Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Olympic Costumes!

As Colleen pointed out, Joannie had a new SP dress for Canadians.Personally, I iked it. I thought the old dress was too long-waisted for her. She's long-waisted and very fit and that sometimes makes her look more stocky than she really is (when I saw her in person I was surprised at how teeny tiny Joannie is).

Not a fan of the pink SP for Mao. I'd like to see something new there. It's too flouncy or little girlish or something. It doesn't say Olympics to me. Also, the ruffles on the LP dress .

My least favourite costumes this year are the Dube & Davison LP. The brown does nothing on the ice. The cut of the top of the dress does not suit Jessica's figure. I didn't like the old-fashioned hairdo and it was too much of a knock-off of Sale & Pelletier, IMO.Jessica has had some awfully pretty costumes in the past but this is not one of them.

Oooo-Colleen I love the idea of the dusty rose! That would be so pretty on Tessa! Like you, I'm hoping Scott doesn't get caught in her skirt at Olys!!!

Okay, wait, how could I forget the most obvious: Johnny Weir and the hideous, anti-PETA LP costume! I heard he is removing the fox fur and replacing it with something synthetic. Just, replace the entire thing.
    Last edited by Sk8n Mama; 02-04-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    I'm afraid she can't change her designer as long as she's with Tarasova.

Wouldn't you love to see her in something by Alissa's designer?
    I bet it would be amazing, good idea! Alissa brings so much style to Ladies costumes...like Sasha brought before...This year Sasha's LP costume at Nationals was great! I couldn't take my eyes off her!
    Caroline's dresses were also nice this season, especially new greay one for LP. She had her own personal style in what she wears and I beleive it's a good thing for her age.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Alissa is a very pretty girl and all, but a fashion plate? Most of her outfits are awful, clashing colors with random throwbacks to medieval Europe. Like this monstrous corset with colliding shades of bruises. Or her tribute to spinach. Here she's drowning in lace, a fabric normally reserved for grandmothers or dining tables.

Custom Title
    From Twitter: Tessa Virtue has at least one new costume (if not three) for Vancouver, but she's mum on specifics.

I liked her dresses anyway, but I always like new things too!

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Oh, Desertroad.. you picked such flattering photos of Alyssa and they really show off the design of the costume too!

Never mind, you won't find a more glorious paean to our friend Spinach. Whoever does her costumes has a great way with colour.

One costume that I really loved this year that almost-but-not-quite made it to the Olympics was Ashley Wagner's FP dress. Gorgeous colour , rich, beautiful detail , without overshadowing the skater. That's no mean feat.

Tessa usually seems to have something new for the last big competiton..either a tweak, or something toally different. Can't wait to see which... I can't blame her for keeping mum.

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by just wondering View Post
    Akiko Suzuki debuted a new costume at 4Cs. It is a dramatic departure from her first costume of the season, the one with the ill-fitting jacket. Then I think she changed to a more fitted jacket, then to the red dress she wore in the later part of the season. And now this one. Interesting progression:
    http://www.daylife.com/search/photos...q=akiko+suzuki

I definately liked the first red dress better...

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingbc View Post
    From Twitter: Tessa Virtue has at least one new costume (if not three) for Vancouver, but she's mum on specifics.

I liked her dresses anyway, but I always like new things too!

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Here's an article in which Vera Wang talks about creating a bunch of costumes for Evan Lysacek (!!) this season, some of which we've seen, but some he may debut for the Olympics:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olymp...era-wang_N.htm

Yes, Mr. Manly-Let's-All-Wear-Black-And-Pretend-This-Is-An-Extreme-Sport got his outfits from the woman famous for designing frou frou wedding gowns. We've seen some of the results. His SP outfit thus far is that ridiculous goth chicken, Ryuk from Death Note atrocity (bask in its horror in this high-res pic). On the other hand, I, despite every preliminary reason not to, quite like his LP outfit. I like the ruching, I even like the post-modern epaulets. I have no bloody idea how it relates to the music or its story, but it's true fashion. Of all the male skaters to be skating in something that could've been a highlight of fashion week, Lysacek would not have been my guess.

Custom Title
    Have anyone hear or seen anything about changes to the costumes.

Please do not let Miki wear this in the gala......

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/7syui...i-5w/Miki+Ando

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Please let all Miki's costumes get lost in transit and let her have to borrow something..something that Morozov would not be allowed to alter...Or let The Tasteful Costume Fairy sprinkle her with fashionista dust as she steps onto the ice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Please let all Miki's costumes get lost in transit and let her have to borrow something..something that Morozov would not be allowed to alter...Or let The Tasteful Costume Fairy sprinkle her with fashionista dust as she steps onto the ice.
    She really should just wear a black unitard. Her lines look so much better in those black pants she practices in. Plus then she can get hottness points and compete with Yuna in that game.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama View Post
    Please do not let Miki wear this in the gala......

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/7syui...i-5w/Miki+Ando
    Mikki looks pretty scary in this pic!

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JBCFJ8WJzU

new or half new costumes for belbin/agosto?
    he wore that in cup of china....i like tanith's

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Miki's new dress for the long is designed by her mother and a manga artist, and the touch of this artist's works is quite romantic, so I'm expecting something rather soft in nuance.
    Nikolai may modify it a bit .... I must imagine.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast