Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Olympic Costumes!

Mao: I wish she changes both costumes but she's most likely to stick with them

Miki: Too bad she's getting another new costume. Maybe she's going for the Magna, futuristic Cleopatra look for the LP. I like the first costume.

JoRo: I'm the minority by saying I like the Nationals version of her SP. The GP version looks plain. Maybe if it's the same type of dress at Nationals but in black, then we all can come up with a compromise. As for her S&D LP, keep it. It suits the program and her body type.

Akiko: She needs to go back to the GPF version of her WSS LP. I don't like the 4CC version at all. Heck, even the CoC/SC version with the white shirt looks better than the new one. Her Riverdance SP is fine.

Yu-Na: Hopefully she keeps those 2. It's beautiful!

You think Evan is gonna change it one more time? I wasn't feeling any of his costumes this season.
    Last edited by ARipp42014; 02-02-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Custom Title
    CaroK: she was seen outside the Cavalli store in Milano, after Europeans, and just before flying back to L.A....I think the SP costumes it's that from Euro, but she will wear something new for LP...

Quote Originally Posted by kiz_4Ever View Post
    CaroK: she was seen outside the Cavalli store in Milano, after Europeans, and just before flying back to L.A....I think the SP costumes it's that from Euro, but she will wear something new for LP...
    Nice! Caro does have some style. Sure she'll look like a glam goddess!

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Nice! Caro does have some style. Sure she'll look like a glam goddess!
    With Caro's flailing limbs and skittish skating, the goddess she most resembles is Arachne.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    With Caro's flailing limbs and skittish skating, the goddess she most resembles is Arachne.
    That's kind of a douchey thing to say...

I am looking forward to seeing what she wears! I really liked her outfits from last season, esp. that white dress for her LP. I think she should go for long sleeves again, that style really accentuates her long arms and draws attention to her (IMO) very elegant arm movements and choreographic details.

Custom Title
    Mao: I wish she changes both costumes but she's most likely to stick with them.
    I would love to see Mao in a new LP costume, the one she has now is somewhat bizarre (esp the neckline). The pink SP one I like, and I thought the hair-flower was a nice addition!

Quote Originally Posted by berrycute View Post
    I would love to see Mao in a new LP costume, the one she has now is somewhat bizarre (esp the neckline). The pink SP one I like, and I thought the hair-flower was a nice addition!
    Yeah! NO CHOKERS & RUFFLES FOR MAO!

*sighs* Why can't she wear a costume like the one she wore last season? The "Clare De Lune" one was gorgeous.

Another hope is that Tessa goes back to the SC version of her FD dress. Better yet, the GPF/Nationals dress but with a natural or dropped waist and a hint of rum pink or blush. The higher waist and buff color washes her out despite the beautiful detail on the dress.

And Tanith, please go back to your GP FD dress. The Nationals version is a "wardrobe malfunction" waiting to happen. Ben also needs to get rid of the Elvis getup and go back to what he was wearing before.

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    [QUOTE=ARipp42014;462762]Yeah! NO CHOKERS & RUFFLES FOR MAO!

*sighs* Why can't she wear a costume like the one she wore last season? The "Clare De Lune" one was gorgeous.

QUOTE]

ITA, Mao's Clair de Lune costume was perfect and very beautiful. While I prefer that Mao change her LP costume over anything else, it wouldnt hurt if she change her sp dress as well.

Custom Title
    Yeah! NO CHOKERS & RUFFLES FOR MAO!

Another hope is that Tessa goes back to the SC version of her FD dress. Better yet, the GPF/Nationals dress but with a natural or dropped waist and a hint of rum pink or blush. The higher waist and buff color washes her out despite the beautiful detail on the dress.

And Tanith, please go back to your GP FD dress. The Nationals version is a "wardrobe malfunction" waiting to happen. Ben also needs to get rid of the Elvis getup and go back to what he was wearing before.
    If she doesn't have time to have a new dress made for her LP I think she could use the midnight blue dress she wore at the 2008-9 4CC for Claire de Lune! It was lovely and it could fit the music nicely:

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/6_cul...0kIL/Mao+Asada

Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    If she doesn't have time to have a new dress made for her LP I think she could use the midnight blue dress she wore at the 2008-9 4CC for Claire de Lune! It was lovely and it could fit the music nicely:

A very nice dress but I think it's not powerful enough for Mao's LP.
    Although I really don't like all this ruffles on her costumes this season! And illusion fabric on her dresses this year is such a bad qulity...I wish she changed her designer.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I'm afraid she can't change her designer as long as she's with Tarasova.

Wouldn't you love to see her in something by Alissa's designer?

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Wouldn't you love to see her in something by Alissa's designer?

Alissa is one of the best dressed ladies ever.

I like Jo's S&D costume and I hope she keeps it. I prefer her GP SP dress but the current one is fine too.

Miki needs to thrash her costumes. I love her but what on earth is she thinking? Agreed that she needs to take a look at how Cynthia does Cleopatra.

Mao should also thrash both her dresses. Why doesn't anyone get this girl a decent designer this season?

I hope Yu Na keeps both her SP & LP dresses. She looks classy in both imo. (Speaking of which, any updates from Yu Na?)

I love Marlie's costumes! I like her POTO and Golden Waltz dresses .

I really hope Tessa goes back to her SC dress. The beige one doesn't look flattering on her. Considering how gorgeous she and Scott are (their recent photoshoot is gorgeous! ), it's really quite a shame imo. I'm also slightly concerned about the skirt length. She can also ditch the GW dress she used at TEB and keep the OD outfit they used at Canadians.

Let's just say I'm grateful Evan has at least changed his outfit. I still don't like it but it's tons better than the travesty it was.

I also like Jeremy Abbott's costumes this season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post

I hope Mirai keeps hers..it suits her figure to a T. and that's a great red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I suspect that most of the dancers will at least tweak thier looks, I hope Tessa does not wear that ochre colored babydoll cut thing tahr makes her look pregnant. She has such a nice line and figure, why wear something like that?

I absolutely love Mirai's freeskate dress-- best dressed freeskate lady this year I think. I just love halter necklines that don't involve chokers, especially on willowy skaters. The color is such a gorgeous red-- beautiful that it seems to shimmer sans glitz. Lets hope she doesn't change it (I doubt she will).

Tessa's freeskate dress has gone from perfect imo at TEB to cringe (the ruched tattered-skirt prom dress) to meh (ochre tulle ballerina). I suspect they thought the gorgeous embroidered silk ribbon-tie halter dress from TEB was too plain...shame....it flowed so well with the program and really showed off Tessa's pretty figure. Wish she'd go back to that for the Olympics but doesn't look like that'll happen unfortunately.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

Yes with a little reworking to.. Maybe make the gold detailing black or something. Then we could have a battle of the deep blue dresses. I don't see why pretty Mao has to wear that nasty LP dress that she has been wearing. Sasha still managed to look amazing during the Terosova years.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Yes with a little reworking to.. Maybe make the gold detailing black or something. Then we could have a battle of the deep blue dresses. I don't see why pretty Mao has to wear that nasty LP dress that she has been wearing. Sasha still managed to look amazing during the Terosova years.
    I agree some minor reworking would improve it, perhaps if they made it a darker, navy blue?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast