Olympic Costumes! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Olympic Costumes!

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Please let all Miki's costumes get lost in transit and let her have to borrow something..something that Morozov would not be allowed to alter.:rolleye:..Or let The Tasteful Costume Fairy sprinkle her with fashionista dust as she steps onto the ice.:)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Please let all Miki's costumes get lost in transit and let her have to borrow something..something that Morozov would not be allowed to alter.:rolleye:..Or let The Tasteful Costume Fairy sprinkle her with fashionista dust as she steps onto the ice.:)

She really should just wear a black unitard. Her lines look so much better in those black pants she practices in. Plus then she can get hottness points and compete with Yuna in that game.

sorcerer

Final Flight
Miki's new dress for the long is designed by her mother and a manga artist, and the touch of this artist's works is quite romantic, so I'm expecting something rather soft in nuance.
Nikolai may modify it a bit .... I must imagine.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Would've loved Meryl's original costume with Charlie's updated one. But they still look marvelous! :love:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Here's an article in which Vera Wang talks about creating a bunch of costumes for Evan Lysacek (!!) this season,
I wish she would stop creating his costumes. they are terrible. Just my opinion.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Black, red, gold? Very heavy combination. The previous costumes were better IMO. More Indian and more original.

The cut of the original costume on Meryl was more Indian, but I was never fond of the color scheme, just too much going on. The new costumes have a much more focused and impactful palette. I don't find it heavy at all, just more regal. However, trying to pass off a bustiere as an Indian costume is a stretch, albeit a sexy one.

I wish she would stop creating his costumes. they are terrible. Just my opinion.

His short program costume is comical. His free skate one, though, is possibly my favorite male costume ever. If only someone else was wearing it.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight

Did Vera make that SP costume? Her designs are usually simple and elegant. That definitely was neither simple (the feathers at the cuffs) nor elegant. JMHO, but just because you skate to "Firebird" doesn't mean you have to have feathers.

ARipp42014

Medalist
According to Vera this afternoon, she doesn't know which Evan costume he's gonna choose tonite. It's either the Nationals version, the GPF version, or the COC/SA version.

Sadly B/A are sticking to showgirl & Elvis for their FD. ARGH!

DesertRoad

Final Flight
I'm normally not a fan of anything Lysacek wears, or Lysacek himself, but I did love the FS costume he wore for most of the season, the one with the cagey epaulets and the ruching. The Snakes on a Plain costume at the Olympics was a letdown.

Daisuke's FS costume, a new one, I think, was highly conservative by his standards. I liked it, though. It had a more casual, down to earth vibe than the one he used to use, and it fit the program better. Also if you think that's Harajuku style, you really don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:)looks like they wanted to make Dai's costume a little more run-down and earthy (...ok...) but I preferred the cut of his old one.

Either way, I like the cut of his jib !