Olympic Costumes! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Olympic Costumes!

berrycute

On the Ice
Mao: I wish she changes both costumes but she's most likely to stick with them.

I would love to see Mao in a new LP costume, the one she has now is somewhat bizarre (esp the neckline). The pink SP one I like, and I thought the hair-flower was a nice addition!

ARipp42014

Medalist
I would love to see Mao in a new LP costume, the one she has now is somewhat bizarre (esp the neckline). The pink SP one I like, and I thought the hair-flower was a nice addition!

Yeah! NO CHOKERS & RUFFLES FOR MAO! :agree:

*sighs* Why can't she wear a costume like the one she wore last season? The "Clare De Lune" one was gorgeous. :love:

Another hope is that Tessa goes back to the SC version of her FD dress. Better yet, the GPF/Nationals dress but with a natural or dropped waist and a hint of rum pink or blush. The higher waist and buff color washes her out despite the beautiful detail on the dress.

And Tanith, please go back to your GP FD dress. The Nationals version is a "wardrobe malfunction" waiting to happen. Ben also needs to get rid of the Elvis getup and go back to what he was wearing before.

BlackAxel

Final Flight

*sighs* Why can't she wear a costume like the one she wore last season? The "Clare De Lune" one was gorgeous. :love:

QUOTE]

ITA, Mao's Clair de Lune costume was perfect and very beautiful. While I prefer that Mao change her LP costume over anything else, it wouldnt hurt if she change her sp dress as well.

berrycute

On the Ice

Another hope is that Tessa goes back to the SC version of her FD dress. Better yet, the GPF/Nationals dress but with a natural or dropped waist and a hint of rum pink or blush. The higher waist and buff color washes her out despite the beautiful detail on the dress.

And Tanith, please go back to your GP FD dress. The Nationals version is a "wardrobe malfunction" waiting to happen. Ben also needs to get rid of the Elvis getup and go back to what he was wearing before.

If she doesn't have time to have a new dress made for her LP I think she could use the midnight blue dress she wore at the 2008-9 4CC for Claire de Lune! It was lovely and it could fit the music nicely:

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/6_cu...e+Skating+Championships/aog_8Bq0kIL/Mao+Asada

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
If she doesn't have time to have a new dress made for her LP I think she could use the midnight blue dress she wore at the 2008-9 4CC for Claire de Lune! It was lovely and it could fit the music nicely:

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/6_cu...e+Skating+Championships/aog_8Bq0kIL/Mao+Asada
A very nice dress but I think it's not powerful enough for Mao's LP.
Although I really don't like all this ruffles on her costumes this season! And illusion fabric on her dresses this year is such a bad qulity...I wish she changed her designer.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:disapp: I'm afraid she can't change her designer as long as she's with Tarasova.

Wouldn't you love to see her in something by Alissa's designer?

mishieru07

On the Ice

:thumbsup:

Alissa is one of the best dressed ladies ever.

I like Jo's S&D costume and I hope she keeps it. I prefer her GP SP dress but the current one is fine too.

Miki needs to thrash her costumes. I love her but what on earth is she thinking? :eek: Agreed that she needs to take a look at how Cynthia does Cleopatra.

Mao should also thrash both her dresses. Why doesn't anyone get this girl a decent designer this season?

I hope Yu Na keeps both her SP & LP dresses. She looks classy in both imo. (Speaking of which, any updates from Yu Na?)

I love Marlie's costumes! I like her POTO and Golden Waltz dresses :).

I really hope Tessa goes back to her SC dress. The beige one doesn't look flattering on her. Considering how gorgeous she and Scott are (their recent photoshoot is gorgeous! :p), it's really quite a shame imo. I'm also slightly concerned about the skirt length. She can also ditch the GW dress she used at TEB and keep the OD outfit they used at Canadians.

Let's just say I'm grateful Evan has at least changed his outfit. I still don't like it but it's tons better than the travesty it was.

I also like Jeremy Abbott's costumes this season.

cornell08

Final Flight
I hope Mirai keeps hers..it suits her figure to a T. and that's a great red.

I suspect that most of the dancers will at least tweak thier looks, I hope Tessa does not wear that ochre colored babydoll cut thing tahr makes her look pregnant. She has such a nice line and figure, why wear something like that?

:yes::yes:

I absolutely love Mirai's freeskate dress-- best dressed freeskate lady this year I think. I just love halter necklines that don't involve chokers, especially on willowy skaters. The color is such a gorgeous red-- beautiful that it seems to shimmer sans glitz. Lets hope she doesn't change it (I doubt she will).

Tessa's freeskate dress has gone from perfect imo at TEB to cringe (the ruched tattered-skirt prom dress) to meh (ochre tulle ballerina). I suspect they thought the gorgeous embroidered silk ribbon-tie halter dress from TEB was too plain...shame....it flowed so well with the program and really showed off Tessa's pretty figure. Wish she'd go back to that for the Olympics but doesn't look like that'll happen unfortunately.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Yes with a little reworking to.. Maybe make the gold detailing black or something. Then we could have a battle of the deep blue dresses. I don't see why pretty Mao has to wear that nasty LP dress that she has been wearing. Sasha still managed to look amazing during the Terosova years.

berrycute

On the Ice
Yes with a little reworking to.. Maybe make the gold detailing black or something. Then we could have a battle of the deep blue dresses. I don't see why pretty Mao has to wear that nasty LP dress that she has been wearing. Sasha still managed to look amazing during the Terosova years.

I agree some minor reworking would improve it, perhaps if they made it a darker, navy blue?

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
As Colleen pointed out, Joannie had a new SP dress for Canadians.Personally, I iked it. I thought the old dress was too long-waisted for her. She's long-waisted and very fit and that sometimes makes her look more stocky than she really is (when I saw her in person I was surprised at how teeny tiny Joannie is).

Not a fan of the pink SP for Mao. I'd like to see something new there. It's too flouncy or little girlish or something. It doesn't say Olympics to me. Also, the ruffles on the LP dress .

My least favourite costumes this year are the Dube & Davison LP. The brown does nothing on the ice. The cut of the top of the dress does not suit Jessica's figure. I didn't like the old-fashioned hairdo and it was too much of a knock-off of Sale & Pelletier, IMO.Jessica has had some awfully pretty costumes in the past but this is not one of them.

Oooo-Colleen I love the idea of the dusty rose! That would be so pretty on Tessa! Like you, I'm hoping Scott doesn't get caught in her skirt at Olys!!!

Okay, wait, how could I forget the most obvious: Johnny Weir and the hideous, anti-PETA LP costume! I heard he is removing the fox fur and replacing it with something synthetic. Just, replace the entire thing.

Last edited:

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
:disapp: I'm afraid she can't change her designer as long as she's with Tarasova.

I bet it would be amazing, good idea! Alissa brings so much style to Ladies costumes...like Sasha brought before...This year Sasha's LP costume at Nationals was great! I couldn't take my eyes off her!
Caroline's dresses were also nice this season, especially new greay one for LP. She had her own personal style in what she wears and I beleive it's a good thing for her age.

skatingbc

Final Flight
From Twitter: Tessa Virtue has at least one new costume (if not three) for Vancouver, but she's mum on specifics.

I liked her dresses anyway, but I always like new things too!

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin: Oh, Desertroad.. you picked such flattering photos of Alyssa and they really show off the design of the costume too!:rolleye:

Never mind, you won't find a more glorious paean to our friend Spinach. Whoever does her costumes has a great way with colour.

One costume that I really loved this year that almost-but-not-quite made it to the Olympics was Ashley Wagner's FP dress. Gorgeous colour , rich, beautiful detail , without overshadowing the skater. That's no mean feat.

Tessa usually seems to have something new for the last big competiton..either a tweak, or something toally different. Can't wait to see which... I can't blame her for keeping mum.

nubka

Final Flight

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Here's an article in which Vera Wang talks about creating a bunch of costumes for Evan Lysacek (!!) this season, some of which we've seen, but some he may debut for the Olympics:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olym...ating/2010-02-02-evan-lysacek-vera-wang_N.htm

Yes, Mr. Manly-Let's-All-Wear-Black-And-Pretend-This-Is-An-Extreme-Sport got his outfits from the woman famous for designing frou frou wedding gowns. We've seen some of the results. His SP outfit thus far is that ridiculous goth chicken, Ryuk from Death Note atrocity (bask in its horror in this high-res pic). On the other hand, I, despite every preliminary reason not to, quite like his LP outfit. I like the ruching, I even like the post-modern epaulets. I have no bloody idea how it relates to the music or its story, but it's true fashion. Of all the male skaters to be skating in something that could've been a highlight of fashion week, Lysacek would not have been my guess.