Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Truce - Whose Looking Forward to Games?

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

2010 Truce - Whose Looking Forward to Games?

Okay, we have had all the good, bad and ugly threads about the upcoming Olympics. I say it is time for a truce. So no put downs, insults or ill feelings allowed on your replies here.

The Games are practically history now here as we turn the corner. The Flame will be passing through my neighbourhood on Feb. 9th. I will not see it up close as I have to work.

I am looking forward to all the other free activities. There will be everything under the sun, including the famous RCMP musical ride. I have not seen that in years! Also there will be top musical acts, ballet, theatre and not to mention the Olympics will be shown on huge screens for our enjoyment. It's starting to feel like Expo 86 all over again.

It's hard to believe that soon some of the top skaters in the world will be gracing our shores. Plushenko will be practicing his quad out in the small community of Abbottsford. That would be exciting to see. Those folks will be talking about that for some time to come!

So, without further ado: LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Custom Title

I'm excited, but at the same time I'm dreading it - I'm even more nervous than the skaters. Plus loads of people will retire after and that's awful!

I can't wait! I think the atmosphere will be amazing and with the majority of the events sold out - there are going to be fantastic crowds too! I'm most looking forward to seeing the Olympic Rings and the Flame, soaking up the atmosphere, being at the skating practices, skating outdoors downtown, the zip line on the skycrapers, and of course doing a little partying! Can't wait!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I remember still the day that flame passed my hometown this year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    Plushenko will be practicing his quad out in the small community of Abbottsford.

Plushy would stay in Russia until 11 february, Mishin said he wants him to train out of spotlight and take care of his knee. He will enter olympic village directly at 12 February. He is also the proposed flag bearer for the opening ceremony and federation tries to keep him rested as much as possible.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I can't believe the games are almost here! I am so excited!!!!!
    :chorus:

been looking forward to it all year! there's nothing quite like 'em!

I always look forward to the Winter Olympics. Not just the figure skating but the speed skating & skiing events too.

I really like teh snowboard cross events and the downhill skiing.

Custom Title
    Can't wait! I love the RCMP!

Custom Title
    Yay! I'm super excited! Especially now I know Eurosport is going to air everything live (I'm not yet sure about Ladies; but so far it's looking good!). I'm having a 'party' with a couple of friends that like figure skating but don't really follow the competition for the men's LP. It's in the middle of the night here; but it'll be fun staying awake together and just be excited! I don't really have clear nightmare/dream podia and I just hope it'll be a great competition!

Can't wait!!! Got my figure skating schedule all printed out!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Just thought I would mention that Nastia Lupkin appeared on My Fox LA this morning and she mentioned that she would be in Vancouver to "support Evan." I thought that was cute and did not know that they knew eachother.

Custom Title
    http://www.planetout.com/.a/6a01156e...6e69970b-popup

Nastia was Evan's date to the Espys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Just thought I would mention that Nastia Lupkin appeared on My Fox LA this morning and she mentioned that she would be in Vancouver to "support Evan." I thought that was cute and did not know that they knew eachother.
    did you not see the numerous shots of her via NBC & Nationals? not AS bad as when he was dating Tanith... more like when he and Jenny were an item for ABC... it was mentioned but not really the only topic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast