. So there is some hope. I hope that her mom can create some understated beauty.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Arghhhh apparently on another news program there was a clip of Miki landing perfect 3salcow/ 3loop AND 2axel/3toe!
Does anyone have this pretty please?!!

Regarding the costume I'm in minority- the more outrageous the better! Tiarra bring it on! (OK she does look most sophisticated in her black practice dress...)

sorcerer

Final Flight
I honestly don't beleive in non-fashion-designers doing things, whether Morosov or mom ... I hope that her mom can create some understated beauty.
The light blue costume that became Miki very well at f'rinstance Cup of Russia '05 was basically designed by Miki HERSELF, AFAIK.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
I gotta say at first your avatar freaked me out but since I got used to it, it allows me to find your post very easily since it's so unique. I have to admit that I only read your post for entertainment value since I think you're one of the funniest, wittiest posters in GS!! :laugh::laugh:

Thanks! I'll do my best to keep you entertained until my inevitable banning. :laugh:

Regarding the costume I'm in minority- the more outrageous the better! Tiarra bring it on! (OK she does look most sophisticated in her black practice dress...)

I agree. Miki knows how to dress for attention and deliciousness. Bring on the crazy outfits!

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
She should use 3sal/3loop, 3lutz and 2axel in the SP! Oh the fun of fantasising over practice clips:biggrin:

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
She should use 3sal/3loop, 3lutz and 2axel in the SP! Oh the fun of fantasising over practice clips:biggrin:

I have a feeling she's preparing the 3S-3Lo in case the 3Lz-3Lo in the FS turns into a 3Lz-2Lo (i.e. so that she has 2 opportunities for a 3-3 in the free).

Similar jump layout to Shizuka, no? If I recall correctly, she did a 3Lz-2Lo and a 3S-2T at Torino, both of which she had the ability to turn into 3-3s, as we saw at 2004 Worlds.

jovani2293

On the Ice

That would be a great idea. She would not have to do the triple flip, which is her least favorite jump and the jump which she get the less GOE. The Salchow is great jump for her to combination with the loop.

jovani2293

On the Ice
I have a feeling she's preparing the 3S-3Lo in case the 3Lz-3Lo in the FS turns into a 3Lz-2Lo (i.e. so that she has 2 opportunities for a 3-3 in the free).

Similar jump layout to Shizuka, no? If I recall correctly, she did a 3Lz-2Lo and a 3S-2T at Torino, both of which she had the ability to turn into 3-3s, as we saw at 2004 Worlds.

That is a good idea.