2010 Truce - Whose Looking Forward to Games? | Golden Skate

2010 Truce - Whose Looking Forward to Games?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Okay, we have had all the good, bad and ugly threads about the upcoming Olympics. I say it is time for a truce. So no put downs, insults or ill feelings allowed on your replies here.

The Games are practically history now here as we turn the corner. The Flame will be passing through my neighbourhood on Feb. 9th. I will not see it up close as I have to work.

I am looking forward to all the other free activities. There will be everything under the sun, including the famous RCMP musical ride. I have not seen that in years! Also there will be top musical acts, ballet, theatre and not to mention the Olympics will be shown on huge screens for our enjoyment. It's starting to feel like Expo 86 all over again.

It's hard to believe that soon some of the top skaters in the world will be gracing our shores. Plushenko will be practicing his quad out in the small community of Abbottsford. That would be exciting to see. Those folks will be talking about that for some time to come!

So, without further ado: LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

:clap:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I'm excited, but at the same time I'm dreading it - I'm even more nervous than the skaters. Plus loads of people will retire after and that's awful!

i love to skate

Medalist
I can't wait! I think the atmosphere will be amazing and with the majority of the events sold out - there are going to be fantastic crowds too! I'm most looking forward to seeing the Olympic Rings and the Flame, soaking up the atmosphere, being at the skating practices, skating outdoors downtown, the zip line on the skycrapers, and of course doing a little partying! Can't wait! :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
:)I remember still the day that flame passed my hometown this year!
Plushenko will be practicing his quad out in the small community of Abbottsford.

:clap:

Plushy would stay in Russia until 11 february, Mishin said he wants him to train out of spotlight and take care of his knee. He will enter olympic village directly at 12 February. He is also the proposed flag bearer for the opening ceremony and federation tries to keep him rested as much as possible.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I can't believe the games are almost here! I am so excited!!!!!
:rock::clap::chorus:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
been looking forward to it all year! :rock: there's nothing quite like 'em!

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I always look forward to the Winter Olympics. Not just the figure skating but the speed skating & skiing events too.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I really like teh snowboard cross events and the downhill skiing.

Trewyn

Medalist
Yay! I'm super excited! Especially now I know Eurosport is going to air everything live (I'm not yet sure about Ladies; but so far it's looking good!). I'm having a 'party' with a couple of friends that like figure skating but don't really follow the competition for the men's LP. It's in the middle of the night here; but it'll be fun staying awake together and just be excited! I don't really have clear nightmare/dream podia and I just hope it'll be a great competition!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Just thought I would mention that Nastia Lupkin appeared on My Fox LA this morning and she mentioned that she would be in Vancouver to "support Evan." I thought that was cute and did not know that they knew eachother. :love:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Just thought I would mention that Nastia Lupkin appeared on My Fox LA this morning and she mentioned that she would be in Vancouver to "support Evan." I thought that was cute and did not know that they knew eachother. :love:

did you not see the numerous shots of her via NBC & Nationals? not AS bad as when he was dating Tanith... more like when he and Jenny were an item for ABC... it was mentioned but not really the only topic

iriseyes

Rinkside
Olympic Truce

Yes! I can't wait! There are so many awesome free events around town! If you're going to be in town, consider taking part in this flashmob dance: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=263836962582&ref=mf. Other than the men's long, this will be the highlight of the Olys for me :)

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that the "Olympic Truce" actually exists. Check it out at www.olympictruce.org and be inspired! There's so much good in the Olympic movement. It's important to be critical of all that is socially unjust, but let's not forget to celebrate! :clap::clap::clap:

Phoenix347

Final Flight
I always look forward to Winter Olympics... love just about all winter sports... well, except I can't get too worked up over curling...

Love all the skiing events, all the skating events, sled events, even biathlon. Good luck to all athletes! Go Lindsey Vonn!! :clap::clap: